MN Daily: Fasching returns to finish out degree

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

Hudson Fasching had a good reason to miss three weeks of school.

The Gophers forward turned professional two days after his junior season ended and joined the Buffalo Sabres. He temporarily missed classes while playing seven games in the NHL, but he stayed on track to graduate early from the Carlson School of Management.

Fasching said he spent nights before games reviewing PowerPoint presentations and writing one-page case studies on different businesses in his hotel room.

“That was really difficult, especially [since] we were on the road for five days, and I’ve got to write a paper,” Fasching said. “There’s a lot of different things going on so … at that point, it was focus on this, focus on [that].”

He came back to campus one NHL goal and assist later to finish his degree by May.

Senior lecturer Julia Van Etten, Fasching’s marketing research professor, has dealt with situations like Fasching’s before.

Adam Wilcox was in her class when he left the Gophers to turn professional last year, and she’s also taught men’s hockey players Kyle Rau, Justin Holl, Connor Reilly and Ryan Reilly.

“Hudson was very quiet … very polite, always in class. Occasionally, he will contribute, and he’s always spot on,” Van Etten said. “He could just say, ‘To hell with it,’ right? I was impressed with Adam a year ago, and I’m equally impressed with Hudson and their willingness to make sure that they get their degrees.”

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/mens-hockey/2016/04/20/fasching-returns-finish-out-degree

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom