Page 155 of 156 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156 LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2337

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Carr is a very good player but was not the best player on the floor. Coffey, Murph were better and even to this day people are sleeping on Gabe.
    Agreed if Carr is on Gabe's level on both ends of the court, Gophs will be just fine

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Default Gophers out of the mix for TAMU-CC grad transfer Kareem South

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post

Hmm, there was talk we reached out to him, but it sure doesn’t sound as though that was successful. I’m still waiting for good news on the high school kid we just hosted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So-- which happens first...We fill 2019 class or start to fill 2020 class?

per Marcus:

Isaiah Ihnen, the top recruit in the Gophers’ 2019 class, was named Thursday to the German national team to play in the FIBA European U20 Championship this summer in Tel Aviv.

Ihnen was grateful for the selection, but he told the Star Tribune he might not play in the event scheduled for July 13-21. The 6-foot-9, 210-pound forward's top priority is to join the Gophers as soon as he can.

“I’m not sure if I’m going to play,” he said about the German U20 national team. “Rather go to campus earlier.”

Fellow incoming freshmen Tre’ Williams and Sam Freeman are expected to arrive in the Twin Cities around June 10 to get ready for summer school. Also joining them will be Drexel graduate transfer Alihan Demir, who will be a senior next season.

Figuring out when Ihnen will be back in the U.S. for college is a bit more complex. He'll remain in Germany training until the U’s compliance office gets his visa and final grades. That's standard procedure with foreign recruits. The Gophers are just hopeful the process goes smoothly.

“We’re huge in Germany,” Pitino joked this week. “He was someone where we scouted early. Really, really talented. I really believe if he were going to high school in the states he’s probably a top 50, top 75 recruit. We need a versatile wing. We got that. He’s somebody who is going to be a terrific player down the road. Loves basketball. High, High ceiling. So, we’re excited to get him on campus.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-r...eam/510386072/

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus:

Pitino talked at the Gophers coaches caravan this week about still trying to add to his 2019 recruiting class, which ranks fourth in the Big Ten by 247Sports.com. Minnesota has one scholarship remaining for next season, but it could be two. Junior guard Amir Coffey has until next Wednesday's deadline to remove his name from the NBA draft. No decision has been made yet.

“From a recruiting standpoint, kids want to come in and play right away,” Pitino said. “So, when you have that uncertainty if a guy is coming or going … if Amir comes back, he’s obviously going to play a lot. So as a coach you’ve got to be patient. A lot of us are going through it. We’re not the only ones that are dealing with it right now.”

-- New Hampton School (N.H.) guard Mika Adams-Woods, who visited the Gophers a couple weeks ago, is looking for a program where he can play major minutes right away in the backcourt. He has an official visit scheduled for Cincinnati next Monday through Wednesday. A decision for the three-star fifth-year senior and New York native could come after that.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-r...eam/510386072/

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• The Gophers men’s basketball team ranks No. 38 in the country in recruiting for 2019, according to 247 Sports. The Gophers rank fourth in the Big Ten, behind Ohio State, Michigan State and Maryland.

http://www.startribune.com/anthony-b...son/510432352/

Go Gophers!!

Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/reidouse/status/...053547008?s=19

Wish this guy could have played

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude View Post
    https://twitter.com/reidouse/status/...053547008?s=19

Wish this guy could have played

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    did you just close your eyes and pick a random thread to put this tweet in? this is a thread about 2019 recruiting, not jj or the pro am

Worth noting that Jarron Cumberland is returning to Cincy. Might affect Mika Adams Woods (not sure if I spelled that correctly) decision.

Any idea what his timeline is once he visits Cincy? That's his last visit right?

Quote Originally Posted by upnorthkid View Post
    Any idea what his timeline is once he visits Cincy? That's his last visit right?
    I think that is right but I can only count 3 in Gophers, Nebraska, and Cincy.

I’d think fairly soon especially once Coffey confirms either way.

I'd imagine soon if he wants to enroll in the summer

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MinnGopher View Post
    Worth noting that Jarron Cumberland is returning to Cincy. Might affect Mika Adams Woods (not sure if I spelled that correctly) decision.
    Its got to be a significant factor. Guy is a shooting guard who averaged 18.8 points last year..

Quote Originally Posted by AgedFan View Post
    Its got to be a significant factor. Guy is a shooting guard who averaged 18.8 points last year..
    It looks like Cincinatti is graduating two senior guards who played significant minutes (Justin Jenifer, 26.1 mpg and Cane Broome, 21.2 mpg). Their two players who logged the most minutes are returning, both rising junior and senior guards Jarron Cumberland (32.5 mpg and Tre Scott (30.6 mpg) as well as a Keith Williams, a former 4 star rising junior who had a breakout year and played 25.8 mpg.

To put it into perspective, the Gophers are losing Dupree McBrayer (31.9 mpg), Isaiah Washington (16.1 mpg, although this is not weighted by all those DNP's), and Brock Stull (10.2 mpg).

Seems like his chances at PT are probably fairly similar for the Gophers or Cinci.