What not to do just before the NFL draft

hungan1

Reaction score
[video]http://deadspin.com/laremy-tunsil-s-account-tweets-out-gas-mask-smoking-vid-1773721598[/video]

:cool02:

[video]http://deadspin.com/laremy-tunsil-s-account-tweets-out-gas-mask-smoking-vid-1773721598[/video]

Johnny Football calling Tunsil to hang out in 3, 2, 1...

Go Gophers!!

Unreal:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Looks like Tunsil had his phone stolen at MOA too. Isn't that how these things happen?

It is publicly embarrassing but don't NFL teams do massive amounts of background work on high picks? They must have known about the video already. Anyone who shied away from picking him because the video was released is an idiot. More likely he was going to drop because the people who rate the draft (Mel Kiper etc.) do not have access to the same level of information the teams do and in fact is only guessing.

Have to spend all that cash on something.

Yup, he is a real gentleman and a scholar just like Johnny Manziel.

How much did these stunts cost him, at least $5 mil?

Yup, he is a real gentleman and a scholar just like Johnny Manziel.

How much did these stunts cost him, at least $5 mil?

Per CNN: "The difference in pay between the No. 3 pick and No. 13 pick was $12.11 million in salary and another $8.75 million in signing bonus, according to an NFL chart showing salary and bonus amounts for players chosen in the 2015 draft."

There's speculation that it may have been his stepfather who posted the videos. Those two had pressed assault charges against each other last year. It also may have been a financial advisor that Tunsil fired.

In the big picture smoking weed and taking cash don't make him a bad guy or bad pick. Also, if he'd been hitting a joint it wouldn't have been as bad, but visually the gas mask is a little shocking.

What scares me bout Tunsil is his knack for getting caught at the most inopportune times. 35 other #1 picks (presumably, maybe not Wentz?) smoked weed in college but didn't film it or have it surface on twitter right before the draft. Half the SEC is getting paid, but they didn't admit it live at a press conference. Plus he's being accused of assaulting his brother-in-law or something, which some are calling blackmail, but either way it's not something you want around your team. He's a Hall-Of-Fame type talent, but are his track record for getting caught, his new found millions and South Beach a good mix?

Pot the great unifier! A White hand lighting the bong for a Black man, sitting in front of the rebel flag together. One love.

Yup, he is a real gentleman and a scholar just like Johnny Manziel. How much did these stunts cost him, at least $5 mil?

Lol if smoking weed makes someone Manziel it's amazing 90% of the league isn't out of it somehow. Don't underestimate what percentage of guys smoke marijuana. That doesn't make them like ole women beating, partying, cocaine using, Manziel.

It is publicly embarrassing but don't NFL teams do massive amounts of background work on high picks? They must have known about the video already. Anyone who shied away from picking him because the video was released is an idiot. More likely he was going to drop because the people who rate the draft (Mel Kiper etc.) do not have access to the same level of information the teams do and in fact is only guessing.

The Dolphins did say they knew about the video weeks ago and weren't worried.

In the big picture smoking weed and taking cash don't make him a bad guy or bad pick. Also, if he'd been hitting a joint it wouldn't have been as bad, but visually the gas mask is a little shocking.

What scares me bout Tunsil is his knack for getting caught at the most inopportune times. 35 other #1 picks (presumably, maybe not Wentz?) smoked weed in college but didn't film it or have it surface on twitter right before the draft. Half the SEC is getting paid, but they didn't admit it live at a press conference. Plus he's being accused of assaulting his brother-in-law or something, which some are calling blackmail, but either way it's not something you want around your team. He's a Hall-Of-Fame type talent, but are his track record for getting caught, his new found millions and South Beach a good mix?

Couldn't help but think of Bryant McKinnie when considering Tunsil's situation over the past couple days. Another very talented offensive lineman whose decision making ended up undercutting a career that seemingly could have been so much more fulfilling (I know McKinnie reaped millions upon millions of dollars, but in sense of underachievement, he ranks very high on my list of Vikings). I hope for Tunsil's sake that he can right his ship and avoid the dramatics which could drag his career down.

I don't see why this is such a big issue. The kid came clean when you probably can't even really tell its him in the picture. He owned up to it, said he made a mistake. I'd put money on about half the NFL smoking marijuana each year if not more. It's completely legal in multiple states and soon (what's taking so long) to be legal everywhere. Probably better for treating their pain/soreness after games than most prescription pain killers (and by better I don't necessarily mean more effective).

I don't see why this is such a big issue. The kid came clean when you probably can't even really tell its him in the picture. He owned up to it, said he made a mistake. I'd put money on about half the NFL smoking marijuana each year if not more. It's completely legal in multiple states and soon (what's taking so long) to be legal everywhere. Probably better for treating their pain/soreness after games than most prescription pain killers (and by better I don't necessarily mean more effective).

Ding, ding, ding. Fully agree.

I also find it funny people blasting him for taking money from coaches to pay his mom's light bill. Meanwhile, the coaches are saintly folks and Ole Miss somehow all of a sudden got multiple first round draft picks. Hm.

Top Bottom