Doogie: Lucia and Goetz have not met yet to discuss contract situation

BleedGopher

Reaction score
On his weekly Podcast, Doogie said that following the conclusion of the season, Lucia and Goetz have not yet met to discuss the contract situation. Doogie has said on a few occasions that he does not expect Lucia to be willing to coach next year with one year left on his deal.

I am not sure why these two haven't found time to sit down and talk as the season has been done for a few weeks. It would seem like a level of urgency would be present.

Go Gophers!!

On his weekly Podcast, Doogie said that following the conclusion of the season, Lucia and Goetz have not yet met to discuss the contract situation. Doogie has said on a few occasions that he does not expect Lucia to be willing to coach next year with one year left on his deal.

I am not sure why these two haven't found time to sit down and talk as the season has been done for a few weeks. It would seem like a level of urgency would be present.

Go Gophers!!
Perhaps Beth is waiting to see if she will be hired as AD, that would be my guess, than either her or the new AD could make a call. In bball or football a deal would be done, but gopher hockey sells itself in recruiting, most kids who go to the U would go regardless of the coach, so in this case I don't thing the urgency is really there. If Lucia walked Guentzel would either coach for a year or they might bring someone like Todd Richards since he's not doing anything

Like we said before, Lucia's under contract for another year. He ain't leaving (despite some being hopeful). Wait for the AD decision then start the negotiations. No need for a half ass, gotta get something done, contract!! And I sure hope there no need to protect a new AD from the fire like Scoggins implied a few weeks back.

Top Bottom