Bucky's Nigel Hayes Declares for NBA Draft, Doesn't Hire Agent

LOL he's not NBA caliber
Probably could sell himself as a lesser rebounding Draymond Green where he can guard and play multiple positions. Very valuable in today's NBA especially if Golden State wins another NBA championship with a 6'8" player playing the bulk of their minutes at the 5 spot in a championship series.

How many Draymond Green's can there be?

First people want to compare Denzel Valentine to him (gee I wonder why...so idiotic)

Now it's Hayes.

Every combo-tweener forward is thanking the heavens for Draymond Green. He's given them all, hope. Little do they know, its all false.

On the topic of guys leaving for the NBA, anyone remember Wade Baldwin, that 3-star guard we were after back in Pitino's first year, who committed to Vanderbilt? Apparently he's declaring for the draft after his sophomore year and is projected to go in the middle of the first round.

How many Draymond Green's can there be?

First people want to compare Denzel Valentine to him (gee I wonder why...so idiotic)

Now it's Hayes.

Every combo-tweener forward is thanking the heavens for Draymond Green. He's given them all, hope. Little do they know, its all false.

Yep, same thing happened after Barkley hit the NBA. Problem is, Green was a much, much better college player. Hayes had one of the worst tournament performances I have seen from a "go-to" guy looking to make the jump to the NBA.

For comparison's sake, I looked up Hayes and Green. From just a shooting % standpoint, Hayes was a nose above Green as a sophomore. Hayes shot nearly as well but actual shot 3s, which Green did not. Usage wasn't far off between the 2. Both had dropoffs as juniors with expanded roles...Green dropped to 42% and Hayes dropped to 36%. Green had some slightly better peripheral stats.

Anyways...just for comprison's sake. Give me Green any day of the week from the eye test anyways, but I guess it wouldn't be impossible for Hayes to get back to being Green-lite, I guess. Of course I hope he goes now and weakens Becky.

The fallacy I think is people assuming the jump that these guys make. Draymond made a jump after college that most guys like Hayes won't make. It wouldn't shock me to see Hayes get his shot back and be almost as good as Green was as a senior. The difference is Green made a jump after to become a good NBA 3 point shooter among other things. Most guys in this Hayes group won't do that. It's not a likely rise.

@JimPolzinWSJ
#Badgers forward Nigel Hayes has been invited to the NBA draft combine, per his mother @TALAYADAVIS.

He will be back to play with the Badgers.

Top Bottom