All Things 2019 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread - Tweets, Links, Video, Analysis

Few open scholarships. Not to mention there may be some attrition. Get whoever you can that is good, not worried about positions.

That's pretty easy to picture, Gabe has made 40% of his threes this year.

Fine after a 6/8 effort on Saturday Gabe moved from 35% to 40% in Big10 play 30/75... But when you got “1-guy” makes it pretty easy to match up. That said, can’t wait to see what the young man can do with experience and maturity

Last edited:

Federico Miaschi has some fun highlights. Not sure how his game will translate to the college level.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-mArJOS6pXs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I agree with you on not sure how Miaschi's game would translate, but based on the video above, he has a really nice shooting stroke, and appears to be fearless and really confident! The video didn't show much in the way of dishing to teammates and assists, but knockin' down 3's & dribble drivin' hard! Decent handles & hops...

Last edited:

We need Frederico! We haven't had hair like that since Flip!

Can we use his Harlem Globetrotters basketball, too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone see RJ say that we have a top 125 ranked 2019 guard sets official visit?

Love to see Kansas get throttled again...maybe Hurt is watching Bill Self self destruct.... again. (I may have exaggerated habit but hope Hurt sees it that way).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I would absolutely take him. If we got him Williams and could grab guy that can play the 4, we wouldn’t be sitting too bad.

Without question. If we landed Sherfield and a couple of quality forwards (Juco or Grad) that would add up to an outstanding class. Really really need to make the tourney though if we wana land anyone.

Without question. If we landed Sherfield and a couple of quality forwards (Juco or Grad) that would add up to an outstanding class. Really really need to make the tourney though if we wana land anyone.

Keep. Because I don’t think Pitino sticks around if that happens

Not necessarily. Pitino can show style of play, how they would fit in with the needs and emphasize defense. Ever player at that level will think they can shoot and make FT’s better than the Gophers have been shooting. With that they would have a handful of more wins and a lock for the tourney.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. Pitino can show style of play, how they would fit in with the needs and emphasize defense. Ever player at that level will think they can shoot and make FT’s better than the Gophers have been shooting. With that they would have a handful of more wins and a lock for the tourney.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe, I still think it's gonna be tough to convince many guys with any talent to come here if we miss the tourney. Not many kids are gonna commit to a coach on the hot seat(Pitino should absolutely be on the hot seat/potentialy fired if we miss the tournament).A player like Sherfield has interest from schools like Purdue and Iowa State both of which look like they will be quite successful for a little while here. Pitino needs to get a couple of wins here and this program will be much easier to sell when Grant comes for his official against Purdue.

Love to see Kansas get throttled again...maybe Hurt is watching Bill Self self destruct.... again. (I may have exaggerated habit but hope Hurt sees it that way).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You're not worried about how he sees Minnesota's collapse though?

There is a top recruit in the ESPN top 100 not affiliated with any particular school, maybe because of his baggage.

Anyone interested in the #11 2019 recruit?

LaMelo Ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I just threw up in my mouth a little.)

There is a top recruit in the ESPN top 100 not affiliated with any particular school, maybe because of his baggage.

He is putting up numbers at Spire

Didn't he get paid in Europe?

You have to take his dad as part of the deal.

Top Bottom