Mose Hall Transferring

mkAz

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I wish hime well. That leaves us with 0 four/five year players at DT for the classes of 2016, 2015 and 2013. Perhaps some players from those classes will develope into D lineman, time will tell. This staff has struggled, with the exception of the 2014 class, recruiting D lineman. Hopefully this year they land a couple of good ones who stick.

Sawvel is now the DC and is responsible for the entire defense, including recruiting. He has done a great job with the DB's, both in the recruitment and development part of the game. Let's see if he can step it up to include the rest of the defense.

Dt depth takes another hit

Tough to lose a kid with his size but we are ok in the near term. If we don't sign 4-6 D-Linemen this year then we may want to worry.

Our defensive line is horrible and we can't even keep the marginal kids here. What is going on?

Our defensive line is horrible and we can't even keep the marginal kids here. What is going on?

How do you know we wanted to keep him? Seemed like a nice kid but getting switched to oline for spring ball isn't a good sign. We will be fine at d tackle this year, but need about five d tackles over the next 2 years with two being jucos.

I don't like losing him just becaue his name is kinda like Moose, but beyond that I don't know...

I wish Mose well. Didn't he get moved from DL to OL then back to DL? Seems the writing was on the wall. Good Luck Mose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish Mose well. Didn't he get moved from DL to OL then back to DL? Seems the writing was on the wall. Good Luck Mose.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish him well too. Sounds like Claeys met with players individually last week. Maybe that's where he as told that the writing is on the wall. Just a guess. Good luck to Mose.

I hate losing any kid. I won't speculate about why without hearing directly from any of them. With that said, I wish him the best of luck.

Who's our d-line coach? Might need a change..

It is hard to speculate, but when you start losing kids like him in defense with good size something is not adding up. Especially a hard to fill position at DT.

Why can't we find home grown or Midwestern DTs? NDSU seem to have success with MN & Wisc kids. At least make that position attractive for national recruits to start noticing.

We need nastiness and pressure up the middle.

Why didn't the Gophers offer Jamahl Johnson from Prior Lake? I thought he really wanted to be a Gopher. http://247sports.com/Player/Jamahl-Johnson-56651

Academics? Work ethic? A little slow to Claeys' liking? At 6' 1/2" 305 lbs, he is a little bigger than Steve Richardson.

Amir Watts opting for Pitt was a hard breaker. Wasn't he the reason the Gophers changed their mind on Sean Foster? Wasn't Amir tossing Sean around like a rag doll when the Gophers coaches when to watch him in person?
http://247sports.com/Player/Amir-Watts-79736

The Wisconsin game last year was about as bad as it gets on the DL interior. If I recall, the DTs for the majority of the game were Timms, Elmore, Stetler and Justin Carr. Thankfully Stetler looks to have bulked up some.

It is times like this I realize I don't follow the Gophers as closely as I think. This may be the first I have heard of Mose.

Good luck to him.

It is hard to speculate, but when you start losing kids like him in defense with good size something is not adding up. Especially a hard to fill position at DT.

Why can't we find home grown or Midwestern DTs? NDSU seem to have success with MN & Wisc kids. At least make that position attractive for national recruits to start noticing.

Would be nice to get some Boticelli clones into the program.

We need nastiness and pressure up the middle.

Why didn't the Gophers offer Jamahl Johnson from Prior Lake? I thought he really wanted to be a Gopher. http://247sports.com/Player/Jamahl-Johnson-56651

Academics? Work ethic? A little slow to Claeys' liking? At 6' 1/2" 305 lbs, he is a little bigger than Steve Richardson.

Amir Watts opting for Pitt was a hard breaker. Wasn't he the reason the Gophers changed their mind on Sean Foster? Wasn't Amir tossing Sean around like a rag doll when the Gophers coaches when to watch him in person?
http://247sports.com/Player/Amir-Watts-79736

This is a very odd sky is falling comment. We have great DT depth this year and next. mose hall leaving isn't going to be the reason we don't have good DT depth 2-3 years from now. Sometimes you miss on a player. Size isn't everything, not even close.
It adds up perfectly. We're 6 deep at DT, and Mose wasn't one of them. His best hope was to get playing time his 4th and 5th years. He like most kids wants to play. It's perfectly rational and probably best for all involved. Wish Mose luck, this is a non issue.

This is a very odd sky is falling comment. We have great DT depth this year and next. mose hall leaving isn't going to be the reason we don't have good DT depth 2-3 years from now. Sometimes you miss on a player. Size isn't everything, not even close. It adds up perfectly. We're 6 deep at DT, and Mose wasn't one of them. His best hope was to get playing time his 4th and 5th years. He like most kids wants to play. It's perfectly rational and probably best for all involved. Wish Mose luck, this is a non issue.

You're clearly not much of a planner. Where's all that depth in 2 years?

Oh no worries, we'll just have a bunch of new freshmen at DT (maybe mixed in with another juco if we're lucky).

A couple of DT's would be nice this recruiting season.

DT Depth:

Scott Ekpe - SR
Yoshoub Timms - SR
Steven Richardson - JR
Merrick Jackson - JR
Andrew Stelter - JR
Gary Moore - Soph

The WI game was particularly revealing since the WI OL had struggled mightily in their conference games.
Injuries before and during the season and inexperience at all positions because of injuries led to a very lack luster WI OL.

The WI game was particularly revealing since the WI OL had struggled mightily in their conference games.
Injuries before and during the season and inexperience at all positions because of injuries led to a very lack luster WI OL.

yeah...the Gophers defensive line was at it's peak health and experience that game.

smh

You're clearly not much of a planner. Where's all that depth in 2 years?

Oh no worries, we'll just have a bunch of new freshmen at DT (maybe mixed in with another juco if we're lucky).

Do you think that the staff was saying Mose you should leave or do you think that Mose requested transfer for PT? Now if the coaches don't recruit any FR DTs (or a plug in SO JUCO or transfer) for this class, then you may be on to something. Attrition happens.

Here we go JCO again and then put our thumbs in our mouth and ask what happened to our depth when the inevitable injuries occur.
Going the the second and third tier JCO route instead of the freshmen and bulid a program route is recruiting failure.

Here we go JCO again and then put our thumbs in our mouth and ask what happened to our depth when the inevitable injuries occur.
Going the the second and third tier JCO route instead of the freshmen and bulid a program route is recruiting failure.

How do you even see the keyboard or your screen when you look down your nose at everything?

I will look up when the program at least wins the West. Until then I prefer reality.

Your stance on Juco's is so bizarre considering the success this staff has had with the few Juco's they've brought in. Many of these second and third tier Juco's (whatever that means) have been some of our best players.

Your stance on Juco's is so bizarre considering the success this staff has had with the few Juco's they've brought in. Many of these second and third tier Juco's (whatever that means) have been some of our best players.

Agree, bringing in Juco's is fine with me. Don't want to go crazy with it like Kansas State often does. But occasional good ones are a viable strategy.

GiI, have you ever had a puppy? The puppy does bizarre illogical things and you find yourself trying to reason with it. Eventually, you just have to admit "this creature is incapable of any sort of logic". When it comes to olddoc, you need to come to that realization :).

That said, I completely agree with you're saying.

His stance on JuCo's is alarmingly stupid. His last statement was bizarre (he'll keep looking down his nose until they win the west?) Huh?

Top Bottom