All Things 2019 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread - Tweets, Links, Video, Analysis

From what I recall reading, his family wanted him to visit WSU since he is from there.

correct. just wanted to point out that as of today they don't have room for him...but I read in the comments from the above tweet that they are having coaches/players meetings this week and they will know if any kids are expecting to transfer so they(WSU) will know if they have room for him or not by the time Sherfield visits there this weekend.

correct. just wanted to point out that as of today they don't have room for him...but I read in the comments from the above tweet that they are having coaches/players meetings this week and they will know if any kids are expecting to transfer so they(WSU) will know if they have room for him or not by the time Sherfield visits there this weekend.

Good insight!

Curry has two years left.

I left Curry off my list because of all the question marks. In terms of a rotation, those are the guys I envisioned getting minutes, plus whatever we are able to bring in in 2020, of course.

Could be a decent squad but they’d need a ton of coaching up. Hope Richard is up to the task, but given that his buyout $$ was reduced in his latest extension, I’m not sure Coyle isn’t setting us up for a coaching change next year.

The combo of a $2 million buyout plus what is likely to be a team that struggles seem to point in one direction. If that’s true, good for Coyle In playing the long game. I believe he’s stuck by RP - meaning no feeling out other coaches during the season - and trying to maneuver to find a coach this late in the game with no groundwork lain seems like s bad idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you have a starting 2 deep that includes 3 guys that haven't committed to the program, 2 of which have never set foot on campus and one who is already penciled in as a starter as the mystery "grad transfer" despite not even having a name? Fascinating stuff here. Maybe you can change the PG to "5-star high school recruit" who may sign in May...

I don’t think you’re following the thread. He’s predicting a lineup two years out based on a realistic best case finish to our class. Sherfield has us in his final 3, Ihnen is coming for a visit, and we’re rumored to be in on a grad big whose name hasn’t been released.

Your post seems needlessly catty. This might be pointless speculation to some, but that’s pretty much what a message board is for. Feel free to skip.

Not that is a big deal, just found this interesting.

Using 247's composite rankings, Tre Williams is currently ranked higher than both Crowley and Sherfield. I remember when we signed him a lot of us had pegged him as a bad signing because we never heard of him

Not that is a big deal, just found this interesting.

Using 247's composite rankings, Tre Williams is currently ranked higher than both Crowley and Sherfield. I remember when we signed him a lot of us had pegged him as a bad signing because we never heard of him

That because several posters don’t trust our coaches ability to evaluate players. They would much rather believe out dated internet rankings, then the coaches who’s job depend on getting the right guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With Chris Mullins resigning, Nate Tabor, a 4 star small forward, along with a top juco point guard cam Mack are now available.

With Chris Mullins resigning, Nate Tabor, a 4 star small forward, along with a top juco point guard cam Mack are now available.

Nate Tabor was recruited by Kimani Young for UConn. No idea if we have contacted him, but Pitino and Young have many of the same connections. Outside possibility?

I doubt we'd get a sniff from either of them.

Their recruiter at St. John’s just joined Hoiberg’s staff at Nebraska. He was also the main transfer recruiter for Hoiberg at Iowa State. I believe Mack at least is taking a visit to Lincoln this weekend.

Kobe Brown, the SF/PF from Alabama decommited from Texas A&M after Kennedy got fired. Has yet to resign with the Buzz hiring. We were in Brown's top 3 and he visited back in the fall.

https://247sports.com/player/kobe-brown-92751/

He has completely opened up his recruiting. I attached an interview with Kobe from March 25. He doesn't mention any teams, but he is being recruited by about a dozen teams

https://www.rocketcitynow.com/sport...medium=social&utm_source=twitter_MoCarterWZDX

I don’t think you’re following the thread. He’s predicting a lineup two years out based on a realistic best case finish to our class. Sherfield has us in his final 3, Ihnen is coming for a visit, and we’re rumored to be in on a grad big whose name hasn’t been released.

