Sid Hartman: Gophers baseball coach Anderson praises hire of Coyle

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Anderson is one of the few current Gophers coaches who got to work with Coyle in his previous role here from 2001 to 2005.

“I knew Mark when he worked here 10-11 years ago, and thought he did a very nice job in the area of responsibility he had,” Anderson said. “He looked like he had a bright future ahead of him. I haven’t had much contact with him since he left here, but sure looks like he’s put together an impressive career. We obviously can use his help here and get us back in a better direction than we have been on recently.”

Anderson said bringing in Coyle should help because he understands the university’s specific needs.

“It’s a unique place, I think you need to understand when you have a large metropolitan university with pro sports and all the different things that go on in this community and the only Division I institution in the state and how much people care about the University of Minnesota and our success athletically,” he said. “I think it’s good to have somebody that really understands our university and the state of Minnesota.

“I do think it’s a good move. I think it’s a very good move and hopefully we can give him the support both within the university and outside to allow him to do an outstanding job.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-baseball-coach-anderson-praises-hire-of-coyle/379282211/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom