Reggie Lynch In Jail ... UPDATE: Released without charges

I have a hard time finding any blame in the U police on this one. Obviously, Lynch put himself in a position that likely could have been avoided.

Most on this board enable athlete behavior. It doesn't matter whether they break rules or laws, as long as we win more. Winning is all that matters, even if we cheat and break laws to do so. Anyone who would dare hold athletes accountable for rule and law violations is clearly a garbage person.

Most on this board enable athlete behavior. It doesn't matter whether they break rules or laws, as long as we win more. Winning is all that matters, even if we cheat and break laws to do so. Anyone who would dare hold athletes accountable for rule and law violations is clearly a garbage person.

The police haven't said that he has violated the law, and that is the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What law did he break again?

I don't disagree with your comment, but it's certainly an interesting thread to make it in considering we have absolutely no evidence to suggest he's guilty of anything yet.

Interestingly enough, in a Strib article today, Pitino talked about using a lineup with Curry in the post - if Lynch is not available. Konate has been hurt and missed a lot of time this summer, which doesn't help. And, we got the semi-annual "Gas is getting better" speech. If Lynch can't play, the Gophs are going to be really thin in the post. Small Ball Time.

Interestingly enough, in a Strib article today, Pitino talked about using a lineup with Curry in the post - if Lynch is not available. Konate has been hurt and missed a lot of time this summer, which doesn't help. And, we got the semi-annual "Gas is getting better" speech. If Lynch can't play, the Gophs are going to be really thin in the post. Small Ball Time.

Agreed.

People talk about Pitino's youth and his 'learning on the job'. I think one of the biggest areas has been his learning the lay of the land, as far as recruiting goes. Recruiting to MN is not the same as recruiting to Florida or L'ville. Won't always get the perfect match for your system.

Quick update: I also am hoping to do a little probing tonight. :cool02:

Lynch will not be charged

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Some excerpts from the article:

"Sexual assault charges will not be filed against University of Minnesota basketball player Reggie Lynch, the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office said Monday."

“'We found insufficient evidence to prove that a crime was committed,' spokesman Chuck Laszewski said."

Well now what? Is it possible that the U's investigation finds something the police didn't? Seems unlikely to me and likely that he will be re-instated fully before practice begins. Like another poster stated before, best case for all is that this was a case of false allegations.

The U Police really got this done in 90 days? One of the more shocking U of M upsets in years.

Who sure glad the U didn't overact and cut him lose, when they were plenty on here that wanted them to. This is great news!!

Let's hope it really wasn't a rape. Obviously this isn't Waco and based on what happened to the one football player 10 years ago the police are probably not going to cut Reggie a break or pass it off as boys will be boys. These are really difficult cases and in the current climate even more so.

From a basketball standpoint, I'm not sure he's out of the woods yet. College Title IX offices are not under the same standards as the state when it comes to alleged crimes. I'd wait for word that he's reinstated and/or that there won't be any Title IX investigation.

Great news. Unless he actually did it, in which case, terrible news.

There ought to be some consequence for the female here. Kind of like a yellow card in soccer for flopping. :mad:

There ought to be some consequence for the female here. Kind of like a yellow card in soccer for flopping. :mad:

If there is evidence that she was lying, then absolutely. Them not finding evidence that he raped her isn't equivalent to there being evidence that she's lying though. Rape can be hard to prove sometimes. I sincerely hope Reggie didn't actually rape her.

I'm sure this will make the front page of the Strib tomorrow.

Go Gophers!!

Yes, let's just lock her up and throw away the key, since a lack of evidence to prosecute clearly means she's lying. And then the 30% of women who actually do report their rapes have can that to think about as well. Great plan.

:banghead:

I'm with Sloth. Lay off the girl, she is a victim in this as well. I'm sure she felt she had just cause to bring it up or at least I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. No doubt she is now feeling a little pressure from people around the U and her college experience is forever ruined to a point. It's a big campus, but it's not that big.

Reinstate Reggie though. No charges = no reason to suspend

There ought to be some consequence for the female here. Kind of like a yellow card in soccer for flopping.

This is very different from a false allegation right now.

Love the "consequence" crew coming out after these situations....

Comparably as far as total lives harmed, her "false allegation" is ranking on the lower .00001% in terms of unpunished crimes.

This is why the woman should always be on top. [emoji8]

Top Bottom