Your post seems needlessly catty. This might be pointless speculation to some, but that’s pretty much what a message board is for. Feel free to skip.

I understand the intent. Stating that our lineup will be good because we will be starting ‘grad transfer’ PF is asinine. There isn’t even a name.

I understand the intent. Stating that our lineup will be good because we will be starting ‘grad transfer’ PF is asinine. There isn’t even a name.

Well, it is crystal clear that in your world of bile, sour stomach, and criticism, there is no room for light-hearted optimism and hopeful speculation. That would only be “asinine”. Thank you for that lesson in proper Gopher Fan posting behavior.

I've been selling myself on Isaiah Ihnen more and more, especially if Coffey leaves.

If Coffey's not here next year, we will have a bunch of 6'4 wings and guards, but no real size on the perimeter. Ihnen offers us a 3/4 player that we haven't had in a while. Fitzgerald and Michael Hurt have tried to be that stretch 4, backup SF guy, but neither really impressed.

If Ihnen is as skilled and physical as some have described him, selling him on the idea of getting minutes at the 3 and the 4 might be enough to get him to commit, giving us insurance at the PF position if Curry doesn't heal and gives us depth at SF that we may need next year and definitely in the season after

Well, it is crystal clear that in your world of bile, sour stomach, and criticism, there is no room for light-hearted optimism and hopeful speculation. That would only be “asinine”. Thank you for that lesson in proper Gopher Fan posting behavior.

Thank you for the lesson that a proper fans realizes we will be good when the mystery PF arrives.

I've been selling myself on Isaiah Ihnen more and more, especially if Coffey leaves.

If Coffey's not here next year, we will have a bunch of 6'4 wings and guards, but no real size on the perimeter. Ihnen offers us a 3/4 player that we haven't had in a while. Fitzgerald and Michael Hurt have tried to be that stretch 4, backup SF guy, but neither really impressed.

If Ihnen is as skilled and physical as some have described him, selling him on the idea of getting minutes at the 3 and the 4 might be enough to get him to commit, giving us insurance at the PF position if Curry doesn't heal and gives us depth at SF that we may need next year and definitely in the season after

Is Ihnen set for a visit?

I think Ihnen is coming in early May maybe? Don't quote me on it though.

Wichita St just had a guy leave which clears a scholarship for potentially adding Sherfield.

Minnesota has three visits set up this spring: Isaiah Ihnen will be in over Easter weekend. Tujautae Williams will take his official on May 3, and Olivier Robinson-Nkamhoua will follow on May 9. @MinnesotaRivals @mjessenhoward

7:25 PM - 10 Apr 2019

Minnesota has three visits set up this spring: Isaiah Ihnen will be in over Easter weekend. Tujautae Williams will take his official on May 3, and Olivier Robinson-Nkamhoua will follow on May 9. @MinnesotaRivals @mjessenhoward

7:25 PM - 10 Apr 2019

Thanks everyone. I had not heard that last name before: Robinson-Nkamhoua. Looked him up on 247, he has some nice offers.

Ihnen and Tujautae would help fill our SF hole well.

Not a ton of info on Nkamhoua.

Not a ton of info on Nkamhoua.

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2019/03/13/vols-offer-fast-rising-power-forward-in-2019-class/

Looks like he may have played only one year of US HS basketball.

“Robinson-Nkamhoua was born in Helsinki, Finland and didn’t move to the United States till the summer 2017. Not long after that move, he ended up breaking his foot and had to sit out for a long time. Because of that, he was off the radar for quite some time and didn’t get to show off his skills in the States in front of scouts.”

Thanks everyone. I had not heard that last name before: Robinson-Nkamhoua. Looked him up on 247, he has some nice offers.

very nice offers, is whats more important than rankings. However, weird he has no rankings. Has he been hiding and only decided to play ball this year?

Top Bottom