Kaden Bohlsen (15 years old) Commits to Gophers

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/shattuck-s-young-standout-kaden-bohlsen-commits-to-gophers/376230911/

Shattuck-St. Mary’s forward Kaden Bohlsen verbally committed to the Gophers, he announced on Twitter Monday.

Bohlsen, a Willmar, Minn., native, is the first 2001-born recruit committed to the Gophers. Though only 15 years old, he is listed at 6’0, 155-pounds and touted as a big-bodied physical presence.

Bohlsen joins Jaxon Nelson as the youngest recruits verbally committed to the Gophers. Nelson, a 2000-born forward from Magnolia, Minn., just finished his sophomore season at Luverne High School where he totaled 70 goals and 43 assists. Nelson also has a big body, listed at 6’3, 192 pounds.

Bohlsen becomes the seventh Shattuck product currently committed to the Gophers. The list includes goaltender Ryan Edquist, defensemen Ryan Lindgren and Josh Maniscalco, and forwards Brannon McManus, Rem Pitlick and Scott Reedy

Wow, hockey prodigies from Willmar and Luverne! I remember when it was just The Cities, The Range, Warroad, Roseau, Cloquet and Duluth that produced players.

Neither of those players would be considered a prodigy. Nelson was more of a known commodity at the same age. The best players on the Shattuck team were already committed. They must hope his size makes a difference in the coming years., and I know they feel they have to take kids early or people will ask why they didn't get them if they pan out. I'd get more excited about the super high end guys that aren't committing the year before coming in, though... (Boeser, Jost, Fabbro)

Top Bottom