Tim Brewster stories courtesy of Tony Scheffler

That was strangely hilarious.

Brewster and David Kahn are the two biggest clowns in Minnesota sports over the last 10 years.

wtf am i listening to. These guys both lose their man cards because they wasted my time listening to this whole ****.

What a nut. But I suppose he was asked to do it so he did it.

Brewster and David Kahn are the two biggest clowns in Minnesota sports over the last 10 years.

And Minnesota was cursed to have two years of their disastrous tenures overlap. Hard to believe that much ineptitude could happen at once.

A complete dumbass. An all time low for Goph football leadership. Wacker could not coach D to save his ass, but he was at least a good person.
I thought it was a strangely stupid conversation, but maybe I just have no sense of humor about Wacker.

A complete dumbass. An all time low for Goph football leadership. Wacker could not coach D to save his ass, but he was at least a good person.
I thought it was a strangely stupid conversation, but maybe I just have no sense of humor about Wacker.

Not sure how being a bad head football coach correlates to being a bad person? Not sure where this narrative that Brew is the scum of the earth comes from

Not sure how being a bad head football coach correlates to being a bad person? Not sure where this narrative that Brew is the scum of the earth comes from

Let's just say that he and Norwood would have gotten along great with each other.

Let's just say that he and Norwood would have gotten along great with each other.

Norwood liked to drink a lot and hook up with women. Safe to say many folks would have gotten along great with him. Doesn't make them bad.

I am a bit torn about Brew. On one hand things went bad and bad things happened but on the other hand he came here and did his best he could and put himself out there. Too bad so sad. The guy may or may not be a dingbat but in ye olden times hazing was part and parcel of making sure you were committed to something.

Norwood liked to drink a lot and hook up with women. Safe to say many folks would have gotten along great with him. Doesn't make them bad.

When you're married though that type of behavior is typically frowned upon.

Though it does make them Head Coaching prospects for the Badgers.

Sounds like you are the one inferring.

First he says "Lets just say that he and Norwood would have gotten along well with each other", and then he says "When you're married though that type of behavior is typically frowned upon".

Okay, "implying", not "inferring".

Tony Scheffler shared some funny/crazy Brewster stories on a podcast today.
Interview starts at 18:40. Brewster talk starts at 23:00, ends at 27:00. Also there was a little Prince/Minnesota talk at the beginning.
http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=865&pid=1644884

Would anyone mind sharing a few of these stories in the podcast? I'm not sure if it's just me, but it's not letting me fast forward, and as much as I love a good Brew story, I'm not wasting 23 minutes to do so!

Top level summary - when he went for his pre-draft visit Brew was calling him a pussy, etc. Had dinner at a table alone with Brew while others were at the big boy table with the head coach. When they got back to the facility after dinner they had to cross a field to get to the offices (or something like that). I think Brew tackled him on the way back. Basically just being a tool.

Top level summary - when he went for his pre-draft visit Brew was calling him a pussy, etc. Had dinner at a table alone with Brew while others were at the big boy table with the head coach. When they got back to the facility after dinner they had to cross a field to get to the offices (or something like that). I think Brew tackled him on the way back. Basically just being a tool.

Thank you - that's not nearly as bad/funny as I thought it would be!

Would anyone mind sharing a few of these stories in the podcast? I'm not sure if it's just me, but it's not letting me fast forward, and as much as I love a good Brew story, I'm not wasting 23 minutes to do so!

Also he said that during his rookie year Brewster spit chewing tobacco in his eye. He also got cussed out after his first career td by Brew for not running the route the way Brew him wanted.

Thank you - that's not nearly as bad/funny as I thought it would be!

There was also the harassing the guy his entire rookie year. Spitting chew in his eye, screaming at him for running the wrong route after his first NFL TD. The interviewer thought it was great and that Brew was acting "like a real football guy".

It should be noted that the Pardon My Take podcast is a different brand of podcast. Lot's of running jokes that aren't understood if you don't listen often. One of the the interviewers is PFT Commenter who is quite literally a person playing a character.

The interviewer thought it was great and that Brew was acting "like a real football guy".

They have a running joke about "football guys". They describe them as guys who do the same things as Brew did. Basically crazy over the top football coaches.

A certain baseball coach at the University can confirm

So you're inferring that Tim Brewster cheats or cheated on his wife while he was here?

Yep, cat sitters and baseball coaches can confirm.

Also he said that during his rookie year Brewster spit chewing tobacco in his eye. He also got cussed out after his first career td by Brew for not running the route the way Brew him wanted.

There was also the harassing the guy his entire rookie year. Spitting chew in his eye, screaming at him for running the wrong route after his first NFL TD. The interviewer thought it was great and that Brew was acting "like a real football guy".

Now that's gross and rude.

Top Bottom