Lee Hutton wants the AD job (link)

She is INTERIM AD by default. Nobody would be taking her job

Lots of talk about qualifications, experience, etc, etc,etc. Little about the intangibles, and fit with your team. These are things that can only be felt out in lengthy interview processes. Many people are "qualified" for position X, but people are hired and fired and passed over and promoted for the intangibles.

I get the feeling NFL teams put more time into vetting Connor Cook than Kaler will into his next AD. Lots of,cooks in the kitchen. A search firm, 16 member committee. Will there be a chimney and smoke signals?

The smoke better be gold. Not the vanilla white, or heaven forbid...anthracite!

She is INTERIM AD by default. Nobody would be taking her job

except the next Athletic director. If I were in Beth spot I wouldn't stick around to work under the person's whose job I did for nearly a year. Any sane person who wants to make something of themselves would tell their replacement and former boss to pound sand in that scenario

Because many of us feel the U could use someone with real business experience to take the Dept to a new level, rather than someone with simply more "administrative experience," ie a bureaucrat. The U already has too many bureaucrats.

So someone with business experience is good for an athletic director (for some reason), but someone with experience in the field is merely a "bureaucrat"? And their business experience is inherently great, while actual experience in actually leading an athletic department is just "administrative experience"? Got it.

The whole thing is just mind-blowing to me. It'd be like posting a job opening for an MD and really hoping that only attorneys apply, because MDs aren't qualified to be MDs.

So someone with business experience is good for an athletic director (for some reason), but someone with experience in the field is merely a "bureaucrat"? And their business experience is inherently great, while actual experience in actually leading an athletic department is just "administrative experience"? Got it.

The whole thing is just mind-blowing to me. It'd be like posting a job opening for an MD and really hoping that only attorneys apply, because MDs aren't qualified to be MDs.

Also don't forget all the other wonderful facts:

Beth Goetz is terrible because she is interim AD while some of our teams sucked.

The entire department is terrible, cuz the president of the university is taking longer than they'd like.

All the other stuff folks are really sure about that they don't know....

Top Bottom