Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Mose Hall Transferring

I wish hime well. That leaves us with 0 four/five year players at DT for the classes of 2016, 2015 and 2013. Perhaps some players from those classes will develope into D lineman, time will tell. This staff has struggled, with the exception of the 2014 class, recruiting D lineman. Hopefully this year they land a couple of good ones who stick.

Sawvel is now the DC and is responsible for the entire defense, including recruiting. He has done a great job with the DB's, both in the recruitment and development part of the game. Let's see if he can step it up to include the rest of the defense.

Dt depth takes another hit

Tough to lose a kid with his size but we are ok in the near term. If we don't sign 4-6 D-Linemen this year then we may want to worry.

Our defensive line is horrible and we can't even keep the marginal kids here. What is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparlimb View Post
    Our defensive line is horrible and we can't even keep the marginal kids here. What is going on?
    How do you know we wanted to keep him? Seemed like a nice kid but getting switched to oline for spring ball isn't a good sign. We will be fine at d tackle this year, but need about five d tackles over the next 2 years with two being jucos.

I don't like losing him just becaue his name is kinda like Moose, but beyond that I don't know...

Default Mose Hall Transferring

I wish Mose well. Didn't he get moved from DL to OL then back to DL? Seems the writing was on the wall. Good Luck Mose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    I wish Mose well. Didn't he get moved from DL to OL then back to DL? Seems the writing was on the wall. Good Luck Mose.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wish him well too. Sounds like Claeys met with players individually last week. Maybe that's where he as told that the writing is on the wall. Just a guess. Good luck to Mose.

I hate losing any kid. I won't speculate about why without hearing directly from any of them. With that said, I wish him the best of luck.

Who's our d-line coach? Might need a change..
    Minnesota, to the pit of misery!!!!!!!! #DILLYDILLY

Default I think the standard line is ....

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher028 View Post
    Who's our d-line coach? Might need a change..
    here, let me Google that for you...ha
    http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...ps_jeff00.html

Jeff Phelps appears to have done pretty well historically?

Blog Entries

It is hard to speculate, but when you start losing kids like him in defense with good size something is not adding up. Especially a hard to fill position at DT.

Why can't we find home grown or Midwestern DTs? NDSU seem to have success with MN & Wisc kids. At least make that position attractive for national recruits to start noticing.

We need nastiness and pressure up the middle.

Why didn't the Gophers offer Jamahl Johnson from Prior Lake? I thought he really wanted to be a Gopher. http://247sports.com/Player/Jamahl-Johnson-56651

Academics? Work ethic? A little slow to Claeys' liking? At 6' 1/2" 305 lbs, he is a little bigger than Steve Richardson.

Amir Watts opting for Pitt was a hard breaker. Wasn't he the reason the Gophers changed their mind on Sean Foster? Wasn't Amir tossing Sean around like a rag doll when the Gophers coaches when to watch him in person?
    http://247sports.com/Player/Amir-Watts-79736
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

The Wisconsin game last year was about as bad as it gets on the DL interior. If I recall, the DTs for the majority of the game were Timms, Elmore, Stetler and Justin Carr. Thankfully Stetler looks to have bulked up some.