2016 Seat Adjustment Process

It's funny. My season ticket price this year is roughly the same as it has always been in the new stadium. If you drop your season tickets because the donation level of your seat section went up, I do not feel bad for you. Are you too good for the non donation seats or seats in sections with a smaller donation? Because really, the seats are just as good. It's a 50k seat stadium. There are no bad seats. So just admit it, you think you are too good to change seats!

This is the main issue here. Sure, there's a benefit to having the same seats each week, knowing some of the people around you, and being able to accrue a Gopher score (if that means anything to that certain person). But when the above scenario can happen, and at such a dramatic price difference, it really makes it hard to justify season tickets to some people. It's great to be able to reel people in with that promotion and fill as many seats as possible, but then there needs to be a bigger benefit for people buying season seats.

I don't mean to say the people deserve something additional, as those season tickets holders (like myself) know full well the price up front; but to reel more people in, the U needs to show prospective season ticket holders that it's more beneficial to buy the whole year instead of grabbing tickets to an occasional game here and there.

I agree, they really did screw this up. Can't see how they make out better $$wise. I went from 4 to 2 tickets for a bunch of reasons, including the seat donations doubling. Generally had trouble finding friends for the extra two seats last year other than a couple games, so figured this year would be even harder, given the less appealing home schedule. Promotions like this also make it all but impossible to get anything from scalpers for the lesser games in the two-pack. Season ticket holders right behind me dropped two years ago and those 6 seats were open for four games last year.

Loyalty works both ways, so I don't begrudge anyone who dropped season tickets.

It's funny. My season ticket price this year is roughly the same as it has always been in the new stadium. If you drop your season tickets because the donation level of your seat section went up, I do not feel bad for you. Are you too good for the non donation seats or seats in sections with a smaller donation? Because really, the seats are just as good. It's a 50k seat stadium. There are no bad seats. So just admit it, you think you are too good to change seats!

Unless we didn't understand the process when we dropped, my issue was that we either had to re-up our donation or lose priority. We could not say no to the donation and then just pick a non-donation seat.

At least that's how I recall it going down.

I'm in non donation section and never miss anything. 236!

And some of us want to support our University and have continued to hold on to our season tickets.

Look, keep your tickets or don't. However, thinking that by keeping them you are somehow "supporting" and making any difference at the U is naive at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we just cut and paste in 10 pages of the last ticket price increase debate and close this thread :horse::horse::horse::horse::blah::blah::banghead::banghead:

Look, keep your tickets or don't. However, thinking that by keeping them you are somehow "supporting" and making any difference at the U is naive at best.

In what way is buying season tickets not supporting the U? I'll also note that he never said anything about "making a difference" - you made that up.

In what way is buying season tickets not supporting the U?

In the way that you buying season tix does not make a difference at the U.

In the way that you buying season tix does not make a difference at the U.

That isn't what he said or what I said. Again, you're making things up. Address what he actually said or shut it.

That isn't what he said or what I said. Again, you're making things up. Address what he actually said or shut it.

Well, it matches my comment if you look at its entirety. Look, I had season tix for well over a decade. I was in a group of 18 seats. I loved every minute of it. However, we dropped those tix and somehow I think the U is in the same place it would be had I continued to "support" it with season tix. I still go to games - just not as a STH. You clearly feel you are better than others as you keep your season tix (per your recent post), but I hate to break it to you that you really aren't making a difference by doing so.

Well, it matches my comment if you look at its entirety. Look, I had season tix for well over a decade. I was in a group of 18 seats. I loved every minute of it. However, we dropped those tix and somehow I think the U is in the same place it would be had I continued to "support" it with season tix. I still go to games - just not as a STH. You clearly feel you are better than others as you keep your season tix (per your recent post), but I hate to break it to you that you really aren't making a difference by doing so.

No one has said that. You're not actually addressing his point, which speaks to your cowardice. Financial support of an institution is, by definition, support. It can't be argued against. Making up some straw man doesn't invalidate this fact.

No one has said that. You're not actually addressing his point, which speaks to your cowardice. Financial support of an institution is, by definition, support. It can't be argued against. Making up some straw man doesn't invalidate this fact.

Well, I'm a coward.

You are the naive one if you don't think buying tickets to any sporting or other U of M events is not supporting the university. Admit it, that's a pretty ridiculous statement.

You are the naive one if you don't think buying tickets to any sporting or other U of M events is not supporting the university. Admit it, that's a pretty ridiculous statement.

OK. Let's all look at the context of the conversation and admit we know what my point was. Yes, you & DPO are right - financial support is support. Buying tix is supporting the U. This apparently makes me a coward. All duly noted.

Yes, DPO is right, HoustonTX guy didn't say he thought he made a difference with his support. Also true. Well done DPO. With that said, when the thread conversation at the time is about being able to get tix to all games for less $ than season tix cost and Houston Guy responds with "yes, but some of us choose to support the U by keeping our season tix" there is an implication in that statement that it is somehow better and I would say (feel free to disagree) that the poster feels they are making a difference. I mean, if you didn't feel you were making a difference - why would you knowingly pay more for the same product in the name of "supporting the U"?

That was/is my point and I think DPO knew/knows it - but so be it. Support it is. Yes, ridiculous to claim anything other. This isn't as much fun as saying the front man for the FundRaising effort at the U isn't fundraising when he travels to raise funds for the U, but fun none-the-less.

