All Things 2019 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread - Tweets, Links, Video, Analysis

Hope Pitino is still at least talking to Matthew Hurt. Until we are out completely it is worth keeping him in the loop. Wouldn't it be awesome if we played 9-10 players all the time and pressed the entire game. Doesn't winning a game in the Big Dance have to count for something in recruiting. Especially since we have a solid core and plenty of playing time available for incoming players.

Hope Pitino is still at least talking to Matthew Hurt. Until we are out completely it is worth keeping him in the loop. Wouldn't it be awesome if we played 9-10 players all the time and pressed the entire game. Doesn't winning a game in the Big Dance have to count for something in recruiting. Especially since we have a solid core and plenty of playing time available for incoming players.

What if I told you Pitino stopped recruiting him months ago because it became apparent we were completely out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if I told you Pitino stopped recruiting him months ago because it became apparent we were completely out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the gist of what Ryan James said in the last TGB podcast.

Transfer list starting to grow quickly now
http://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2019

Not sure, but hoping someone is just taking the names off the ncaa transfer portal and putting them on verbalcommits

Guessing this year will end up closer to 1000 players with the expectation that if there’s a coaching change a player could transfer and be immediately eligible (new this year if the coaches vote for it)

Has Reed Nikko graduated? He's only been at Missouri for 3 years. I don't think we know that he'd be immediately eligible unless I've missed something.

Actually, you may be correct. I swore he was in the 2015 class and had a year at Mizzou where he either was hurt or RS/both and was done by now but I can't find anything to prove that feeling.

My overall points still stay the same then, only thing I change is that if there were a Sims and Nikko addition, you have to be 100% both are immediately eligible and neither can be treated as starter level either, you'd need to add another, more talented player too.

J'raan Rooks from USC, not eligible immediately though, if they got a couple of bigs and another schollie became eligible he would be a get.

My pals from the pay sites tell me Jamison Battle, despite the coaching change, is sticking with his signing to George Washington so there goes that ship for those that were wanting that

My pals from the pay sites tell me Jamison Battle, despite the coaching change, is sticking with his signing to George Washington so there goes that ship for those that were wanting that

Did they say we at least inquired? If true that'd hurt the pride a little but what can you do besides go recruit someone else.

Did they say we at least inquired? If true that'd hurt the pride a little but what can you do besides go recruit someone else.

Maybe he just liked the school and the idea of being in DC? It's not like staying home is every - or even most - HS kids' college dream

Kids actually do pick schools for the school itself and not just the coach. GW is a tremendous academic institution in great area.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lets hope they didnt inquire since it would be an ncaa violation.

As whalenfan said, he was actually signed to GW, not just committed. People theorized with the coaching change there that he'd get out of his LOI as his stock may be a little higher now than it was in the fall and may have some more options. It would have been illegal for us to actually be in contact with him though is the main point.

As whalenfan said, he was actually signed to GW, not just committed. People theorized with the coaching change there that he'd get out of his LOI as his stock may be a little higher now than it was in the fall and may have some more options. It would have been illegal for us to actually be in contact with him though is the main point.

Got it...didn't know that he signed his LOI

I posted this in another thread. One name to keep an eye on is Donnell Gresham from Northeastern. CDH alum and a career 41% 3 point shooter. He's a combo, but more of a 2 than a 1. If we swing and miss on some recruits and someone ends up transferring, I wouldn't mind taking a look at him.

Maybe he just liked the school and the idea of being in DC? It's not like staying home is every - or even most - HS kids' college dream

Didn't say it was his dream...What I was implying is that it is a great opportunity to play at the U and I personally think there is pros to going to a school like the U over GW, but I don't know what his aspirations are for the future. Probably some cons too.

He's making the choice though not me, so it doesn't matter. Wasn't hating on him, simply saying to me that I think of the opportunity at the U fairly highly, more so than a lot of other schools.

I posted this in another thread. One name to keep an eye on is Donnell Gresham from Northeastern. CDH alum and a career 41% 3 point shooter. He's a combo, but more of a 2 than a 1. If we swing and miss on some recruits and someone ends up transferring, I wouldn't mind taking a look at him.

I've had my eye on him as a possible transfer for a while. I'd love to see him play here.

We're so desperate that we want a 6'1" shooting guard from Northeastern who averaged 9 PPG?

He shouldn't be a priority. If we miss on Sherfield and/or IW transfers, he'd be a solid add. He'd probably be our best shooter after Gabe and would only be here for 1 year. I'd much rather do that than reach on a high school player that takes up a scholarship for 4 years. No one is suggesting he would be a starter here.

Last edited:

He shouldn't be a priority. If we miss on Sherfield and/or IW transfers, he'd be a solid add. He'd probably be our best shooter and would only be here for 1 year. I'd much rather do that than reach on a high school player that takes up a scholarship for 4 years. No one is suggesting he would be a starter here.

You said you'd love to see him here. And I seriously doubt he's a better shooter than Gabe. Or Carr, or Willis who we haven't even seen yet.

You said you'd love to see him here. And I seriously doubt he's a better shooter than Gabe. Or Carr, or Willis who we haven't even seen yet.

Grad transfer guard to open another scholarship for the 2020 class that has shot 41% from 3 on 4 attempts per game in his college career. If IW transfers he'd be a perfect add to the bench for next year.

He's gonna get quite a few high major looks, hes a really good defender and can shoot. Hes definitely a better shooter than Willis and Carr. He's over 41% from 3 in his career there on alot of attempts.

I meant it'd be fun to see him play here because I watched him play in high school, not because he's an incredible player. I should have elaborated. And I meant to say our best shooter besides Gabe.

Last edited:

He shouldn't be a priority. If we miss on Sherfield and/or IW transfers, he'd be a solid add. He'd probably be our best shooter after Gabe and would only be here for 1 year. I'd much rather do that than reach on a high school player that takes up a scholarship for 4 years. No one is suggesting he would be a starter here.

Depending on what happens with our other 2 spots, I wouldn't be opposed to him. I think he could help on the bench

Reclassified for 2019. The big power forward to replace Murphy we have been looking for.

Kareem
Reid
Power forward
6'8''
210 lbs
CLASS OF 2020

Reclassified for 2019. The big power forward to replace Murphy we have been looking for.

Kareem
Reid
Power forward
6'8''
210 lbs
CLASS OF 2020
He's from NY and played prep ball in Connecticut. Kimani Young is an assistant at UConn, has big-time NY connections and Reid already has an offer from UConn.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

He's from NY and played prep ball in Connecticut. Kimani Young is an assistant at UConn, has big-time NY connections and Reid already has an offer from UConn.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Do we have any connections to this guy?

per Sid:

• The Gophers have three scholarships available for next season, if Amir Coffey doesn’t turn pro. While John Marshall star Matthew Hurt still has them on his list of teams, other players they could get are small forward Myron Gardner of Detroit and power forward Isaiah Ihnen of Germany. Ihnen reportedly will visit the Gophers, TCU and Tennessee in April.

• As for Hurt, he said at the McDonald’s All-American Game last week in Atlanta that he will announce his college decision on April 19. While Kansas and Duke are the favorites, he was asked by 247Sports on Monday about any other schools with a chance and replied, “I would say Minnesota and Memphis are the two and I wouldn’t count them out.”

http://www.startribune.com/scandal-plagued-1951-ncaa-title-game-at-williams-arena/507891061/

Go Gophers!!

I heard but not super credible.... Hurt to MN. Not holding my breath

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom