All Things 2019 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread - Tweets, Links, Video, Analysis

Whether we like Pitino or not, we don't need to call him names. He deserves much better than that. I don't think Hurt is coming to the U, but I still haven't given up hope. I get it, he can play anywhere he wants to play next year, but maybe he will decide to come up to the U and play for either Pitino or new coach for the Gophers if he is replaced. I'm not calling for Pitino to be replaced. I think it is 50/50 still that we will make the tournament, and if we do, i don't think there is any chance he gets replaced after this year.

Whether we like Pitino or not, we don't need to call him names. He deserves much better than that. I don't think Hurt is coming to the U, but I still haven't given up hope. I get it, he can play anywhere he wants to play next year, but maybe he will decide to come up to the U and play for either Pitino or new coach for the Gophers if he is replaced. I'm not calling for Pitino to be replaced. I think it is 50/50 still that we will make the tournament, and if we do, i don't think there is any chance he gets replaced after this year.

Great post.

Well done sir.

You will not have Hurt to slam next year as he will graduate after this year (in three years) and transfer out. So the coach will have to find another player.

Interesting. Good for him. He would probably enjoy more playing time for his final season. I would rather have him for his final year as depth, but he is not a “banger” in my view at PF. I don’t think that is a slam, it’s reality. I appreciate every kid that plays for our team, even the ones that don’t “make the cut”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great post.

Well I'm sorry but I don't think people need to call him Little Richie or Little Dickey, and I haven't been a Pitino fan. That said, if we make the tournament he definitely deserves another year, and even if we don't make the tournament, I'm not going to be upset if he is retained for next year. Honestly, looking at the B1G standings, if there are 8 teams from our conference that make the tournament, I think there is better than 50/50 we make it. It seems like it is a weak bubble. Oturu and Kalscheur seem like very nice players for the future and I think Coffey will have a big senior year. If he makes it to next year and he gets a commitment from Suggs and/or Garcia, I think he will then be here for quite a while.

Interesting. Good for him. He would probably enjoy more playing time for his final season. I would rather have him for his final year as depth, but he is not a “banger” in my view at PF. I don’t think that is a slam, it’s reality. I appreciate every kid that plays for our team, even the ones that don’t “make the cut”.

I'd like to have him because if he stays, I think there is then a chance his brother comes up here and plays as well. If Matthew Hurt were to commit to the U, he would do wonders for the program. Instant credibility, and I think others would follow the next year, even if he was a one and done. It would change everything for Pitino. The U is the one place where he could play with his brother, his family could watch all of his home games, he could see his sister play, and he could have a chance to become a folk hero type figure. He won't be that at Kansas, Duke or North Carolina.

Is it possible to stay on topic in a recruiting thread?

God Forbid that a recruit would look at this recruiting topic and see people bashing the coach!

We need to keep this thread on 2019 recruiting. If you want to discuss a different topic we encourage you to start a new thread. All non-2019 recruiting posts will be deleted from this thread.

We need to keep this thread on 2019 recruiting. If you want to discuss a different topic we encourage you to start a new thread. All non-2019 recruiting posts will be deleted from this thread.

+1000. Ops, this will likely get deleted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been guilty of posting in the wrong place before and apologize. Will try to not do that as it is rude and disruptive to those that look at the title hoping to address and or read that topic.

Who are we actively recruiting at this point in time, other than Hurt?

Who are we actively recruiting at this point in time, other than Hurt?

Grant Sherfield CG that decommited to UCLA.
Sam Freeman C
David Skogman PF
Isiah Ihnen PF
Tujautae Williams SF
Federico Miaschi SG

the above guys all have gopher offers....and Ryan James has tweeted about these guys in the last month. obviously we have more offers out but not sure if we are in the picture for any of the other recruits or if we have since stopped recruiting
they have also checked in on but have not offered
Pedro Nunez SF
Olivier Nkamhoua SF

Sam Freeman C
David Skogman PF
Isiah Ihnen PF
Tujautae Williams SF
Federico Miaschi SG

the above guys all have gopher offers....and Ryan James has tweeted about these guys in the last month. obviously we have more offers out but not sure if we are in the picture for any of the other recruits or if we have since stopped recruiting
Pedro Nunez SF
Olivier Nkamhoua SF

Please get another big in here.

Omersa cant be our only backup at the 4/5 next year.

Sam Freeman C
David Skogman PF
Isiah Ihnen PF
Tujautae Williams SF
Federico Miaschi SG

Pedro Nunez SF
Olivier Nkamhoua SF

I just saw Gerald Drumgoole committed to Pitt a few days ago. Bummer.

Also a few podcasts had mentioned Luka Barisic (JC PF from Highland CC). Not sure what the gophers interest is with him at this point.

I know where u can find a 6'9" 240 lb. College freshman to basketball at Minnesota. He is a freshman at IU n not playing basketball for them. Let's see where my kid plays next year. I wish my gophers good luck n I stick by them, cuz living in indy it's hard to cheer for IU. Go gophers.

I know where u can find a 6'9" 240 lb. College freshman to basketball at Minnesota. He is a freshman at IU n not playing basketball for them. Let's see where my kid plays next year. I wish my gophers good luck n I stick by them, cuz living in indy it's hard to cheer for IU. Go gophers.

Darrell Thompson? Is that you?

Ha ha...no. hey interesting fact, just noticed Johnathan nwankwo is currently on Marian university roster here in indy...that makes his 4th team.

Looking at 247 GopherIllustrated is scary. Need front court help stat.

I am not sure Curry will ever be the same.

Omersa is athletic, but never see it translate to productivity. Hopefully he can get more “feel for the game”.

Oturu’s back will hurt.

I was looking at 247 also. They don’t have much coverage on juco transfers unless they’ve already committed. Anyone know of another site that has Juco prospects?

I was looking at 247 also. They don’t have much coverage on juco transfers unless they’ve already committed. Anyone know of another site that has Juco prospects?

Jucorecruiting.com
Seldom are there many that can help. Several have a hard time getting in and the best pick a spot that has a ton of time.

Thanks Built.

I would think a Grown man 4 would see that Murphy is graduating and would get a lot of time. If a player has some muscle, I don’t think they would be intimidated by Curry or Oturu.

Last edited:

Hope you're not referring to Race Thompson. Didn't sound like he wanted to play for Minnesota.

Thanks Built.

I would think a Grown man 4 would see that Murphy is graduating and would get a lot of time. If a player has some muscle, I don’t think they would be intimidated by Curry or Oturu.

Hard to find the guy your talking about. Most JC guys are under skilled, not use to tons of high end competition. The really good ones are few and far between, especially bigs.

Courtney James?

Top Bottom