All Things 2019 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread - Tweets, Links, Video, Analysis

Olivier Robinson-Nkamhoua PF
Federico Miaschi SG
Tujautae Williams SF
Jordan Wright SG
Johnathan McGriff PG
From that group, Miaschi is intriguing. The others feel like role players on a middle tier (at best) B1G team.

And they play the Jesuit piece, private school. Plus Spokane is truly a beautiful place.

So you really think they are going to Gonzaga because they think Spokane is so beautiful?

They have developed an assistant that specializes in recruiting international players. Gonzaga has also worked hard at helping these international players feel welcomed. They have built a reputation that feeds on itself.

Hire away that assistant and you kill Gonzaga! Would be a great recipe for any next tier P5 school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And they play the Jesuit piece, private school. Plus Spokane is truly a beautiful place.

Having attended Gonzaga for a year, it isn’t THAT beautiful. Lots of crime and homeless. Not to say it’s a terrible place, but it’s not like it’s Boulder, Palo Alto, or some other truly beautiful campus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

McNeil went where?

Not decided, he released his top 6, we weren't in it

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't follow recruiting. Are Gophers in on anyone legitimately? Or is it a bunch of guys who still have 10 schools on their list?

I don't follow recruiting. Are Gophers in on anyone legitimately? Or is it a bunch of guys who still have 10 schools on their list?

If Ryan James is to be believed we're the favorites for a combo guard and a lot of speculation on transfers

I suspect Pitino knows he's on hot seat and will look for immediate help with Juco's and grad transfers

If Ryan James is to be believed we're the favorites for a combo guard and a lot of speculation on transfers

I suspect Pitino knows he's on hot seat and will look for immediate help with Juco's and grad transfers

On the “Hot seat” when making the tourney? Or the recruiting hot seat? We have a good nucleus recruited from other classes - we need a couple pieces to make this a full well balanced team. Just a “off” year where so many scholarships are available - not so many starting spots open though - which most recruits are looking for.

Grant Sheffield. 4-star CG on 247. Visited for Purdue game. Visit "exceeded expectations"

likely Sherfield. and would guess he's talking about the large number of MN kids that they're thinking may transfer like Sims and Chatman

On the “Hot seat” when making the tourney? Or the recruiting hot seat? We have a good nucleus recruited from other classes - we need a couple pieces to make this a full well balanced team. Just a “off” year where so many scholarships are available - not so many starting spots open though - which most recruits are looking for.

I think if next year doesn't go well he's in very real trouble of being fired

Look for HS kids to start taking visits here over the next month. Many are waiting until the end of their senior year before taking visits again. Guys like Skogman, Freeman and Williams are all waiting until their season is done. Sounds like Sherfield is the closest to deciding as he wants to take a visit to Wichita St before deciding. Supposedly Lindsted has a good relationship with him and the family.

Grant Sheffield. 4-star CG on 247. Visited for Purdue game. Visit "exceeded expectations"

Yes please. Then add a transfer that is eligible right away that can play as a 4 to replace Murphy given Currys health then you could be alright with Carr being eligible next year. If Washington leaves another guard makes sense as well. I'd love for Battle to change his mind. If I learned one thing this year it's that the Gophers need shooters and supposedly he's that.

How many of these guys are Grad transfers?

PF from USC
6'8" guy from Michigan
6'11" guy from UNLV who could have graduated.

I think UMKC shows what can happen if a program fires their coach now that the expectation is players could transfer and be immediately eligible. If a coach gets fired, most the players could tell the school to enter their names in the transfer portal. The players can decide later to stay at the school if they like the new coach.

In a typical past year there are 700 to 800 transfers. We may see a lot more than that in this and future years.

Top Bottom