All Things 2019 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread - Tweets, Links, Video, Analysis

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

that's huge.. is he more of a winger or a post-guy at 6'8?

Would be awesome if Coffey balls out this year and enters the draft and this guy can come in and replace him

that's huge.. is he more of a winger or a post-guy at 6'8?

Would be awesome if Coffey balls out this year and enters the draft and this guy can come in and replace him

I think he's more of a big that can shoot.

I think he's more of a big that can shoot.
ah ok... with Murphy graduating we obviously need a good 4 next year. would be interesting to see what this offense would like like with a stretch 4. haven't had that since Joey King

ah ok... with Murphy graduating we obviously need a good 4 next year. would be interesting to see what this offense would like like with a stretch 4. haven't had that since Joey King

I emphasize "think" because I haven't done a lot of reading on him. I think I've seen PF listed for him most frequently though.

Can the panicking cease for a bit now? Go from potentially the worst class in Pitino's tenure to a top 15-20 class with some luck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Can the panicking cease for a bit now? Go from potentially the worst class in Pitino's tenure to a top 15-20 class with some luck.

Never!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm as optimistic as they come but damn the recruiting threads even had me a bit bummed out. I should stay out of the panic threads.

Excited for the commitment!

How many of those 8 would be Pitino recruits?

Assuming this is coming from 247 composite. They list

1. Kris Humphries
2. Royce White
3. Daniel Oturu
4. Amir Coffee
5. Rodney Williams
6. Isaiah Washington
7. Ralph Sampson III
8. Tray Jackson

So, 4? Tubby with 3 (but Royce never played here). ?? with 1 (was Humphries Monson?)

Assuming this is coming from 247 composite. They list

1. Kris Humphries
2. Royce White
3. Daniel Oturu
4. Amir Coffee
5. Rodney Williams
6. Isaiah Washington
7. Ralph Sampson III
8. Tray Jackson

So, 4? Tubby with 3 (but Royce never played here). ?? with 1 (was Humphries Monson?)

All 4 of Pitino's could potentially play together!

And yeah I think Monson got Humphries.

All 4 of Pitino's could potentially play together!

And yeah I think Monson got Humphries.

All 4 together is big. Just keep stringing talent together.

Also I could have sworn Curry was top 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

247 has Curry as the composite #114 player and a 4 star, but 247 and Rivals individually both ranked him in the 140’s, so maybe Scout was just really high on him? I don’t think he was top 100 on ESPN either.

per Marcus:

Gophers coach Richard Pitino landed his first recruit in the 2019 class in four-star forward Tray Jackson less than 24 hours after his official visit this weekend.

Jackson, a 6-8, 205-pound standout at Sunrise Christian Academy (Bel Aire, Kan.), announced his commitment Monday.

“Minnesota was just different,” Jackson told the Star Tribune. “I’ve been on other visits, but when I got there it felt like the coaches and players were all welcoming and genuine. They said I was a priority. When it comes to recruiting, it’s not just about who wants you, but it’s about who needs you. When I got there, the players said: ‘You can help us get better and, ultimately, make history.’ That’s what I plan on doing.”

Jackson, ranked No. 56 and No. 94 in his class by ESPN.com and 247Sports.com, also made official trips to Oklahoma in June and Seton Hall on Aug. 29. The Detroit area native also considered Oregon, Missouri and Purdue.

Jackson could compete for a power forward spot next fall once the Gophers lose star Jordan Murphy to graduation. On his official visit, Jackson was able to watch Murphy and other Gophers play some games on their new Athletes Village practice court.

“Jordan is just a great player,” Jackson said. “He’s just an animal out there. Amir Coffey was really good, and Isaiah [Washington]. Just watching them you could really tell they’re developing guys. They play fast, and I feel like [their style] fits me the most.”

Jackson’s AAU coach, Tyrone Slaughter, raved about Jackson’s potential impact in the Big Ten.

“When you talk about athleticism, he clearly possesses that,” Slaughter said. “I think the areas I look at Tray are just his versatility as a player: his ability to handle it, shoot it and pass it. He does all of it well. The stronger he gets and more he plays, the more profoundly impactful he will become. His upside is really, really, really high.”

Jackson averaged 13.6 points, 5.4 rebounds, 1.1 blocks and shot 38 percent from three-point range for Meanstreets, his AAU team.

Gophers fans might see mostly dunks with Jackson’s highlight videos.

“But I got a lot more in my bag than what people have seen,” Jackson said. “I know Minnesota will let me show that.”

http://www.startribune.com/four-sta...ommits-to-richard-pitino-s-gophers/492896321/

Go Gophers!!

With Pitino’s track record recruiting transfers, they really only need 1 more high schooler to round out this class. Of course they’ll take kids that they think are they right fit no matter what but it’s not like they need 3 more high schoolers.

- 1 spot is probably reserved for Hurt and will go to a transfer unless he decides quick.
- 1 spot is probably for Roddy
- The last spot is probably best player available??

I they need a wing for sure with Dupree and Stull graduating and then Hurt and Coffey being upperclassman. I also wonder how big a priority Roddy is now since him and Tray Jackson seem to play the same position.

Why wasn't rick Rickert listed in that 247 list?

I they need a wing for sure with Dupree and Stull graduating and then Hurt and Coffey being upperclassman. I also wonder how big a priority Roddy is now since him and Tray Jackson seem to play the same position.

I would be up for another SF before a SG. Remember they have Kalscheur and Willis waiting in the wings to step in and play SG next year. I would like to see them grab a SF to be the heir apparent to Coffey and Hurt. I also think they will grab another big guy with Matz and Murphy leaving.

Isn't there a question about whether Roddy plays football or basketball as well? I'm not sold that he is an automatic.

Per Evan Daniels the Gopher's make the final 7 for SF Toumani Camara.

speaking of Roddy, 247 has a article up stating he has narrowed his focus to 3 schools....anybody know which 3 schools? after the Jackson commitment he would seem like an odd take at this point.

Hes playing basketball, hed only play football if a team wanted him at qb and hes not a d1 qb

I'm assuming Roddy isn't a priority anymore unless they consider him a 3.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom