Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2337

Default Gophers only have one point guard who has never played.

Quote Originally Posted by ltf View Post
    6'3" pt guard who can move and shoot. Im sold as well. 247 indicates umass has the inside track, closer to home i suppose. Looks like his offer list is mostly mid majors including iona.
    This kid has a chance to come in on May 18th and compete for the starting point guard spot. Carr has never played a minute so there is no guarantee he is ahead of this kid. Worst case scenario is he is the first point guard off the bench on a NCAA tournament team that has a chance to win the Big Ten.

He will see the court here for at least 10-15 minutes a game. More if he beats out Carr or there is an injury. Hope he chooses to be a Gopher.

With McBrayer graduating, we need another lefty. Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ten Championship View Post
    Worst case scenario is he is the first point guard off the bench on a NCAA tournament team that has a chance to win the Big Ten.
    Worst case? What are you smoking? That's more like best case. The Gophers have virtually no shot of winning the Big Ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ten Championship View Post
    This kid has a chance to come in on May 18th and compete for the starting point guard spot. Carr has never played a minute so there is no guarantee he is ahead of this kid. Worst case scenario is he is the first point guard off the bench on a NCAA tournament team that has a chance to win the Big Ten.

He will see the court here for at least 10-15 minutes a game. More if he beats out Carr or there is an injury. Hope he chooses to be a Gopher.
    Carr was a starting PG as a freshman in the ACC averaging 10pts and 4ast. This upcoming season would be his 3rd year in the college ranks and his 2nd around the gopher program, there is essentially no shot he gets beaten out for the starting role. I'd bet whatever you want he is the starting PG if he is healthy and on the roster to start the season

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Worst case? What are you smoking? That's more like best case. The Gophers have virtually no shot of winning the Big Ten.
    I agree that this lid won't play much next year. I actually think we're in a spit as long as Coffey comes back, all if the returning players plus the grad transfer make up a decent rotation. The Freshman will truly come in, compete and take minutes away. Not saying they can't, couple probably will, but there's nothing free.
    As far as winning the league, Sparty is a heavy favorite now, than it's probably Maryland, after that I would put us in a camp with OSU, Michigan and Iowa for the 3-6 spots

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
    Carr was a starting PG as a freshman in the ACC averaging 10pts and 4ast. This upcoming season would be his 3rd year in the college ranks and his 2nd around the gopher program, there is essentially no shot he gets beaten out for the starting role. I'd bet whatever you want he is the starting PG if he is healthy and on the roster to start the season
    Carr did all of that on a terrible team. His Win Shares for that season is less than 1. He was worth less than 1 win.

Color me skeptical that he is destined to be a good player. We need more help at PG. If Carr works out, then great. He hasn't done enough to deserve the kind of faith that you and others have in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherguy0723 View Post
    Carr did all of that on a terrible team. His Win Shares for that season is less than 1. He was worth less than 1 win.

Color me skeptical that he is destined to be a good player. We need more help at PG. If Carr works out, then great. He hasn't done enough to deserve the kind of faith that you and others have in him.
    Agree, but based on purely physical characteristics, quickness, leaping, athleticism, etc. he is going to be the leader, whether that translates to game time performance remains to be seen, I am very optimistic though.

Quote Originally Posted by jovs View Post
    Agree, but based on purely physical characteristics, quickness, leaping, athleticism, etc. he is going to be the leader, whether that translates to game time performance remains to be seen, I am very optimistic though.
    Nate mason: 2015-16. We only won 8 games but we knew he was a good player. I liken Marcus carr to this situation

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasthetank View Post
    Nate mason: 2015-16. We only won 8 games but we knew he was a good player. I liken Marcus carr to this situation
    Mason was worth 3 Win Shares on an 8 win team. Carr was worth less than 1 on his terrible team.

Mason was a bright spot. Carr was part of the problem.

Default All Things 2019 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread - Tweets, Links, Video, Analysis

Faith has little to do with it. Iím optimistic that the 3rd year version of Carr will be better than the freshman version, and confident that he will be a competent ball handler for the majority of the season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mason was worth 3 Win Shares on an 8 win team. Carr was worth less than 1 on his terrible team.

Mason was a bright spot. Carr was part of the problem.
    Who cares about win shares. Put on the tape. Kid was a good player and played with maturity well beyond most freshman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    With McBrayer graduating, we need another lefty. Just sayin...
    No thanks and Iím a lefty myself (shoot righty though)

You might be right. Hope you are wrong. Word out of practices last year was Carr was often the best player on the floor. Of course, practices arenít games.

From what I saw at last yearís scrimmage, I thought Carr looked the part. Played at both ends, had tenacity, made winning plays. Beyond that, he always seemed to be having fun on the bench with other players/seems to have a great attitude, which is always a massive bonus in a PG.

Of course adding some depth would be great, but Iím confident heíll be our PG next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bordergopher View Post
    You might be right. Hope you are wrong. Word out of practices last year was Carr was often the best player on the floor. Of course, practices aren’t games.

Carr is a very good player but was not the best player on the floor. Coffey, Murph were better and even to this day people are sleeping on Gabe.