All Things 2019 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread - Tweets, Links, Video, Analysis

Freeman feels like a Spring reach to me. I'd rather bank the schollie for next year & hope to land some combination of Dawson Garcia, Dain Dainja & Ben Carlson.

That was Fall recruit Tre Williams. This is Spring recruit Sam Freeman.

Yes, but people were not impressed and called Williams a reach based on lack of offers as well. Jordan Murphy and Nate Mason were also spring recruits. I guess my point is, until we know more, do we really know he is a reach?

Freeman feels like a Spring reach to me. I'd rather bank the schollie for next year & hope to land some combination of Dawson Garcia, Dain Dainja & Ben Carlson.

Kinda on the same page. I'm probably more optimistic as the staff offered over a year ago, so they must really feel comfortable in their eval? I don't know though, maybe he's a diamond in the rough?

We have enough scholarships available to take a shot on one project. If it doesn't work out, people transfer and it'll open up again. Just can't take more than one.

Listed at 6'8" & 200lbs. Don't expect an immediate impact.

He's listed at 6-10, 225 on his HS roster which I would think would be more up to date than the recruiting services. RJ also says he thinks he is legit 6-10 and he's listed at 225 on Rivals.

Also, we did offer him way back in June of last year so it's not like he just came up. We've been on him for a while.

I too am comforted we started recruiting him a while back

still may not pan out, but

Wisconsin has a built their roster with guys with no offers. Of course, they have a proven track record of developing, but still

I'm fine with Freeman if we can also get an immediate impact grad transfer big that can start at PF.

We currently don't have a single backup center on the roster and Freeman at least fills that need. He's better than nothing.

New offer this weekend.

Jonathan
Davis
Shooting guard
6'5''
180 lbs
CLASS OF 2020

We were happy with Gabe production nobody was after him. Let’s let it play out we need bigs right now!

He's listed at 6-10, 225 on his HS roster which I would think would be more up to date than the recruiting services. RJ also says he thinks he is legit 6-10 and he's listed at 225 on Rivals.

Also, we did offer him way back in June of last year so it's not like he just came up. We've been on him for a while.

Agreed that he is quite a bit bigger, saw on Twitter he pulled down a school record 28 rebounds in a game this year, I will be optimistic that he can provide depth and defense next year if we get him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas has 6 class sizes, at least for football so looks like this is against the second highest. He played some big schools like Desoto, Plano West and Carrol so decent competition.

We've gotten two really good players from Texas over the years in Jayson Walton and Murph. Hopefully Freeman can be another.

I'm fine with Freeman if we can also get an immediate impact grad transfer big that can start at PF.

We currently don't have a single backup center on the roster and Freeman at least fills that need. He's better than nothing.

Exactly. If he is being recruited on potential, that's fine, but we need a guy who can give substantial production underneath immediately. Hard to picture a guy like this with few offers as someone who can contribute immediately. Odd that there aren't even any smaller schools on the list. One has to wonder if he is just not putting his offers out there like some other recruits or there was some issue (health, grades, etc.) that had other places cooling on him. If he can come in and eventually be a Kenny Goins type banger, super. But we need help now.

Thanks for re-sharing that. The fact we saw him in person in camp and then offered makes me feel good. PJ had some success with this on the football side in the form of Rashod Bateman - hardly had any offers when we offered, but eventually everyone came flocking.

I wonder if the departure of Washington affects Sherfield's decision in anyway. With Isaiah gone, Pitino gets a second chance at finding a point combo guard he trusts. Sherfield could be Mason 2.0

Top Bottom