Vince Taylor interviewed for South Dakota St head-coaching job

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I hope Vince gets the job. He interviewed for a few HC positions while he was here. He seems to have put in his time, and deserves a shot to run his own program.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

It's not official yet, but word is the SDSU job is going to T J Otzelberger, who is an assistant coach and lead recruiter for Iowa State.

Is SDSU a higher profile job than Minnesota at this point?

Is SDSU a higher profile job than Minnesota at this point?

I'm guessing this is a joke, but no. I'm not sure there's a single power conference job that is worse than South Dakota State. Maybe Rutgers, BC, or Northwestern, but even those I think are a stretch.

You guys know I'm kidding, right?:rolleyes:

I'm guessing this is a joke, but no. I'm not sure there's a single power conference job that is worse than South Dakota State. Maybe Rutgers, BC, or Northwestern, but even those I think are a stretch.

Even those are ridiculous. They just lost their coach to Wright State. The Summit is a decent conference and SDSU/NDSU are the best jobs in it, but come on.

You guys know I'm kidding, right?:rolleyes:

I figured it was either that or you're a troll, but I get the feeling you're a real fan. :) I think I remember someone writing in to either a local paper or the espn big ten blog back in 2010 or 2011 when the football team was terrible, that we should be kicked out of the conference for sucking at football, and replaced with North Dakota State. So the suggestion that South Dakota State is a better job than Minnesota would probably not be the most ridiculous take I've heard unfortunately.

I still can't believe we were swept by South Dakota at home. My parents were giving me crap since they are Jackrabbits! Obviously a B1G job is much better than SDSU. My own ranking of coaching jobs in B1G.

1. Michigan State
2. Indiana
3. Wisconsin
4. Maryland
5. Michigan
6. Ohio State
7. Purdue
8. Illinois
9. Iowa
10.Minnesota
11. Northwestern
12. Penn State
13. Nebraska
14. Rutgers

For me personally, if I were a coach, I'd want Minnesota and would want to destroy Iowa, Wisconsin and Indiana every single time we played them!

Top Bottom