Let's Go Crazy for End of 3rd Qrt Song? For Prince. RIP.

Damn! My reading comprehension sucks!

I'd love to see harder rock songs used more for the entrance music. As I am an old rock and roll type. Unfortunately their is no "Back in Maroon and Gold" song out there!

Prince is from Minnesota and his songs are more suited to sporting events than Bob Dylan's or the Jets. Are there any Minnesota bands out there that are relevant right now?

How about 'Fireflies' from Own City? That would really get them going.

Or maybe 'Black Muse' from Prince's recent HITNRUN PHASETWO release? Nice bass line...good groove.

Boy can't wait for the season to get here so we have real topics to discuss!

How about 'Fireflies' from Own City? That would really get them going.

You...ah...uhm...you're kidding, right? I mean about getting a crowd going. Nothing wrong with the song, but not the right application.

In case anyone is looking for it, actually look for "Owl City".

Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald?

You...ah...uhm...you're kidding, right? I mean about getting a crowd going. Nothing wrong with the song, but not the right application.

In case anyone is looking for it, actually look for "Owl City".

Let's hope no one is looking for Owl City. (Owatonna's pride and joy) If they went with that song, I would think the only option would be to pressure the administration to drop football, like Eastern Michigan!

Maybe he's thinking of Yanni?

What crappy metal band was Yanni in when he lived here? They did an appearance in my home town and I got to meet them because one of my neighbor friends won a free album. I didn't understand my neighbor had won the album so I asked for one too and they told me I had to pay for it. I said, "why would I pay for one when he got it for free?"

What crappy metal band was Yanni in when he lived here? They did an appearance in my home town and I got to meet them because one of my neighbor friends won a free album. I didn't understand my neighbor had won the album so I asked for one too and they told me I had to pay for it. I said, "why would I pay for one when he got it for free?"

Yanni was in Chameleon. Had a minor hit- "Stranded" I recall.

Yeah, this makes total sense. Cater to the blue hairs who give the most money and as others have suggested, let's make this a Minnesota only thing! Maybe 'Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company C' by Andrews Sisters would keep the non-student philanthropists happy (when they are awake). Maybe when Dylan dies we can change it to 'Like a Rolling Stone' for those currently in their 60's and 70's. Might keep them from yelling at those Gangster-music listening students to "Sit Down!"

While those of us in our late 40's and 50's may really connect with Prince, I just don't see the stadium all moving and singing in unison to 'Let's Go Crazy' the way that 'Let Me Clear My Throat' currently does. I say leave it as it is and tailor it to the kids, not the donors.

Regardless, if we wanted a Prince song for the 3rd quarter, the obvious choice to get the place electrified is D.M.S.R. Unfortunately that one would never make it past the censors!

Funny, the student section seems to be able get up and to sing along to Neil Diamond, Journey, Aerosmith, Heart quite well. Actually liked when it was a text poll...although the choices weren't always the best.

I'm old school for sure so I'd go for something like Led Zep's Communication Breakdown (yeah, doesn't fit but the guitar riff to start is top ten), or Doors Break on Through (maybe The End for blow outs). A bit tongue in cheek here guys, so don't flip out...

Yanni was in Chameleon. Had a minor hit- "Stranded" I recall.

I remember Chameleon played at the Albert Lea HS auditorium when that song came out. The local top 40 station played it often for about two months. I don't remember them being a metal band or even hard rock for that matter.

Let's Go Crazy at the start of the 4th is perfect. It's Minnesota. Who reads this board that can look into suggesting this to somebody that controls that Gopher Football playlist???

Be great to mix in a few Prince songs during the mix, but should largely remain as it has for the last couple years. The mix of songs is what makes it fun.

Be great to mix in a few Prince songs during the mix, but should largely remain as it has for the last couple years. The mix of songs is what makes it fun.

Yeah minor changes only. The fun is in the tradition (granted not a long one).

Top Bottom