STrib: Nine names rise to top of Gophers AD search

Don't disagree with any of that obviously, alluded to them myself. Just didn't like the on camera lecture, even more than I dislike M.M. Sid shouldn't be on the show at all. He offers little insight and as you say, makes the show tough to watch.

That's all on Max too. He's (one of?) the producer of the show, he should fire Sid. Wonder if he has the balls for that?

Oh, and what did you think of Lou's comments on the A.D. search?

I thought Lou was quite 'guarded' with his comments.....as he should be. Thought he was a little frustrated with the process, in particular the size of committee, but definitely more positive about it than Sid's doom and gloom attitude.

Sid whole mantra now is 'I know more than you do'.

Sid's hearing is horrible, but he often pretends to hear and then 'guesses' at what is said. Makes him sound senile instead of deaf. My late mother used to do that....drove me nuts. You should have seen her fake a hearing test. Uffda....

Someone needs to start a JKAA group (Jerry Kill Addicts Anonymous) where all the Kill lovers can profess their undying support for Jerry Kill on a weekly basis. Apparently our Knut Rockne retired in the middle of last season.

I heard Jerry touched one of the coaches attending one of the events Jerry talks at and that coach got a 5* recruit the next day....

They should hire a defense attorney as AD. Save some money with the basketball team.

Which is why Kill's replacement had to can Limegrover.

You're right, playing in a New Years Day Bowl game for the first time in over 50 years, beating MI and IA in same season first time since 1967, beating Nebraska at Nebraska for first time in over 50 years, 4 consecutive BT wins for first time in 40 years, having 4 players selected in first 150 picks of NFL draft for the first time in Gopher football history, setting academic achievement records 3 straight years as well as the multi year record, initiating and spear heading a $150 million dollar athletic facilities upgrade, and raising most of the funds to get it approved. Too bad it took him 4 and a half years to do that at one of the ****tiest football programs in the Big Ten. You're right, by Minnesota standards he was mediocre, it was all those guys the previous 45 years that really elevated the program.

per Joe:

None of the 14 sources could confirm whether there were more than nine people in an advanced stage of the search process, but based on those interviews here is an alphabetical list of candidates who have been contacted and screened for the job by Turnkey:

Phil Esten, Penn State deputy AD
Sean Frazier, Northern Illinois AD
Beth Goetz, Gophers interim AD
David Gutzke, U.S. Bank senior VP
Pete Najarian, CNBC stock analyst
Bill Robertson, WCHA commissioner
Bob Stein, Minneapolis attorney
Gene Taylor, Iowa deputy AD
Craig Thompson, Mountain West commissioner

http://www.startribune.com/nine-names-rise-to-top-of-gophers-ad-search/377478231/

Go Gophers!!

Nice ball fake by the search committee.

having 4 players selected in first 150 picks of NFL draft for the first time in Gopher football history

Not even remotely true.

Number of Gophers drafted in first 150 picks
1936: 6
1938: 4
1939: 5
1942: 8
1943: 5
1944: 10
1950: 7

Top Bottom