All Things 2019 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread - Tweets, Links, Video, Analysis

I like when we get kids in here in the summer and fall. This state isn't just a winter wonderland - Fall is a great season for MN and the football game should be a good time (assuming they bring him).

Gophers will also have 2020 4 star pf Jamari Sibley (USC, Texas A&M, Iowa State, LSU, Arizona State and more offers) from MIlwaukee on an unofficial this week and 2020 Terrance Thompson (Depaul offer) from Lacrosse wi on an unofficial this weekend. Both play for the Wisconsin Pheonom AAu program that Rob Jeter has strong connections to.

Gophers will also have 2020 4 star pf Jamari Sibley (USC, Texas A&M, Iowa State, LSU, Arizona State and more offers) from MIlwaukee on an unofficial this week and 2020 Terrance Thompson (Depaul offer) from Lacrosse wi on an unofficial this weekend. Both play for the Wisconsin Pheonom AAu program that Rob Jeter has strong connections to.

cool. thanks for the info

finally some positive momentum. Would really like to break the ice with a solid recruit

Thought we might be out of the running on this one, so this is a nice surprise.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I see Tray actually responded to this Tweet and told Ryan James to use a different picture :eek:

I see Tray actually responded to this Tweet and told Ryan James to use a different picture :eek:

From what I can remember, most of Ryan's past tweets about Tray have used this same picture, so maybe he's joking around.

Awesome news that Tray will be on campus this weekend (wonder what changed?). Gophers need to close this one like Vandy did with Crowley and ISU did with Anderson.

yup huge news to get him on campus.
Visits with Oklahoma 9/18 and Mizzu 9/21 after this one. My opinion is that we need to seal the deal this weekend otherwise it will be a huge long shot

Awesome news that Tray will be on campus this weekend (wonder what changed?). Gophers need to close this one like Vandy did with Crowley and ISU did with Anderson.

What makes you think things have changed? Just because we don’t hear any rumors about player doesn’t mean Pitino is recruiting them. We have been surprised many times in the past by who he has landed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What makes you think things have changed? Just because we don’t hear any rumors about player doesn’t mean Pitino is recruiting them. We have been surprised many times in the past by who he has landed

EXACTLY. Of the programs i track closely they seldom get their very first choice and often the fan bases know little of the recruit or the relationship with the coach. As long as Pitino gets guys that fit what he wants to get done and the ultimately do it well then things will work out. If not, then success does not get achieved. I know very little about several of the guys the Gophers are after or if they are in a good position. What i do know is if you get them on campus it is a huge chance to secure them. As they move on the chances decrease tremendously.

Ryan James mentioned on a podcast awhile back asking Tray which schools he definitely wanted to visit and he didn’t mention Minnesota/sounded kind of lukewarm on us.

Four-star PF Tray Jackson will be first 2019 target to officially visit the Gophers

When the dust settled after fans were frustrated over missing out on the last two official visits, the Gophers were able to regroup and schedule a visit for four-star senior forward Tray Jackson this weekend.

Jackson, a 6-foot-8 reclassified 2019 standout at Sunrise Christian Academy (Kan.), was one of the most heavily recruited targets for Minnesota coach Richard Pitino and his staff in July.

The connection to Jackson comes from first-year U assistant Kyle Lindsted’s background as a former Sunrise Christian coach and director before he landed at Wichita State. Lindsted and Pitino followed Jackson’s Meanstreets AAU team throughout the summer during Nike EYBL play and other events around the country.

That consistent presence put the Gophers in a good position for a visit this fall. Jackson, a consensus top-100 prospect, has already made official trips to Oklahoma on June 18 and Seton Hall on Aug. 29. He’s also being pursued by Missouri and DePaul.

There’s been no indication yet that a commitment from Jackson could come after this weekend’s U visit, but just getting him on campus is a good sign.

Jackson’s high school teammate Austin Crowley, a four-star guard from Sunrise, committed to Vanderbilt before his scheduled visit to Minnesota last month. A week ago, Lakeland (Fla.) three-star forward Luke Anderson committed to Iowa State before he was supposed to visit the Twin Cities this week. Previously, the next Gophers official visit was supposed to be Breck forward David Roddy next week. Roddy is visiting Colorado State this weekend.

Watching Jackson play this summer, the first thing that jumps out is his top-level athleticism and quick bounce near the rim, punishing defenders on dunks and attacking the offensive glass. There's a bit of finesse to his game being able to step out and stretch the defense with the jumper. But with a smaller build at 6-foot-8 and 200 pounds, he still plays tougher than many opposing frontcourt players much bigger. Once he adds weight in college, Jackson easily could compete at the Big Ten level inside and fight for a power forward spot once the Gophers lose star Jordan Murphy to graduation next season.

http://www.startribune.com/four-sta...et-to-officially-visit-the-gophers/492700651/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ryan James mentioned on a podcast awhile back asking Tray which schools he definitely wanted to visit and he didn’t mention Minnesota/sounded kind of lukewarm on us.

Ok, yea now I remember that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would be a huge get. Might hurt our changes at Hurt but that's OK, those stand at slim to none right now. Tray Jackson would be a nice 4 star get.

Evan Daniels moved his and 4 people followed right after.

Isn't it part of the system to draw clicks to mess with the predictions around visit time? This Crystal Ball is an untrustworthy prognosticator. Probably got a lot of clicks from Gopher faithful in the last 24 hours.

I hope he commits, but no holding of breath.

RJ just said he was updating his opinion to the Gophers being in a good position with Tray to the Gophers having a fantastic chance at landing him. Hopefully we get some good news soon.

Isn't it part of the system to draw clicks to mess with the predictions around visit time? This Crystal Ball is an untrustworthy prognosticator. Probably got a lot of clicks from Gopher faithful in the last 24 hours.

This is a valid criticism, but generally when that happens the rush of CBs happens in the day(s) before the visit (so the prognosticators are right if the recruit commits on the visit). Most often, CBs going out after the visit are related to solid good news.

From here, it looks like we have him locked up.

Seems like Evan knows something, but its obviously not a commitment and several people followed him.

This is a valid criticism, but generally when that happens the rush of CBs happens in the day(s) before the visit (so the prognosticators are right if the recruit commits on the visit). Most often, CBs going out after the visit are related to solid good news.

From here, it looks like we have him locked up.

I just heard it from fryguy......locked up!

Would be a huge get. Might hurt our changes at Hurt but that's OK, those stand at slim to none right now. Tray Jackson would be a nice 4 star get.

No harm to our Hurt chances whatsoever. Hurt would start day one and he knows it. Jackson would be a good teammate.

Last night he put a post on IG saying Great official visit to Minnesota‼️〽️(not committed), he recently changed the post and deleted the (not committed) part.

Top Bottom