Sid: There is a group in town pushing to name Glen Mason as Gophers AD

Wisconsin football and basketball were both highly successful and well oiled machines that the time. He just had to keep things running. Big difference between that and the current state of Gopher athletics.

I agree with you. I was just stating that, unlike Mason, Alvarez went to Straight to being an AD. Come to think of it, I think that the first year as AD was his last year as head football coach.

The more important question is, if we reanimate Bernie Bierman what kind of contract is he going to want?

...Glen ticked off virtually every high school coach in the state, was incredibly abrasive to the media and started mailing it in three years before he was canned. That's what we want for an AD??? ...
+10000
Also don't compare GM to BA. BA took the skunks and made them a formable program before moving on to the AD position and they have maintained their status. GM started mailing it in, pissed people of, looked for other HC jobs, got fired, and left our program in a mess. Don't confuse the terrible job that TB did as a way to boost up GM. How anyone can look at him as a legitimate candidate is hard to comprehend.

+10000
Also don't compare GM to BA. BA took the skunks and made them a formable program before moving on to the AD position and they have maintained their status. GM started mailing it in, pissed people of, looked for other HC jobs, got fired, and left our program in a mess. Don't confuse the terrible job that TB did as a way to boost up GM. How anyone can look at him as a legitimate candidate is hard to comprehend.

Mason himself would probably agree with you since I am almost certain his interest level in the job is probably somewhere around 0.0001%. On the flip side of that I do think he could do the job I just don't believe for one minute that he would have any interest in working that hard at this point in his career. Mason now, is very different then the Mason that was fired at the end of his run here. The guy that was fired at the U was a guy who had realized he was never going to get his dream job of working at Ohio State so he started going through the motions and phoning it in over the last few years he was here.

Top Bottom