Doogie: Unless U is holding out on info, Goetz has not raised $1 for facilities

BleedGopher

Reaction score
In his latest Podcast, Doogie talked quite a bit about the AD search. A few notes:

- The #1 concern for outside candidates isn't the 16-person committee, but rather the fact that Beth Goetz had the authority to hire Ayo Taylor-Dixon as Associate AD. Doogie says candidates feel that hire is one that a full time AD makes. Doogie said that hire sends a signal that this is her job.

- Doogie said that Goetz has "all sorts of support" from Eric Kaler's office and on campus. Eric Kaler is hearing from donors that worry if Beth can be the face of the athletic department. Is she sharp enough to do the interviews, to raise the money.

- Doogie said she's been the interim AD for 9 or 10 months and "as far as I know, unless the University is holding back information, Beth Goetz has not raised $1. Not 1 fundraising dollar.

- The name to watch is Sean Frazier at Northern Illinois. Doogie said he so wants to be an AD in the Big Ten that he's willing to go through the entire circus act.

- Doogie thinks its a two-person race between Beth Goetz and Sean Frazier.

Here is a link to the Podcast:

http://www.1500espn.com/the-scoop-2...lation-gophers-ad-update-wild-coach-and-more/

Go Gophers!!

Interesting. Thanks Bleed.

Another part of the cluster.

Sid chimes in on the Goetz, Frazier two-person race:

• The names one keeps hearing to be the next Gophers athletic director is interim AD Beth Goetz, and if she is not chosen, it’s Northern Illinois AD Sean Frazier, who took his current job in 2013 after being an associate athletic director at Wisconsin. Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez is pushing for Frazier, who also has a big booster in former Gophers football coach Jerry Kill.

http://www.startribune.com/twins-need-dozier-to-keep-on-hitting/378201931/

Go Gophers!!

Give me Frazier over Goetz. Ridiculous she's even in contention if she hasn't been fundraising.

It should be Esten's job if he wants it. Hope the search committee feels the same way.

No offense to Joel Maturi, who I've defended here quite a bit, but we need an AD who understands which sports "row the boat", so to speak. My impression of Esten is he'll have the guts to acknowledge that, yet have the savvy to handle it (behind the scenes) with his coaches from sports not named football or men's basketball (and to a lesser extent men's hockey).

So now we are upset that Beth is struggling to raise money in this situation?

What were our expectations? For her to sell that the administration is in good hands with this sh1t going on? My god, the large donors likely laughed at her attempt to get meetings (I'm assuming an attempt was made) given that she has not gotten public support nor was an interview process even started until recently to suggest she was a leading candidate.

This is just such a ****ed up situation. We will either hire Goetz who may or may not be fit for the job, or get sued for not hiring Goetz given that she didn't show she wasn't fit for the job and she's a female and we live in a ****ed up society that rewards being of a protected class and or mediocre to unconscionable levels.

If you wanted a 16 person panel to make the selection should have done it right away. If you wanted to give Goetz her shot, should have hired her right away under a similar contract we gave Clayes. Why allow her to make hires like a head football coach and an associate AD during her tenure if you didn't plan on hiring her? Why have a 16 person panel this late in the process?

The only thing that makes sense is that they planned on her taking the job and are not satisfied with her performance. But as I alluded to earlier, we've got some legal battles coming if this hire isn't of a protected class based on all the mixed signals we've sent.

This is the definition of set up to fail.

Few people, least of all f'in Doogie, know how much money Beth Goetz has raised. He has zero clue.

Few people, least of all f'in Doogie, know how much money Beth Goetz has raised. He has zero clue.

Right... and you do.

Not in the game of sticking up for Boogie, but this is an easy phone call to one of his sources, like Lou Nanne.

You think Goetz has raised 5mil and wants to keep it quiet as she is trying to get hired as AD?

Right... and you do.

Never said I did.

Not in the game of sticking up for Boogie, but this is an easy phone call to one of his sources, like Lou Nanne.

His "sources" don't know jack. The people who actually do know aren't talking to Doogie.

You think Goetz has raised 5mil and wants to keep it quiet as she is trying to get hired as AD?

Never said that either. Stop putting words in my mouth.

She would be fired if she went around telling people how much money she has raised, so none of you (including me, including Doogie) know the actual answer. It's probably not $5 million, but I also 100% guarantee that it's not $0.

Sounds like Doogie must feel Frazier will be a good source for him and that Doogie may be frustrated that the info pipeline from the Goetz regime isn't as leaky.

Gonna listen to the podcast on my way home from work. When I get done, Fox Sports Radio is on (basically LA or NY radio), so I need something to pass the time.

Love Doogies Scoop Podcast even if it is just a glorified "Rumor Mill" type thing. I actually don't like when he gets guests on the show though. I don't really care that much about interview stuff from a lot of the people he talks with. I just want rumors. I'm a rumor troll...feed me rumors :)

So you have greater knowledge and sources than Doogie? Yet you have never shared anything useful on the board after 13,000+ posts? D'Okay.

Or, as another poster suggested, he's donated $1 or more himself since Goetz has been AD. Meaning he would know for sure she has raised at least $1.

I get Doogies overall point, just a very weird and awkward way to put it.

Now now to be fair what story has Doogie ever broken :)
I would imagine that, based on his stockpile of Krazy glue and duct tape, he has broken quite a few. I have no idea how many he has pieced back together.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

So you have greater knowledge and sources than Doogie? Yet you have never shared anything useful on the board after 13,000+ posts?

D'Okay.

When it comes to University of Minnesota fundraising, I have infinitely more knowledge and "sources" than Doogie.

As for the second half of your post, who are you again?

Maybe we need the ex-AD from Penn State? I'm just saying.....he kept things out of the news.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Doogie where did that money come from? I thought u said Beth hasn't raised a dime yet???

Top Bottom