PiPress: Chris Streveler to transfer to South Dakota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Former Gophers quarterback Chris Streveler has picked South Dakota as his transfer destination, he told the Pioneer Press on Friday.

Streveler picked the Football Championship Subdivision school because he can play right away this fall, and the Coyotes were one of the few schools to offer him a spot at quarterback for his two years of remaining eligibility.

“It happened faster than I thought, and it felt right after my visit (last) weekend,” Streveler said. “I’m excited in the direction they are headed and decided to pull the trigger.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/04/29/gophers-football-chris-streveler-to-transfer-to-south-dakota/

Go Gophers!!

Hopefully, it's a better fit for him. It'll be interesting to see how he does. I wish him well.

Go 'yotes! (Gopher fan 1st, but USD is my alma mater) He'll love it in Vermilion. Great dome to play in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Found it. Didn't seem to spark must interest around here at the time did it? ;) Don't see all the posts from people who just knew he'd turn out to be an above average QB either.

Hope he continues to prosper.

Found it. Didn't seem to spark must interest around here at the time did it? ;) Don't see all the posts from people who just knew he'd turn out to be an above average QB either.

Hope he continues to prosper.

Looks like you had some free time this weekend :p

Looks like you had some free time this weekend :p

Yep. First Saturday night in awhile that we didn't go anywhere. Looked for this stuff while sitting on the deck and enjoying a perfect Summer evening.

Pretty sure that Reusse, Shama, Shipley or the "I told you so!" crowd wouldn't being doing any research themselves. :cool:

Did you find the threads about ML7 getting drafted? :rolleyes:

It’s probably more embarrassing for the coaches and fans that thought he couldn’t throw than it is for the silent masses trusting the coach’s expertise/not rioting in the streets when he left.

Did you find the one’s about ML7 getting drafted? :rolleyes:

It’s probably more embarrassing for the coaches and fans that thought he couldn’t throw than it is for the silent masses trusting the coach’s expertise/not rioting in the streets when he left.

They were all pretty silent about it when it happened.

Should be as embarrassing for the fans who, over left the last few weeks, have been telling people how upset they were when Streveler left.

Maybe someone will write another column or post a couple more threads on it...

They were all pretty silent about it when it happened.

Should be as embarrassing for the fans who, over left the last few weeks, have been telling people how upset they were when Streveler left.

Maybe someone will write another column or post a couple more threads on it...

I don’t remember anyone saying they were upset at that time, but I’ll take your word for it. I recall being disappointed but I wasn’t attacking a bottle or anything. Mitch seemed like he had made some strides at the time so there was that. Always something new to look forward to.

Chris’s career arc is a really good sports story, sure, particularly if he gets a shot as a full-time starter sometime down the road which appears more likely than not to happen at some point. Definitely another what could have been for Gopher fans. Oh well. Ancient history.

Top Bottom