All Things 2019 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread - Tweets, Links, Video, Analysis

Really? Why? What footage of Gaston looked as good as this? Their games aren't remotely similar and this kid looks way more talented.

It was somewhat tongue in cheek. I said it because he's an unranked foreign player. Gaston was throwing down dunks in his highlight video and looked pretty athletic. As I said, this kid has some really good offers so I don't believe he will be Gaston v2.

If Tennessee is on him, I'm good with him

Kids got an extremely high release point. Being 6'9" with long arms makes it near impossible to block his shot.
If he can stroke that three consistently like he was doing on the video look out.

man whatever we get to fill out this class I sure as heck hope they can shoot!

Gerald Drumgoole has committed to Pitt

Are we going to get anyone in this class??? Or is lil Dicky putting all his eggs in the Hurt basket?

(I know we have one guy signed....)

Are we going to get anyone in this class??? Or is lil Dicky putting all his eggs in the Hurt basket?

(I know we have one guy signed....)

People keep mentioning Hurt, but when is the last time we have seen a report that the staff was in Rochester or in the Hurt home? Matthew was up here watching his brother a few weeks ago, but the tea leaves are obvious on Hurt and the staff is spending their time/resources elsewhere.

Go Gophers!!

Hurt isn't coming. Zero percent chance. None. Little Dicky can back his bags, with the poor season, and horrible class coming in next year it's ugly. They have a broken guy in Curry and a really good player in Oturu for the 4/5 and that's it right now. Yuck.

When is the last time we've seen a report on anything related to 2019 recruiting?

man whatever we get to fill out this class I sure as heck hope they can shoot!

I said in the Ben Carlson thread that I would take Jaeden King from Cretin Durham Hall. I still stand by that. Western Illinois commit and I'm not sure if he is locked into that or not but I'll take anyone that can splash 3s at this point. People didn't seem to accept this take from me....

I said in the Ben Carlson thread that I would take Jaeden King from Cretin Durham Hall. I still stand by that. Western Illinois commit and I'm not sure if he is locked into that or not but I'll take anyone that can splash 3s at this point. People didn't seem to accept this take from me....

I've never seen him play, but he doesn't look overly skilled or athletic in his highlight videos. Shooting 36.5% from 3 according to MN Basketball Hub. Also signed his LOI, so that ship has sailed regardless.

https://www.mnbasketballhub.com/roster_players/28777235?subseason=534216

Last edited:

So we're stealing recruits from Western Illinois? Yikes.

Hurt isn't coming. Zero percent chance. None. Little Dicky can back his bags, with the poor season, and horrible class coming in next year it's ugly. They have a broken guy in Curry and a really good player in Oturu for the 4/5 and that's it right now. Yuck.

Who cares, he can pack his bags and we can delete any threads on little Hurt.

The only way Hurt comes here is if he suffers a serious injury and the blue bloods all back off! Just like Randy Moss after his legal problems.

Wow this is really bad news! When did Kalscheur, Coffey and Carr quit the team?

Wow this is really bad news! When did Kalscheur, Coffey and Carr quit the team?

Are those guys 4 or 5? Can you read? Who is going to play power forward or center next year? Oturu, Curry, Hurt and Omersa (6'6 220 lbs). . . ouch. Only Oturu and Curry are legit Big 10 players at this point, I don't see Jarvis being able to play big minutes at the 4 spot.

Are those guys 4 or 5? Can you read? Who is going to play power forward or center next year? Oturu, Curry, Hurt and Omersa (6'6 220 lbs). . . ouch. Only Oturu and Curry are legit Big 10 players at this point, I don't see Jarvis being able to play big minutes at the 4 spot.

I misread your post, I thought you were referring to the whole team. Sorry.

No worried man. The Gophers will be paper thin at the 4/5 next year if nothing changes.

Our lack of bigs will give way to the unveiling of our small ball lineup! No more McBricklayer at SG. Washington at the point, Carr and Kelsheur at the wings, Coffey out of position at the 4 and whichever of Curry/Oturu has less fouls!

Williams as the 6th man! This works for other teams! Why not us?

Our lack of bigs will give way to the unveiling of our small ball lineup! No more McBricklayer at SG. Washington at the point, Carr and Kelsheur at the wings, Coffey out of position at the 4 and whichever of Curry/Oturu has less fouls!

Oh yeah, other teams can shoot.

If we keep the guys we have...the transfers become eligible, the recruit steps up...we'll be okay. We're going to add a spring person or two and we'll be at least as competitive as this year. The key will be if we can find some consistency in our performance next year.
The biggest question for me is who will be the coach?

I like your enthusiasm. The main issue with this is having a 6’2” wing (Carr). That’s pretty small. Carr will likely play most of his minutes at point guard anyway. I would start Carr at PG, Gabe and Coffey as wings, Currey at PF and Oturu at C. Having three guards that can shoot fairly well will be huge. Off the bench we have IW at PG, Willis and Tre Williams as wings, Hurt at PF and nobody at C. That’s a nice starting five, but very lacking reserves. We desperately need a center who can give solid minutes. Then, we could also really use a banger PF (sorry, but Hurt doesn’t cut it), and a wing. I would like two of the three to be grad transfers and one a freshman. Let’s hope coach can pull a rabbit out of his hat and get it done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like your enthusiasm. The main issue with this is having a 6’2” wing (Carr). That’s pretty small. Carr will likely play most of his minutes at point guard anyway. I would start Carr at PG, Gabe and Coffey as wings, Currey at PF and Oturu at C. Having three guards that can shoot fairly well will be huge. Off the bench we have IW at PG, Willis and Tre Williams as wings, Hurt at PF and nobody at C. That’s a nice starting five, but very lacking reserves. We desperately need a center who can give solid minutes. Then, we could also really use a banger PF (sorry, but Hurt doesn’t cut it), and a wing. I would like two of the three to be grad transfers and one a freshman. Let’s hope coach can pull a rabbit out of his hat and get it done!

You will not have Hurt to slam next year as he will graduate after this year (in three years) and transfer out. So the coach will have to find another player.

If we keep the guys we have...the transfers become eligible, the recruit steps up...we'll be okay. We're going to add a spring person or two and we'll be at least as competitive as this year. The key will be if we can find some consistency in our performance next year.
The biggest question for me is who will be the coach?
Are you saying Pitino is out?

You will not have Hurt to slam next year as he will graduate after this year (in three years) and transfer out. So the coach will have to find another player.

Good for him, sincerely. Seems like a great young man and teammate, and a serious student who has represented the University well. But he has no business playing basketball in a Power 5 conference. From a pure basketball standpoint we won’t know he’s gone next year.

Banger PF- how about an improved Omersa? We need another 4/5 player badly though and another shooter. A stretch 4 like the Ihnen kid would be a great fit.

Top Bottom