Canadian HS basketball star is 30, not 17 as he led people to believe

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Windsor Star:

Canadian border officers have arrested an African man, believed to be 30 years old, who spent the last six months attending Catholic Central High School while posing as a teenager.

Jonathon Nicola, who became a well-known high school basketball player, was being kept Wednesday at the South West Detention Centre.

The Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board is keeping tight-lipped about the situation.

“There’s really not a whole lot to say,” said spokesman Stephen Fields. “Because of the fact this is a matter that’s still outstanding before the federal authorities, obviously we can’t really comment on it. Beyond that there’s not a whole lot to say.”

Nicola, at six-foot-nine and 202 pounds with a shoe size of 16, had been attending Catholic Central as a 17-year-old Grade 11 student. He was also a star on the Catholic Central Comets senior boys’ basketball team.

He was even living with Comets head coach Pete Cusumano through a program called Canada Homestay, which finds homes for foreign students.

windsor-ontario-january-5-2016-catholic-central-comets.jpeg

http://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...o-was-attending-windsor-high-school-as-a-teen

Go Gophers!!

per Windsor Star:

Canadian border officers have arrested an African man, believed to be 30 years old, who spent the last six months attending Catholic Central High School while posing as a teenager.

Jonathon Nicola, who became a well-known high school basketball player, was being kept Wednesday at the South West Detention Centre.

The Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board is keeping tight-lipped about the situation.

“There’s really not a whole lot to say,” said spokesman Stephen Fields. “Because of the fact this is a matter that’s still outstanding before the federal authorities, obviously we can’t really comment on it. Beyond that there’s not a whole lot to say.”

Nicola, at six-foot-nine and 202 pounds with a shoe size of 16, had been attending Catholic Central as a 17-year-old Grade 11 student. He was also a star on the Catholic Central Comets senior boys’ basketball team.

He was even living with Comets head coach Pete Cusumano through a program called Canada Homestay, which finds homes for foreign students.

windsor-ontario-january-5-2016-catholic-central-comets.jpeg

http://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...o-was-attending-windsor-high-school-as-a-teen

Go Gophers!!

What many people fail to realize is that within African cultures the passage of time is often based on the occurrence of annual events and not just an arbitrary reference to a particular day on a Julian calendar. It may be that Jonathon Nicola is from a region such as the Serengeti in Tanzania where the annual rains dictate a new season/year.
My guess is that in his time on earth, there may have been a dozen or more droughts which would account for this age discrepancy. I'm sure both coach Cusumano and Canada Homestay were completely unaware of any anomaly. I've heard only Good things about Canada Homestay and what a wonderful job they do finding accommodations for large foreign students.

Maybe he was just doing his best Cameron Crowe imitation.

Wonder if he was a ladies man...? Can 30 year olds date 16 year old girls in Canada?

He does look much younger than Perry Ellis.

He looks about Miguel Sano's age.

At what point do we learn that Greg Oden was 47 years old while at Ohio state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What many people fail to realize is that within African cultures the passage of time is often based on the occurrence of annual events and not just an arbitrary reference to a particular day on a Julian calendar. It may be that Jonathon Nicola is from a region such as the Serengeti in Tanzania where the annual rains dictate a new season/year.
My guess is that in his time on earth, there may have been a dozen or more droughts which would account for this age discrepancy. I'm sure both coach Cusumano and Canada Homestay were completely unaware of any anomaly. I've heard only Good things about Canada Homestay and what a wonderful job they do finding accommodations for large foreign students.

Or he was just some a-hole predatory offender trying to get teenage booty. Now, let's apply Occam's razor.

At what point do we learn that Greg Oden was 47 years old while at Ohio state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn you beat me to it saw this post and immediately thought of Oden. Funny

Top Bottom