2016 Seat Adjustment Process

go4rube

By the Beard of Zeus!
Reaction score
I just got the email.

The 2016 Gopher Football seat/parking adjustment process will begin on Monday, May 16 and is expected to run through mid-June. The duration of the process will primarily depend on the length of time needed to fulfill each request. In our continued effort to improve customer service during football seat/parking adjustments, each season ticket holder who requested an adjustment will receive a phone call regarding his/her request. Calls will be made Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Zone Dates:
dmebusk.jpg

Hopefully I can get my suites moved together already....

No sections have been sold out yet:
YKeDtaz.jpg

No sections have been sold out yet:
YKeDtaz.jpg

I'm in Zone 5...went from 4 to 2 tickets this year. Based on where my seats are and the open ones around me, pretty sure I will be able to go back to 4 tickets next year in the same seats or very close...if I want to do so.

Nice to see the club level prices now. Usually they don't have that on the site.

Zone 3 started today. The anticipated start dates also moved out for remaining zones:
SuElnJJ.jpg

I don't think I even got an email with what zone in in. Anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

I don't think I even got an email with what zone in in. Anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

Nope I got an email when the process started.

Check to be sure your email is correct in your mygophersports.com account.

Nope I got an email when the process started. Check to be sure your email is correct in your mygophersports.com account.

I get all other emails from Gopher Sports and he alumni association. Perhaps I just over looked it.

For those of you keeping track, got my call in Zone 4 today.

I was at the tail end of the Zone 3 calls today. They were unable to upgrade my already perfect seats.

Zone 5 started today. Adjustment map not showing any updates nor sold out sections.

So, my zone is apparently up next and so I replied to their email about blocked/full sections........here's the reply:

There are not currently any sections that are completely filled in terms of seating, so there are none that are black on that map. The link is up to date and we are beginning our work on Zone 8, so you should be hearing from us in the next 1 to 2 business days about your adjustment. Thank you for your email and Ski-U-Mah!

So, my zone is apparently up next and so I replied to their email about blocked/full sections........here's the reply:

There are not currently any sections that are completely filled in terms of seating, so there are none that are black on that map. The link is up to date and we are beginning our work on Zone 8, so you should be hearing from us in the next 1 to 2 business days about your adjustment. Thank you for your email and Ski-U-Mah!

There must be some mistake. I was assured that the demand was there for the high-priced zones!

The young man I talked to acknowledged that there has been a lot of concern expressed from ST holders about the donation process. He said that his supervisor is aware of it.

My hope is that this concern will soon get to Coyle for his consideration and the 2017 increases will be amended somehow. The question is will the AD value long term ST's and their loyalty or focus on other markets/corporations.

We will drop our long time ST's next year in favor of purchasing some two game packages.

I was not able to renew mine and it stinks. They should allow a better slow pay option. 3 payments isn't enough.

There must be some mistake. I was assured that the demand was there for the high-priced zones!

I realize your comment is somewhat facetious, but whether or not there is sufficient demand for the more expensive seats (and there probably isn't) can't be determined by the results thus far. This is just the renewal process and it's been widely known that there were going to be season ticket holder losses. The question will be whether they can fill those seats with "new blood." We won't know that until the whole thing plays out.

The young man I talked to acknowledged that there has been a lot of concern expressed from ST holders about the donation process. He said that his supervisor is aware of it.

My hope is that this concern will soon get to Coyle for his consideration and the 2017 increases will be amended somehow. The question is will the AD value long term ST's and their loyalty or focus on other markets/corporations.

We will drop our long time ST's next year in favor of purchasing some two game packages.

I was told the exact same thing. I also have a friend who has tier 3 upper deck seats and was able to greatly improve them by moving a few rows higher.

I renewed my season tickets again this year, but... these exponential seat donation price hikes are starting to make other entertainment options more attractive. One thing that really sticks out to me is I faithfully used to put my name in the ring every year for a seat adjustment. I am in the corner first deck and I badly wanted to get to the seat back locations. I tried every year, and those seats were blacked out long before it was my turn, each year. In all those years, I was only able to move from section 133 to 135. I was so close to those seat backs, I could smell them and look longingly at them to my left as I went down the steps to my row in section 135. Clearly, I could now have my pick in section 137, but of course I quit putting my name on the adjustment wish list because those donations are even HIGHER than my current seats.

So, it has all conspired to favor money over seniority on where people will sit. That makes sense to me if every seat is filled in the end. If it causes the loss of season ticket holders, then maybe not so much. It will be interesting to look at the size of the crowds this year compared to recent seasons in TCF.

I am going to attend the Gopher Road Trip in Owatonna tommorrow and ask Mark Coyle his thoughts on the "donation" seating and how it may be a disaster next couple years. I'll report back with his response.

I have heard from some in the know that there is serious consideration to not increase the donation next year as originally planned.

I am going to attend the Gopher Road Trip in Owatonna tommorrow and ask Mark Coyle his thoughts on the "donation" seating and how it may be a disaster next couple years. I'll report back with his response.

I'm still willing to take you up on your bet. Maybe you can report back on that at the same time.

I have heard from some in the know that there is serious consideration to not increase the donation next year as originally planned.

While that would be smart, a lot of damage has already been done.

While that would be smart, a lot of damage has already been done.

No "damage" has been done from my perspective... I have renewed for 2016 and will renew again next year, regardless of whether or not the donations increase (as planned) for next year.

I realize your comment is somewhat facetious, but whether or not there is sufficient demand for the more expensive seats (and there probably isn't) can't be determined by the results thus far. This is just the renewal process and it's been widely known that there were going to be season ticket holder losses. The question will be whether they can fill those seats with "new blood." We won't know that until the whole thing plays out.

While you are correct, the fact that the higher priced donation zones went did not sell out for season ticket holders last year is a sign the demand wasn't there as early as 2015.

Top Bottom