Reggie Lynch In Jail ... UPDATE: Released without charges

this thread is as stupid as the program.

No doubt we are a laughing stock, but those that are suggesting that Pitino hasn't made mention about behaving while out at night are ****ing clueless morons. You either have never managed an employee, raised a child, or had a friend to not understand that sometimes people just don't listen.... Especially drunk 20 somethings. Something else takes over.

Those suggesting that they see basketball players out more often than football players, is it possible you recognize basketball players a big easier? Is it possible that the 6ft+ guys stand out a bit more? Or the simple fact that there are only 12 faces to remember rather than what? 80+??

Joke of a program
Joke of a thread
Joke of a fanbase

just a goddamn joke.

Why am I a Gopher fan and why do we put ourselves through this?

An Illinois State fan on reddit says it was well known that he was a creep to girls, and is not surprised by this.

this thread is as stupid as the program.

No doubt we are a laughing stock, but those that are suggesting that Pitino hasn't made mention about behaving while out at night are ****ing clueless morons. You either have never managed an employee, raised a child, or had a friend to not understand that sometimes people just don't listen.... Especially drunk 20 somethings. Something else takes over.

Those suggesting that they see basketball players out more often than football players, is it possible you recognize basketball players a big easier? Is it possible that the 6ft+ guys stand out a bit more? Or the simple fact that there are only 12 faces to remember rather than what? 80+??

Joke of a program
Joke of a thread
Joke of a fanbase

just a goddamn joke.

Why am I a Gopher fan and why do we put ourselves through this?

You may be be drunk boy!

As a student, I see basketball players out and about at parties. They act like they're invincible, and generally seem to get way more girls than the other athletes (which is quite a feat). It's pretty well known overall that guys on the basketball team get around. If Reggie did this, he's scum, but I'd like to get more information. He should probably be kicked off the team either way though.

Absolutely nothing should happen to him. Now if there is a guilty verdict, plea, or some other similar item then that might be appropriate. Due Process still exists, no matter what you may have heard to the contrary.

Anticipating the worst (he did it and is gonzo), I am glad it happened five-plus months before the season and not during the season. But wow, what a nightmare team to follow.

We are a laughing stock. No other way to put it. It doesn't matter if this turns out to be true or not. We can't go more than a couple of weeks without an off the court headline.

Indeed. I keep hearing cliches like the revenue generating football and basketball teams are the window into the U. Some window:

image.jpg

I wonder what this does for the fundraising efforts for the new athletic facilities? And to think it was going so well.

Maybe a more pertinent question is when do we put a fork into this raging dumpster fire? What a joke.

Can't make it up...seriously

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If there was EVER an athletic department in need of leadership, it's the University of Minnesota!!! And you know who would be a hell of an AD, Jerry Kill. I'll take Sean Frazier though. Problem is, whoever comes in will need time to build relationships, Kill already did that, could hit the ground running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zach Lofton has never ever been in a police car,who else can say that?All of his temper problems are on the court issues,Coach P took him off his high power meds cold turkey,never smoked and doesn't drink,he's always been academically eligible.Hes not the problem here.

this thread will seem like deja vu. We've had this discussion before. Save your comments. Cause we will have it again.

Welcome to the U, Jordy Tshimanga. I was scouring the remaining high school recruits, JUCO's and grad transfers, and besides Jordy, the pickins are slim for Centers.

Yeah, basketball has always been a problem child for the Gophers even in the Jim Dutcher era. Remember Mitch Lee?

It is fascinating how certain basketball programs like Wisconsin's you don't hear the magnitude of indescretions that plague the Gophers.

How can you fix a program that is lower tier, ergo you get players that others pass on? We get lucky when we get good in state players to stay.

At what point does Pitino resign? There is a pattern of pretty terrible behaviour to women here.

Oh I miss Dan Monson. Shane Schilling's drug abuse seems relatively victimless now.

Gophers basketball MVP is the woman in the Threesome video who has elected to remain quiet.

It's pretty easy to identify basketball players and football players. Football players have their own parties while basketball players go to the frats and house parties.

At what point does Pitino resign? There is a pattern of pretty terrible behaviour to women here.

Oh I miss Dan Monson. Shane Schilling's drug abuse seems relatively victimless now.

Gophers basketball MVP is the woman in the Threesome video who has elected to remain quiet.

Why wouldn't she? Assuming she wasn't raped, the players are just as much victims as she is.

EDIT: Just not going to say anything.

Have no idea what occurred, but it's certainly disappointing that even an allegation like this could be brought against a Gopher player given the incidents with McNeil and Dorsey/McBrayer/Mason. I know Lynch wasn't around for McNeil, but what does it take to scare a kid in to walking a very straight line? I do think it's fair to criticize Pitino to some extent, even though his reactions to poor behavior have been strong. It seems like he's failed to create a culture where kids fear the ramifications for poor behavior, but I don't know that for sure.

I already felt like this year was essentially a ticket to the NCAA's or a ticket to the unemployment line for Coach Pitino, but if he's without Lynch it seems like he's in the Dan Monson category of dead coach walking. The biggest upgrade on the team this year was going to be at the C spot from almost a complete liability to someone who figured to be at worst a league average starter.

Have no idea what occurred, but it's certainly disappointing that even an allegation like this could be brought against a Gopher player given the incidents with McNeil and Dorsey/McBrayer/Mason. I know Lynch wasn't around for McNeil, but what does it take to scare a kid in to walking a very straight line? I do think it's fair to criticize Pitino to some extent, even though his reactions to poor behavior have been strong. It seems like he's failed to create a culture where kids fear the ramifications for poor behavior, but I don't know that for sure.

I already felt like this year was essentially a ticket to the NCAA's or a ticket to the unemployment line for Coach Pitino, but if he's without Lynch it seems like he's in the Dan Monson category of dead coach walking. The biggest upgrade on the team this year was going to be at the C spot from almost a complete liability to someone who figured to be at worst a league average starter.

With a much larger buyout.

With a much larger buyout.

Norwood's legacy on the basketball side could last a decade. Firing Tubby was the correct decision. The program was going nowhere. He hired the wrong coach and extended his contract for no apparent reason, leaving the University with an albatross buyout. I think Pitino could be here for two more seasons before the buyout gets down to a manageable size and his dead man walking status is not going to make him an attractive property for other schools or potential recruits. He's ours for the next seven million dollars.

Norwood's legacy on the basketball side could last a decade. Firing Tubby was the correct decision. The program was going nowhere. He hired the wrong coach and extended his contract for no apparent reason, leaving the University with an albatross buyout. I think Pitino could be here for two more seasons before the buyout gets down to a manageable size and his dead man walking status is not going to make him an attractive property for other schools or potential recruits. He's ours for the next seven million dollars.
If somehow you could buy him out and hire Jim Petersen to a relatively U friendly deal, that's the type of move you make with that albatross.

Yep.

And give it time on the 3-some video. That one is not done. After all- This Is Gopher Basketball.

Was going to renew my tickets tomorrow. May just wait this one out until the end. This was going to be my last year if they weren't much better anyways, now, may just call it an early ticket retirement.

Was going to renew my tickets tomorrow. May just wait this one out until the end. This was going to be my last year if they weren't much better anyways, now, may just call it an early ticket retirement.

My thoughts as well. My renewal is all ready to go, but I'm going to have to talk this one over with my wife. Trying to be supportive. I don't expect all our players to be choir boys, but I do expect them to at minimum be decent human beings.

Will wait this renewal out until the deadline (May 31), see how we feel at that point.

I sure hope this is nothing but false accusations. Please!!

Wow. More Basketball problems. I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom