Page 153 of 156 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2337
  1. #2281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whalenfan View Post
    Looks like a really good shooter, 38% from 3 in the eybl, 42.5% from 3 in prep school this year.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaA3ndfCSzA
    I approve of those numbers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. #2282

    Default

    Kobe Brown didn't wait until next Tuesday to announced his decision. He posted on Twitter this afternoon he's headed to Missouri. Not a surprise, but that closes that door. With Amir not getting an NBA Combine invite, he now has 2 weeks to decide his future.

  3. #2283

    Default

    Getting a back up for Carr is fantastic. Hopefully he'll commit and do better in that role than Washington did. Position of need. If Coffey returns...really an exciting year coming up. Hopefully someone or a group of people can replace Murphy's rebounding acumen.

  4. #2284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoMn View Post
    Getting a back up for Carr is fantastic. Hopefully he'll commit and do better in that role than Washington did. Position of need. If Coffey returns...really an exciting year coming up. Hopefully someone or a group of people can replace Murphy's rebounding acumen.



    Bingo! Biggest need and question mark for next year's team is in the trenches under the basket.

  5. #2285

    Default

    Any word from Mika Adams-Woods?

  6. #2286
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,950
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whalenfan View Post
    Looks like a really good shooter, 38% from 3 in the eybl, 42.5% from 3 in prep school this year.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaA3ndfCSzA
    Woods reminds me of a young Mason.... smooth player

  7. #2287

    Default


  8. #2288

    Default

    per Shama:

    ESPN college basketball authority Fran Fraschilla has followed Alihan Demir, the 6-9 forward and grad transfer from Drexel who is the latest member of coach Richard Pitino’s Golden Gophers 2019 recruiting class.

    “I expect him to be a solid role player up front,” Fraschilla told Sports Headliners this week. “Not a star, but just a good role player for them. Someone that gives them power inside. He shoots the three but that’s not really his game. He’s more of a banger, plays with toughness. Very good passer.”

    Demir, a native of Turkey who averaged 14.8 points and 6.4 rebounds while making third team All-Colonial Athletic Association last season, joins a newcomers group that also includes 2019-2020 freshmen Sam Freeman (Dallas, Texas), Isaiah Ihnen (Boeblingen, Germany) and Tre’ Williams (Dallas, Texas).

    Minnesota’s freshmen class is ranked No. 37 in the nation by 247sports.com.

    http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

    Go Gophers!!

  9. #2289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Shama:

    ESPN college basketball authority Fran Fraschilla has followed Alihan Demir, the 6-9 forward and grad transfer from Drexel who is the latest member of coach Richard Pitino’s Golden Gophers 2019 recruiting class.

    “I expect him to be a solid role player up front,” Fraschilla told Sports Headliners this week. “Not a star, but just a good role player for them. Someone that gives them power inside. He shoots the three but that’s not really his game. He’s more of a banger, plays with toughness. Very good passer.”

    Demir, a native of Turkey who averaged 14.8 points and 6.4 rebounds while making third team All-Colonial Athletic Association last season, joins a newcomers group that also includes 2019-2020 freshmen Sam Freeman (Dallas, Texas), Isaiah Ihnen (Boeblingen, Germany) and Tre’ Williams (Dallas, Texas).

    Minnesota’s freshmen class is ranked No. 37 in the nation by 247sports.com.

    http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

    Go Gophers!!
    im excited for him. His game sounds like he'll be a good fit

  10. #2290

    Default

    STrib: Gophers not finished with 2019 class: Prep school guard and former Nebraska recruit visited

    The late signing period ended earlier this week, but the Gophers are still looking to put the finishing touches on their 2019 recruiting class.

    Highest on the priority list for Richard Pitino is to add another guard who could help the Gophers run their offense in the 2019-20 season.

    Three-star New Hampton School (N.H.) guard Mika Adams-Woods made his official visit to Minnesota on Tuesday and Wednesday, but there’s no word yet on an announcement date from him.

    Adams-Woods thanked the Gophers for having him on an official visit after it ended. He posted pics wearing a Minnesota uniform an his Instagram account, but wrote that he was not committed.

    Minnesota jumped on his recruitment this month. Other schools are showing more interest as well, including Cincinnati recently.The 6-foot-3, 175-pound senior from New York was a former Nebraska recruit who asked to be released from his signed letter of intent last month when Tim Miles was replaced by Fred Hoiberg as Cornhuskers coach.

    “I think people if they see Mika they’ll be pleasantly surprised,” his former high school coach Gallagher Driscoll said this week. “His biggest thing is he makes everybody around him better. He’s left-handed. Everybody likes playing with Mika. I think he’s a great listener and is very, very coachable. He’s not one of those guys who they will take him just to fill a spot. I think he’s competitive enough to put himself in a situation to be playing some (major) minutes. I just think he’s really good. You need somebody to get the ball from Point A to Point B.”

    Adams-Woods was considering Massachusetts, Florida International and St. Joseph’s after reopening his recruitment earlier this spring. The Gophers have been searching for another ballhandler and facilitator to add to their 2019 class, which includes guard Tre’ Williams, forward Isaiah Ihnen and center Sam Freeman.

    In his second season at New Hampton this year, Adams-Woods averaged 19 points, 6.2 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 1.9 steals. He also shot 56.8 percent from the field and 42.5 percent from three-point range.

    “I think he was under recruited,” said Driscoll, who coached Adams-Woods at Bishop Ludden. “He’s a true point guard who had an unbelievable year this year at New Hampton. There was a period when he was scoring 25 point per game and shooting close to 50 percent from the three-point line.”

    http://www.startribune.com/gophers-n...ted/510078882/

    Go Gophers!!

  11. #2291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    STrib: Gophers not finished with 2019 class: Prep school guard and former Nebraska recruit visited

    The late signing period ended earlier this week, but the Gophers are still looking to put the finishing touches on their 2019 recruiting class.

    Highest on the priority list for Richard Pitino is to add another guard who could help the Gophers run their offense in the 2019-20 season.

    Three-star New Hampton School (N.H.) guard Mika Adams-Woods made his official visit to Minnesota on Tuesday and Wednesday, but there’s no word yet on an announcement date from him.

    Adams-Woods thanked the Gophers for having him on an official visit after it ended. He posted pics wearing a Minnesota uniform an his Instagram account, but wrote that he was not committed.

    Minnesota jumped on his recruitment this month. Other schools are showing more interest as well, including Cincinnati recently.The 6-foot-3, 175-pound senior from New York was a former Nebraska recruit who asked to be released from his signed letter of intent last month when Tim Miles was replaced by Fred Hoiberg as Cornhuskers coach.

    “I think people if they see Mika they’ll be pleasantly surprised,” his former high school coach Gallagher Driscoll said this week. “His biggest thing is he makes everybody around him better. He’s left-handed. Everybody likes playing with Mika. I think he’s a great listener and is very, very coachable. He’s not one of those guys who they will take him just to fill a spot. I think he’s competitive enough to put himself in a situation to be playing some (major) minutes. I just think he’s really good. You need somebody to get the ball from Point A to Point B.”

    Adams-Woods was considering Massachusetts, Florida International and St. Joseph’s after reopening his recruitment earlier this spring. The Gophers have been searching for another ballhandler and facilitator to add to their 2019 class, which includes guard Tre’ Williams, forward Isaiah Ihnen and center Sam Freeman.

    In his second season at New Hampton this year, Adams-Woods averaged 19 points, 6.2 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 1.9 steals. He also shot 56.8 percent from the field and 42.5 percent from three-point range.

    “I think he was under recruited,” said Driscoll, who coached Adams-Woods at Bishop Ludden. “He’s a true point guard who had an unbelievable year this year at New Hampton. There was a period when he was scoring 25 point per game and shooting close to 50 percent from the three-point line.”

    http://www.startribune.com/gophers-n...ted/510078882/

    Go Gophers!!
    Seems like an intriguing prospect. I think I'd still prefer a grad transfer PG, but would okay with him taking the (likely) last scholarship.

  12. #2292

    Default

    Adams-Woods got the shaft from Nebraska. It appears that he will land on his feet somewhere (hopefully with the Gophers) and have a much better experience than what he had at Nebraska.

  13. #2293
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whalenfan View Post
    Looks like a really good shooter, 38% from 3 in the eybl, 42.5% from 3 in prep school this year.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaA3ndfCSzA
    I hadn't really looked into how good this kid really is but I'm sold. Has good size at 6'3" for a PG, can shoot the ball, and has good athleticism/quickness. Adams-Woods would round out this 2019 recruiting class nicely... hope we get him.

  14. #2294

    Default

    MAW looks like a good competitor, steady ball handler, and reliable shooter. Would love to have him on the squad - when was the last time the Gophers had a reliable 2nd PG?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #2295

    Default

    6'3" pt guard who can move and shoot. Im sold as well. 247 indicates umass has the inside track, closer to home i suppose. Looks like his offer list is mostly mid majors including iona.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •