All Things 2019 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread - Tweets, Links, Video, Analysis

Wassatch is one of the best teams in the country, they have 2 top 50 juniors another 4 star wing thats a jr, a 3 star byu commit and tre williams and their pg is a 3 star jr thats small otherwise hed have high major offers. Also Tray Jackson isnt on that team, he plays on the other sunrise team.

Sunrise has two different teams?

yes. regular high school team and I they have a "post grad" team.

I know few details, but unlike some of these basketball schools Sunrise was a real school long before it got into the highly competitive post grad world. While odd that it would have two teams, I suspect one plays a normal high school schedule in Kansas, while the other plays a national schedule against other similar schools. The normal high school team is likely a holdover from the pre fifth year kind of program.

This thread seems fitting for this post.

Per Ryan James:
Texas Tech (30-6) Starters National Rank out of HS:

Tariq Owens - 185th in 2014 3⭐
Jarrett Culver - 312th in 2017 2⭐
Davide Moretti- 132nd in 2017 3⭐
Norense Odiase - 358th in 2014 2⭐
Matt Mooney- Unranked 0⭐

(Mooney started at Air Force, went to USD, grad transfer to TT)

What’s your best realistic 2019 recruiting finish?

Mine -

Hold onto Williams and Freeman, add Sherfield, Ihnen and non sucky grad transfer big. That’s not a bad class but We will struggle for an NIT berth next year without Coffey and Murphy.

Can a core of PG Carr/Willis SG Sherfield/Kalscheur SF Williams PF Ihnen/Omersa and C Oturu/Freeman be a competitive Big Ten team two years from now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread seems fitting for this post.

Per Ryan James:
Texas Tech (30-6) Starters National Rank out of HS:

Tariq Owens - 185th in 2014 3⭐
Jarrett Culver - 312th in 2017 2⭐
Davide Moretti- 132nd in 2017 3⭐
Norense Odiase - 358th in 2014 2⭐
Matt Mooney- Unranked 0⭐

(Mooney started at Air Force, went to USD, grad transfer to TT)

That’s crazy. Hail to the scrubs! That is one bunch of very good scrubs.

What’s your best realistic 2019 recruiting finish?

Mine -

Hold onto Williams and Freeman, add Sherfield, Ihnen and non sucky grad transfer big. That’s not a bad class but We will struggle for an NIT berth next year without Coffey and Murphy.

Can a core of PG Carr/Willis SG Sherfield/Kalscheur SF Williams PF Ihnen/Omersa and C Oturu/Freeman be a competitive Big Ten team two years from now?

I'm pretty sure it may be closer to:

PG: Carr/Willis
SG: Kalesheur/Sherfield
SF Ihnen/Williams
PF: Grad Transfer/Omersa
C: Oturu/Freeman

Of course, this mystery Grad Transfer Big has yet to announce so we will have to see if the rumors are true. That's not a bad squad but without Coffey we would be lucky to sniff the NCAAs.

I doubt in men comes in and starts. And if he does it will be at PF.

SF Ihnen/Williams

Of course, this mystery Grad Transfer Big has yet to announce so we will have to see if the rumors are true. That's not a bad squad but without Coffey we would be lucky to sniff the NCAAs.

Predicting a Michael Hurt transfer? I think he could start if we don’t bring in two impact grad transfers. Pitino May decide to go small ball though too with Carr, Sherfield, and Gabe all starting.

SF Ihnen/Williams

Forgot Curry, or just believe he’s done?

Predicting a Michael Hurt transfer? I think he could start if we don’t bring in two impact grad transfers. Pitino May decide to go small ball though too with Carr, Sherfield, and Gabe all starting.

Man I sure hope our plan isn’t starting Michael����

Last edited:

Hurt is supposed to transfer according to news people. I'm also not so sure he can beat out Ihnen and Williams. Curry is a big ??? mark, but on paper is our starting PF right now.

In any case, he said TWO years from now!

Last edited:

Hurt is supposed to transfer according to news people. I'm also not so sure he can beat out Ihnen and Williams. Curry is a big ??? mark, but on paper is our starting PF right now.

In any case, he said TWO years from now!

Curry has two years left.

Sounds like the proposed changes to grad transfer (school on the hook for a second year scholarship if the player doesn’t earn their grad degree) my greatly reduce the opportunities.

Looks like GI is saying that Sherfield is down to final 3. (Heard that before, but looks legit now).

Sounds like the proposed changes to grad transfer (school on the hook for a second year scholarship if the player doesn’t earn their grad degree) my greatly reduce the opportunities.

Or just offer easy, one year grad degrees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SF Ihnen/Williams

If they pick up the defense, don’t count them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like GI is saying that Sherfield is down to final 3. (Heard that before, but looks legit now).

yeah....from the Wichita State beat writer

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SF Ihnen/Williams

So you have a starting 2 deep that includes 3 guys that haven't committed to the program, 2 of which have never set foot on campus and one who is already penciled in as a starter as the mystery "grad transfer" despite not even having a name? Fascinating stuff here. Maybe you can change the PG to "5-star high school recruit" who may sign in May...

yeah....from the Wichita State beat writer

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's been a weird process for Sherfield. First committing to UCLA, then kind of relegated back to the wilderness. He visits Minnesota but then waits about a month to go on his next official visit. There's no guarantees but I still feel good about our chances. I think Wichita State would have to blow him away in order to get him.

I think Sherfield committing to UCLA is kind of a good omen for us. He obviously chose UCLA for basketball reasons first and foremost, but UCLA and Minnesota are not all that different in terms of student life. Both are big public universities with urban campuses. After envisioning himself as a UCLA student-athlete for months, the idea of enrolling at Wichita State or Wake Forest would probably bring quite a shock.

At least Minnesota offers a Power-6 conference and a culture not too dissimilar to what he signed up for originally

Wichita State has signed two other point guards....

Top Bottom