OK. Let's all look at the context of the conversation and admit we know what my point was. Yes, you & DPO are right - financial support is support. Buying tix is supporting the U. This apparently makes me a coward. All duly noted.

Yes, DPO is right, HoustonTX guy didn't say he thought he made a difference with his support. Also true. Well done DPO. With that said, when the thread conversation at the time is about being able to get tix to all games for less $ than season tix cost and Houston Guy responds with "yes, but some of us choose to support the U by keeping our season tix" there is an implication in that statement that it is somehow better and I would say (feel free to disagree) that the poster feels they are making a difference. I mean, if you didn't feel you were making a difference - why would you knowingly pay more for the same product in the name of "supporting the U"?

That was/is my point and I think DPO knew/knows it - but so be it. Support it is. Yes, ridiculous to claim anything other. This isn't as much fun as saying the front man for the FundRaising effort at the U isn't fundraising when he travels to raise funds for the U, but fun none-the-less.

He's in no way, shape, or form the "front man for the FundRaising [sic] effort at the U", nor anything even remotely approaching such, and is also not a fundraiser for the U. You're free to incorrectly think otherwise, but you'd of course be wrong.

I'm a season ticket holder as well. I don't think I'm better than someone who chooses not to retain their tickets. I do know, however, that I'm better than someone who gives up their season tickets, goes on a Gopher fan board to brag about it, and then expects to be congratulated for it.

You're grasping at straws. I'm not bragging at all, just commenting on a thread someone else started about season ticket prices that it's significantly less to buy individual tickets. It should be the other way around, and the fact it isn't is just one more example of how badly mismanaged the process has been. But I wouldn't expect someone who cashes checks from the U to be objective on this.

I chose to get the same seats for significantly less money. Nothing more nothing less.

I think that is fair to say that the significant increase in season FB tickets despite no increase in demand was a plan devised by the disgraced former AD.
He by his own admission as a minimum had very serious problems with alcoholism and what else we do not know.
Kaler signed off on hiring this AD.
So if one decides to not to renew it is not rejecting Gopher FB but telling the new AD and Kaler that mistakes were made.
Now time will tell how serious the mistake was but the emergence of the very cheap pack two suggests it was a very bad decision.

He's in no way, shape, or form the "front man for the FundRaising [sic] effort at the U", nor anything even remotely approaching such, and is also not a fundraiser for the U. You're free to incorrectly think otherwise, but you'd of course be wrong.

Denial, in ordinary English usage, is asserting that a statement or allegation is not true.[1] The same word, and also abnegation (German: Verneinung), is used for a psychological defense mechanism postulated by psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.

Nanne to Lead Athletics Facilities Campaign

http://www.gophersports.com/genrel/120913aaa.html

http://www.twincities.com/2013/12/09/lou-nanne-to-lead-gophers-sports-fundraising/

http://www.bizjournals.com/twinciti...2/lou-nanne-gophers-fundraising-campaign.html

Denial, in ordinary English usage, is asserting that a statement or allegation is not true.[1] The same word, and also abnegation (German: Verneinung), is used for a psychological defense mechanism postulated by psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.

http://www.twincities.com/2013/12/09/lou-nanne-to-lead-gophers-sports-fundraising/

http://www.bizjournals.com/twinciti...2/lou-nanne-gophers-fundraising-campaign.html

In the mean time, while most are trying to get on a lifeboat, dope68 and mplsgo4 are standing on the deck of the Titanic telling everyone (insisting) there is nothing wrong with the design of the ship.

Athletics is not the entirety of the University. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Also, the fact that you don't even comprehend the links you posted is not my problem. I'm not in denial of anything. I know what I'm talking about, and you guys don't. Keep pretending that you do, though. It's amusing to me.

Further, why would Lou Nanne being a fundraiser be "uncomfortable" to me? Why would I care either way?

Well, I'm a coward.

Yes you are. Not only that, you will deny/lie when somebody points out what you actually said is not what you claim you said. We all make mistakes and most of us will admit it when we do. For what ever reason that seems to be very difficult for you.

Athletics is not the entirety of the University. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Also, the fact that you don't even comprehend the links you posted is not my problem. I'm not in denial of anything. I know what I'm talking about, and you guys don't. Keep pretending that you do, though. It's amusing to me.

Further, why would Lou Nanne being a fundraiser be "uncomfortable" to me? Why would I care either way?

The only person talking about fundraising in the context of the university as a whole is you. The rest of us are concerned with athletics-oriented fundraising. We've been over this before. Just concede the point and move on.

Yes you are. Not only that, you will deny/lie when somebody points out what you actually said is not what you claim you said. We all make mistakes and most of us will admit it when we do. For what ever reason that seems to be very difficult for you.

You may want to take a peek at post #76 of this thread. Just say'in.

The only person talking about fundraising in the context of the university as a whole is you. TRUE The rest of us are concerned with athletics-oriented fundraising. TRUE We've been over this before. TRUE Just concede the point and move on. He's incapable of that.

The only person talking about fundraising in the context of the university as a whole is you. The rest of us are concerned with athletics-oriented fundraising. We've been over this before. Just concede the point and move on.

Nope - I'm not the one who said "front man for the FundRaising effort at the U". If he meant athletics, he shouldve said athletics. It's not complicated.

I'm also not sure what your misconceptions have to do with the 2016 seat adjustment process. Perhaps you should ask your bff why he brought it up in this thread instead of claiming I'm in denial about subjects in which I'm far more knowledgeable than either of you.

Top Bottom