All Things 2019 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread - Tweets, Links, Video, Analysis

Just ONCE in the modern age (no Chris Humphreys comments please) would one of these five-star Minnesota kids please pick the Gophers so it can be shown that the NBA will still happen for them? Screw the blue bloods! I’m sick of hearing about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen, brother.

We’d be title contented with Hurt and he’d be the guy

Just ONCE in the modern age (no Chris Humphreys comments please) would one of these five-star Minnesota kids please pick the Gophers so it can be shown that the NBA will still happen for them? Screw the blue bloods! I’m sick of hearing about them.

Wow you really went all in on butchering Kris Humphries' name.

Wow you really went all in on butchering Kris Humphries' name.

Ha! But you violated the rule of no comments about him. I guess the misspelling invalidated the rule.

According to 247, the Gophers are his only offer. Crazy. If he turns out to be a player, kudos to Pitino

If Pitino offered, he expects him to be a player.

New offer out to 2020 sf Julian Strauther. Relationship-Jeter

According to 247, the Gophers are his only offer. Crazy. If he turns out to be a player, kudos to Pitino

Really difficult to find information about this guy. From what I read on a couple of Rivals articles is that he has a high motor and really rebounds. Curious if there will be some kind of highlight video of him because I couldn't find a thing.

I think Ryan James said Robert Jones from Prior Lake is gaining more Minnesota interest.

For reference see: Konate, Bakary or Diedhou, Gaston

I don't remember what the vibe was around these guys, but weren't we at the point where we just needed big bodies?

Konate had legit high major offers. Part of that could've been because of his brother. diediou was a wildcard

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'd really like some positive traction on the bball team

I'd really like some positive traction on the bball team
We won't be getting any with this recruiting class. The only positive I can think of is getting Jones might secure Garcia. If Pitino ****s the bed this year, he will be out faster than Brett Bielema was at Arkansas.

We won't be getting any with this recruiting class. The only positive I can think of is getting Jones might secure Garcia. If Pitino ****s the bed this year, he will be out faster than Brett Bielema was at Arkansas.

Our two main recruiters left for different/better jobs. Our two new assistants need a little time to create some relationships. Slow down and remember we have Carr and Willis coming next year too. We lose Crandall and everyone is talking about no positive spin? We got 3 great freshman coming in, a solid grad transfer, and two solid transfers for next year. We replaced Kimani and Ben with two very competent assistants as well. All things considered I'd say we are ok.

Our two main recruiters left for different/better jobs. Our two new assistants need a little time to create some relationships. Slow down and remember we have Carr and Willis coming next year too. We lose Crandall and everyone is talking about no positive spin? We got 3 great freshman coming in, a solid grad transfer, and two solid transfers for next year. We replaced Kimani and Ben with two very competent assistants as well. All things considered I'd say we are ok.
I follow this team way closer than you probably, the history lesson is not needed. Carr and Willis are nice pieces but they cannot help this year, Pitino needs to win this year. If you want read my 5000 plus posts you won't find too many people who defend him more, especially three years ago, but even if it's do to bad luck he will not survive another non NCAA season. Not getting Crandell leaves us with no room for error on the injury front.

This is probs a sign we likely are going to need a new coach. Geno grew up a big gopher fan, likes the players, and I’m sure deep down really wanted to come here. However, we haven’t won much with Pitino even though are roster is loaded this year and no nba guys on long time. Pitino needs to have a good year

Not saying it’s completely Pitino fault either but man I’m nervous about this 2019 class there has been serious recruiting buzz for MN about NO RECRUIT. Likely going to miss on zeke and Matthew and already missed on Tyler and tyrell

Not saying it’s completely Pitino fault either but man I’m nervous about this 2019 class there has been serious recruiting buzz for MN about NO RECRUIT. Likely going to miss on zeke and Matthew and already missed on Tyler and tyrell

Just take a deep breath and relax. Geno saw the dim lights of the Zags and got distracted. MN is producing too many D1 recruits for the Gophers to take all of them and some may not fit the system. Pitino has got an excellent class of MN recruits this year and he will get what he needs for next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am amazed that some people think Willis was a get for Pitino. In case you missed it, Vanderbilt was worse than the Gophers last year (12-20 overall, 6-12 SEC) and Willis played 17.5 minutes a game for them. He shot 43.7% from the field, 31.3% from 3 and 62.7% from the line on his way to 5.2 pts per game. He had 65 assists to 56 turnovers on the season. He was an inefficient player for a bad team. His numbers his Freshman year were similarly lackluster. There is simply nothing to suggest Willis will have a positive impact on the Gophers record once he becomes eligible.

