Gophers get Akeem Springs

If not Amanda Braun, then Amanda Bynes!

At least we know that he knows how to win at Williams Arena.

She may be a bad AD and have had that dealt to her, but being a deplorable human being is largely self-made. She has some control over that.

Glad to have Springs aboard. Hopefully, he gives us a bunch more than Malik. Based on his public information, I like the guy. Sounds like he can provide some on-court and 0ff-court leadership and hopefully some points.

After this dumpster fire of a season, it's nice to see Pitino being capable of getting a player other major programs were after. And, maybe better yet, shouldn't have to read about wanting him gone because we're disillusioned after putting him in our starting line-up for next year already.

Who were the other schools chasing after him?

Wonder if we are still in on the French Canadian big man who visited. I think he'd be nice to have, but with what our top recruiting Targets are in 2017 and not to mention we are full with our current roster, never thought of him as a necessity?

If he doesn't start, the risk of chemistry issues is higher. He is a senior. He averaged 13 points a game. He shot 49% overall and 35 % from 3. He can go off...high of 33...9 for 11 game and 14 of 18 game. He had 21 vs Notre Dame and 15 vs the Gophers. He can compete. Does that give him the best numbers on the team? (didn't look it up) We need to score more points to win games. He will help in our area of greatest weakness. Very nice upgrade to the roster. We competed last year when rostered players were healthy/available. We have like 6 better players now to add to the mix...we'll have a very good year.

Coach Pitino chimes in:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I'm assuming he starts but this is a big get simply because all we've heard in the last two or three years is that we dont have the depth to play at the pace we want to play at.

Well, now we've got basically 5 guys for the 3 perimeter spots at least and experienced bigs.

Springs also rebounds well, which could give us some flexibility in terms of running some small-ball lineups with Murphy at the 5

Mason-Dupree-Coffey-Springs-Murphy

Mason-Coffey-Springs-Fitz-Murphy

Dupree-Coffey-Springs-Fitz-Murphy

Alot of lineup flexibility there for when (not if) our Centers get in foul trouble

Looks like a very low risk, nice depth piece. I'm thinking he'll present a nice scoring option off the bench. It doesn't look like he'll stuff the stat sheet on both ends of the floor, but he can score and rebound. Two things we missed a lot last year. I like his offensive efficiency progression the last few years. Turned himself into a decent threat from behind the arc.

Looks like a very low risk, nice depth piece. I'm thinking he'll present a nice scoring option off the bench. It doesn't look like he'll stuff the stat sheet on both ends of the floor, but he can score and rebound. Two things we missed a lot last year. I like his offensive efficiency progression the last few years. Turned himself into a decent threat from behind the arc.

+1. You can never have too many guards, as we were all painfully reminded this year.

Questions for next year after getting Springs:

1. Can Mason take another step and be all-B1G?

2. Will Murphy avoid a sophomore slump?

3. Can Springs repeat last year's output at a B1G level?

4. Will the transfers excel?

5. Can Coffey match Murphy's freshman output?

6. Who will be red-shirted? Curry? Hurt?

7. Who will be the GOTO-GUY in crunchtime?

8. Will the staff be able to get all this talent to buy-in and play together?

9. Does McBrayer continue to improve?

10. How many of 1-9 need to happen t make it to the NCAAs?
Wow. Overanslysis much?

This appears to be good, but if we could predict the future, then who would believe us?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Given the angst that Gophers fans had over the Russell Wilson transfer, I thought this transfer would have been roundly criticized on this board.

Well who's going to complain when we are the one's that benefit from it.

C'mon now, not that complicated

Given the angst that Gophers fans had over the Russell Wilson transfer, I thought this transfer would have been roundly criticized on this board.

Thanks for the valuable contribution

Springs is probably our best guard and most constant player next year!! This is big time!!

Is it a fair assessment to assume we will get more from Springs next year than we would have from Dorsey?

Well it sounds like all the UW System schools are suffering under the idiotic cuts from Scott Walker's Koch fueled budget cuts. I have a friend who is leaving UWRF after 6 years teaching there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes, it's those evil Reps. and Walker that are causing this WI mess. But somehow, some way, Bucky is able to overcome the "idiotic cuts" and continue to win.

What a Tool Bag.

Top Bottom