Rich Pitino on Sports Huddle

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Gopher Men's BB coach Rich Pitino was on the WCCO Sports Huddle Sunday 5-15.

Sid: (tells story about former Michigan AD - controlling athletes - hard for coaches)
RP: you can't be around 24/7. we can control how we work to fix it. bottom line It's my responsibility. next few weeks, put together a plan. educate guys - image of program has to improve. committed to do it.

Sid: evaluate recruit's behavior?
RP: we've never brought anyone in here who's had issues before. got to get young team to mature - hold each other accountable. teach our guys - if you see teammate doing something wrong, what do you do.

Mona: Joey King impact on teammates.
RP: tough year. very young. Proud as I've been as a coach (King interview on TV). gratitude. need more moments like that. I can't do anything now to fix record. but I can educate that off-the-court is as important as on the court.

Sid: number of kids getting in trouble?
RP: every situation is different. educate. implement plan going forward.

Mona: what have you learned.
RP: always trying to get better. How to deal with these things. are there steps we can take to avoid it. we're going to be stronger.

Sid:" future of team?
RP: this team will be the deepest team we've had. difficult to compete in B1G with young team. learn how to win. had a lot of single-digit losses - why?

show runs out of time for segment.

Thanks son. Another solid report on our beloved teams. May Coyle make a difference for us.

Top Bottom