Athlon: Top 25 Big Ten 2017 NFL Draft Prospects to Watch (Jonah Pirsig, OT, Minn)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon:

Jonah Pirsig, OT, Minnesota (Sr., 6-9, 316)

The mammoth offensive tackle brings plenty of size to Minnesota’s offensive line, and a productive year should keep him in the running to be among the first tackles off the board in 2017. The redshirt senior brings experience to the line, which should lead to a promising fall.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/top-25-big-ten-2017-nfl-draft-prospects-watch

Go Gophers!!

For next year I like Pirsig, Travis and Myrick chances at getting drafted. If Mitch has a good year he will have a chance as well

I hope Pirsig can stay healthy and dominate this year. Agree with you bemidji, if Mitch has an entire season like he finished last season he'll have a good chance of getting drafted.

This should be extra motivation (if he even needed it) for him to have a great year.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Pirsig is one of those guys that on size alone has a great shot of getting drafted. How high will depend on how well he plays. Assuming Travis is healthy and back to playing like he was before the injury I like his chances of getting picked, Myrick has the physical tools but needs to have a great year to be a draft pick. Mitch will be the interesting one to watch, it doesn't look like a deep QB class so maybe he can sneak into the later rounds. I will be shocked if he is able to make it in the NFL but stranger things have happened I guess.

Assuming Travis is healthy and back to playing like he was before the injury I like his chances of getting picked

I was watching him a bunch during some open practices and at a camp the players ran for kids. He looked like a linebacker, but didn't appear to lose any speed. I'm expecting a monster year from him.

I was watching him a bunch during some open practices and at a camp the players ran for kids. He looked like a linebacker, but didn't appear to lose any speed. I'm expecting a monster year from him.

With Murray and BBC gone we may need him to have a monster year.

For next year I like Pirsig, Travis and Myrick chances at getting drafted. If Mitch has a good year he will have a chance as well
It's hard for Gopher fans to believe (present company included), but Mitch probably has the best chance of being drafted, and at the highest spot.

I think Pirsig is equally in good shape. The rest all could have a chance with good senior seasons, but there's not much buzz yet. Of course, Myrick and Travis have yet to even start a full season, so they'll have ample opportunity to prove themselves next year.

I'd add Lynn as well. Good size, good athlete, reasonably productive... should get him drafted somewhere.

I'd add Lynn as well. Good size, good athlete, reasonably productive... should get him drafted somewhere.

Lynn would need a breakout senior season to get drafted. A lot will also depend on how deep the LB group is next year for the NFL. The depth at CB worked against BBC in this year's draft and on paper the lack of depth at QB for next year will help Mitch potentially get drafted. I see Mitch ending up in a similar boat to Stave though, he just doesn't have an NFL arm but he is probably good enough for someone to sign in order to at least take a look at him.

Top Bottom