I am amazed that some people think Willis was a get for Pitino. In case you missed it, Vanderbilt was worse than the Gophers last year (12-20 overall, 6-12 SEC) and Willis played 17.5 minutes a game for them. He shot 43.7% from the field, 31.3% from 3 and 62.7% from the line on his way to 5.2 pts per game. He had 65 assists to 56 turnovers on the season. He was an inefficient player for a bad team. His numbers his Freshman year were similarly lackluster. There is simply nothing to suggest Willis will have a positive impact on the Gophers record once he becomes eligible.
Did you watch him play or going simply off numbers? Because going simply off numbers is very dangerous. He will provide some solid experience depth coming off the bench at the very least.

It's possible it was just a bad situation for him at Vandy. Happens all the time where a player really improves after a change of scenery. I'm not saying it will happen but wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Just take a deep breath and relax. Geno saw the dim lights of the Zags and got distracted. MN is producing too many D1 recruits for the Gophers to take all of them and some may not fit the system. Pitino has got an excellent class of MN recruits this year and he will get what he needs for next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing much positive on the recruiting front recently, hard to have any kind of confidence, he needed a PG and didn't get one, lost needed depth when Stockman left.

There were three pretty good prospects in Minnesota in the 2018 class, he didn't get one, it looks doubtful he will get any of the top four in the 2019 class, his recruiting is iffy at best right now, have to see how it plays out but I hate going into 2018 with only 10 eligible scholarship players, they all have to contribute and any injuries will make it tough. The brand new practice facility is opening and he can't get a commit, something is wrong

Nothing much positive on the recruiting front recently, hard to have any kind of confidence, he needed a PG and didn't get one, lost needed depth when Stockman left.

There were three pretty good prospects in Minnesota in the 2018 class, he didn't get one, it looks doubtful he will get any of the top four in the 2019 class, his recruiting is iffy at best right now, have to see how it plays out but I hate going into 2018 with only 10 eligible scholarship players, they all have to contribute and any injuries will make it tough. The brand new practice facility is opening and he can't get a commit, something is wrong
he got three in state guys in 2018. I don't expect us to get Hurt, but he needs to land Zeke, his recruitment is wide open, we have the facilities, the institution, playing time. If the whole package really matters than Pitino needs to get it done.

I follow this team way closer than you probably, the history lesson is not needed. Carr and Willis are nice pieces but they cannot help this year, Pitino needs to win this year. If you want read my 5000 plus posts you won't find too many people who defend him more, especially three years ago, but even if it's do to bad luck he will not survive another non NCAA season. Not getting Crandell leaves us with no room for error on the injury front.

You're overreaction and lack of understanding of how recruiting works warranted my history lesson. Also just because I don't post here on a large volume and overreact does not mean I don't follow the team very closely or have a solid understanding of what is going on. I'm fine with folks not defending him, last year was a train wreck, but also ridiculously unlucky with circumstances. Show me 1 top 25 team or even a tournament team with that type of injury/suspensions. Crandall not coming here leaves some depth issues at the point, but nothing McBrayer, Stull, and Coffey can't handle. This is not any different in other programs in our conference or other power conferences. Please tell me that you know how deep Nova was behind no Brunson at point? Our depth is fine this year, but if we have 4 starters injured/suspended (Mason was injured as well) we will lose. If we stay mostly healthy (1 starter getting injured) we will be fine. That's part of the deal.

I'd love Zeke, but if we miss, we will be ok again unless Oturo and Curry leave too. Pitino has proven he can get quality kids to come to the U. We also have immediate depth at guard next year as well with the transfers (Espicially Carr). If we are in the top 6 in the B10 this year is that good enough? What is winning? I hate when we say he needs to win? Who doesn't unless they are coming off a great year, are newly hired, or had circumstances like we did last season?

We cannot get every Minnesota High School Player. Pitino did a great job of rebuilding relationships with MN kids (also credit Ben Johnson). Previous guys were not giving our previous coach the time of day within the state. We need to get the best fits regardless of state and it's not fair to hold that as our measure of recruitment. Zeke would be a great fit, Wahl probably wasn't, Hurt is going to an Adidas school. Zeke leaving Pulley hurt us as Pulley sends more kids to the U that D1 does. We've had the practice facility for less than a year. Let's give it time (2 recruiting cycles) as results are not immediate.

Top Bottom