All Things 2019 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread - Tweets, Links, Video, Analysis

Luke Anderson, PF from Florida, is scheduled to visit here September 8th. I believe he's visiting Iowa St on the 1st and Georgia on the 15th.

I would imagine we'll see a few more OVs scheduled for the beginning of the football season.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Per Ryan James, David Roddy is planning on an official visit with Minnesota September 15th. Wonder when/if we'll hear about visits regarding Sam Freeman and Myron Gardner since those appeared to be 2 guys the staff was watching closely.

The Gophers as of yet do not have a commitment. Should we be worried?

Last year, he received a commitment 1/17 from Otoru, and on 7/17 from Omersa and Kalscheur.

He's had bad luck with Akeem Springs with that untimely injury before the NCAAs. Then, Last year, the Reggie Lynch fiasco sent the team on a tailspin.

The Gophers as of yet do not have a commitment. Should we be worried?

Last year, he received a commitment 1/17 from Otoru, and on 7/17 from Omersa and Kalscheur.

He's had bad luck with Akeem Springs with that untimely injury before the NCAAs. Then, Last year, the Reggie Lynch fiasco sent the team on a tailspin.
With the 16 class I remember Hurt committed very early but both Coffey Curry we're mid to late September. I think having to replace two coaches got us a little behind, but it seems like we have a few decent players visiting next month. I think if we get to October with zero it's time to push the red button

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

With the 16 class I remember Hurt committed very early but both Coffey Curry we're mid to late September. I think having to replace two coaches got us a little behind, but it seems like we have a few decent players visiting next month. I think if we get to October with zero it's time to push the red button

Agreed. I haven't kept track of exactly how many, but I know we have at least a few visits scheduled for September. With four open schollies (and as we all well know, transfers happen, so we could end up with more than that) for the 2019 class I'd hope we can lock at least one down by October 1.

5 scheduled visits with us with 4 open scholarships. I’m a bit worried about this class. I think hurt and Nnanji are both gone. Wahl and terry are already gone. Pitino has normally been a good recruiter but seems like not as many recruits interested in us as before. I mean he couldn’t even get 1 high school recruit after August last year after a good year.

5 scheduled visits with us with 4 open scholarships. I’m a bit worried about this class. I think hurt and Nnanji are both gone. Wahl and terry are already gone. Pitino has normally been a good recruiter but seems like not as many recruits interested in us as before. I mean he couldn’t even get 1 high school recruit after August last year after a good year.

I think there is some uncertainty with Pitino and players weary he'll be fired

Probably some of that, but I think getting two new assistants put us a step behind as well. Have a good year and the 2020 class will be fine

This is happening with instate recruits, but they have a nice group of players coming to visit.

Austin Crowley Wing. Visiting Aug. 30th. Also visited Vandy this past weekend and is visting Ol Miss the weekend after. And I think he has an announcement date set for the following week?
Luke Anderson PF. Visiting Sept. 8th. Also will be visiting Iowa State Sept 1st. And Georgia Sept 15th.
David Roddy SF/PF Visting Sept 14th. Also has Northwestern on his list of visits. Not sure who else at this point
Jared Jones. PF/C Visiting Oct. 6th. As of now I think we are the only visit he has scheduled.
Yavuz Gultekin SF/PF Visiting Oct. 26th. Also Officially visiting Northwestern, TCU & Nebraska in Oct & Sept.

I think that's it as of now for official visits for now. Obviously there will be more.

Austin Crowley Wing. Visiting Aug. 30th. Also visited Vandy this past weekend and is visting Ol Miss the weekend after. And I think he has an announcement date set for the following week?
Luke Anderson PF. Visiting Sept. 8th. Also will be visiting Iowa State Sept 1st. And Georgia Sept 15th.
David Roddy SF/PF Visting Sept 14th. Also has Northwestern on his list of visits. Not sure who else at this point
Jared Jones. PF/C Visiting Oct. 6th. As of now I think we are the only visit he has scheduled.
Yavuz Gultekin SF/PF Visiting Oct. 26th. Also Officially visiting Northwestern, TCU & Nebraska in Oct & Sept.

I think that's it as of now for official visits for now. Obviously there will be more.

I thought the folks at Rivals insinuated that they're working with 3 more guys on finalizing OVs. I know previously that Ryan James said they're working with Myron Gardner and Sam Freeman on setting up OVs. I am not sure who the other might be since I am not a member of their site, but they're certainly setting up a lot of OVs this fall.

Anyone with predictions regarding these guys?

Sounds like they backed off Sam Freeman, must have some other guys higher on their board. Also heard this weekend that Northwestern has backed off Roddy so chances of him being a Gopher seem pretty high.

Sounds like they backed off Sam Freeman, must have some other guys higher on their board. Also heard this weekend that Northwestern has backed off Roddy so chances of him being a Gopher seem pretty high.
I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Roddy. See if he can turn into the next DJ. If not, nothing wrong with having a hard working in state guy on the end of your bench on the scout team. I think Crowley the guy we really need to land, seems like someone who can come in and play right away on the wing

yup I think we really need to secure Crowley to get this class going. we need a solid get at the wing position this go around

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Roddy. See if he can turn into the next DJ. If not, nothing wrong with having a hard working in state guy on the end of your bench on the scout team. I think Crowley the guy we really need to land, seems like someone who can come in and play right away on the wing

DJ? As in Damian Johnson? I don't see the similarity between those two. I agree that I'd like to take a chance on him though.

DJ? As in Damian Johnson? I don't see the similarity between those two. I agree that I'd like to take a chance on him though.
He came to mind as a rediculously undersized four. I can't think of another 6'4" PF

He came to mind as a rediculously undersized four. I can't think of another 6'4" PF

DJ was 6'7" per his 247 page(i will not get into a debate around the accuracy)
TM was 6'7" per his 247 page(again not getting into a debate around the accuracy)

6'4" is really small for a PF.

6'4"/6'5" PF's that come to mind are Deonte Burton (Marq/ISU) and Bonzie Colson (Notre Dame). I've never seen Roddy play, so not comparing skill sets at all. Just size.

Barkley, Byron Houston and of late PJ Tucker. Only a couple off the top of my head.

Burton good call freak athlete. Bonzi I love him. I would take a Colson or Tucker

6'4" is pretty short for a PF. Charles Barkley " the round mound of rebound" was 6'6", but a freak of nature.

Lol Damian Johnson is not 6'4". Roddy may or may not be, but I've only seen him listed at 6'5" and 6'6". Other than position, they're extremely different players.

Take Crowley off the board... just committed to Vandy not too long ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom