Buggs is back

giphy.gif

The plot thickens.

And the team is apparently going to spend the summer following a Phish tour.

Can't remember exactly why I have this impression but Buggs seems to really like being a student at MN, regardless of the basketball situation.

And the team is apparently going to spend the summer following a Phish tour.

Can't remember exactly why I have this impression but Buggs seems to really like being a student at MN, regardless of the basketball situation.

I think he made some comments like that after Tubby was let go, since Tubby was the guy that brought him to the U.

Thank God he is back... Now we can continue to speculate on whether he is in or out of Pitino's dog house, how many minutes he will get, & if he will reach his full basketball potential as a Gopher... The drama continues...

1. what the hell are the players wearing??

2. gaston looks very focused

Team bonding with a group tie-dye project in the Arts department!

Buggs has on the court things to deal with but he is a terrific athlete. He lit it up at Iowa two years ago. I am glad he will continue to be a Gopher and represent the UM as well as he can

It is critical that RP keeps the team together. Yes, probably even Diedhou whom many want to eject into nowhere. RP must settle in with a roster and start showing some stability. Only winning two BIG contests is bad enough but losing two players this past season sends a huge negative message. Can RP captain the ship??? Can he maintain a roster and keep his players in check?

With this terrible season behind him, RP needs to grab at any positive straws that he can find.

Buggs has on the court things to deal with but he is a terrific athlete. He lit it up at Iowa two years ago. I am glad he will continue to be a Gopher and represent the UM as well as he can

It is critical that RP keeps the team together. Yes, probably even Diedhou whom many want to eject into nowhere. RP must settle in with a roster and start showing some stability. Only winning two BIG contests is bad enough but losing two players this past season sends a huge negative message. Can RP captain the ship??? Can he maintain a roster and keep his players in check?

With this terrible season behind him, RP needs to grab at any positive straws that he can find.

I'm with you but my stance on this has definitely started to soften when you really look at how many players leave year to year. Even looking at the Big Ten this year alone.....

2016 Big Ten Outgoing Transfers

- Illinois Fighting Illini
Mike LaTulip, 6-1, guard, redshirt senior
Darius Paul, 6-8, forward, redshirt junior (Hope International)

- Indiana Hoosiers
Harrison Niego, 6-1, guard, freshman

- Iowa Hawkeyes
Andrew Fleming, 6-5, guard, freshman
Brandon Hutton, 6-6, forward, freshman

- Michigan Wolverines
Spike Albrecht, 5-10, guard, redshirt senior
Aubrey Dawkins, 6-6, guard, sophomore
Ricky Doyle, 6-9, forward, sophomore

- Michigan State Spartans
Javon Bess, 6-5, forward, sophomore
Marvin Clark, 6-6, forward, sophomore

- Minnesota Golden Gophers
Kevin Dorsey, 6-0, guard, freshman

- Nebraska Cornhuskers
Tanner Borchardt, 6-8, forward, freshman walk-on
Jacob Hammond, 6-10, forward, sophomore
Johnny Trueblood, 6-4, guard, freshman walk-on

- Northwestern Wildcats
Johnnie Vassar, 6-0, guard, sophomore

- Ohio State Buckeyes
Daniel Giddens, 6-10, forward, freshman
Austin Grandstaff, 6-4, guard, freshman
AJ Harris, 5-9, guard, freshman
Mickey Mitchell, 6-7, forward, freshman

- Purdue Boilermakers
Kendall Stephens, 6-6, guard, junior
Grant Weatherford, 6-2, guard, redshirt freshman

- Rutgers Scarlet Knights
DJ Foreman, 6-8, forward, sophomore
Justin Goode, 6-2, guard, freshman

- Wisconsin Badgers
Riley Dearring, 6-5, forward, redshirt sophomore (Cal State Fullerton)

http://www.btpowerhouse.com/2016/3/...iowa-michigan-northwestern-purdue-rutgers-new

Buggs made 3 (4?) 3s against Iowa 2 years ago and has gotten the potential tag stapled on his forehead. Potential is not hitting a couple threes in one random game.

Dude won't average more than 5 minutes a game next year unless we have injury or foul trouble. He's a liability.

Likely gets one rotation in the first half, if he is aggressive or hitting 3s he'll get a second.

roll call: who on this board got up in arms when the gophers didn't offer Riley Dearring when he signed at wisco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you but my stance on this has definitely started to soften when you really look at how many players leave year to year. Even looking at the Big Ten this year alone.....

2016 Big Ten Outgoing Transfers

- Illinois Fighting Illini
Mike LaTulip, 6-1, guard, redshirt senior
Darius Paul, 6-8, forward, redshirt junior (Hope International)

- Indiana Hoosiers
Harrison Niego, 6-1, guard, freshman

- Iowa Hawkeyes
Andrew Fleming, 6-5, guard, freshman
Brandon Hutton, 6-6, forward, freshman

- Michigan Wolverines
Spike Albrecht, 5-10, guard, redshirt senior
Aubrey Dawkins, 6-6, guard, sophomore
Ricky Doyle, 6-9, forward, sophomore

- Michigan State Spartans
Javon Bess, 6-5, forward, sophomore
Marvin Clark, 6-6, forward, sophomore

- Minnesota Golden Gophers
Kevin Dorsey, 6-0, guard, freshman

- Nebraska Cornhuskers
Tanner Borchardt, 6-8, forward, freshman walk-on
Jacob Hammond, 6-10, forward, sophomore
Johnny Trueblood, 6-4, guard, freshman walk-on

- Northwestern Wildcats
Johnnie Vassar, 6-0, guard, sophomore

- Ohio State Buckeyes
Daniel Giddens, 6-10, forward, freshman
Austin Grandstaff, 6-4, guard, freshman
AJ Harris, 5-9, guard, freshman
Mickey Mitchell, 6-7, forward, freshman

- Purdue Boilermakers
Kendall Stephens, 6-6, guard, junior
Grant Weatherford, 6-2, guard, redshirt freshman

- Rutgers Scarlet Knights
DJ Foreman, 6-8, forward, sophomore
Justin Goode, 6-2, guard, freshman

- Wisconsin Badgers
Riley Dearring, 6-5, forward, redshirt sophomore (Cal State Fullerton)

http://www.btpowerhouse.com/2016/3/...iowa-michigan-northwestern-purdue-rutgers-new
Good post. Nebraska just announced another player leaving, freshman guard Bakari Evelyn is going to transfer. Miles also has to replace his 6th assistant in 5 years.

Did Ohio State lose their entire 2015 recruiting class?

Is Murphy in the picture?

Who is Riley Dearring?

Javon Bess sounds like a receiver from Hawaii.

Could you win more games than the Gophers did with all the B1G players transferring on one team?

Who is Riley Dearring?

Could you win more games than the Gophers did with all the B1G players transferring on one team?

Could you?

You probably could make the tournament.

1) These were sent to them by Nike
2) I think he looks like "what the hell am I wearing??"
Does this mean the fan club will begin secret meetings again?

Next meeting will occur when our matching sweatshirts arrive. Nike says they are on backorder. Wearing them to meetings might lessen the secrecy aspect, tho.

I think we saw what Bugg's potential is going to bring us in the last few games of the season.

Who is Riley Dearring?

4th from the left.

Pitino tweeted a comment about those as potential alternate uniforms and how they would be received. Made me chuckle after the black uniform freak out.

Who is Riley Dearring?

Dearring is a Minnetonka sg, class of 2013. Signed to wisco during Pitino's first class I think. I don't think he was heavily discussed here or heavily recruited by either tubby or Pitino, but I seem to recall some isolated uproar when Wisconsin "poached" another Minnesota high school player. I was using this as an example of why that "build the fence around Minnesota" theory can be flawed. Maybe a great kid, but doesn't appear to have been big 10 level. Hope he gets some minutes out west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) These were sent to them by Nike
2) I think he looks like "what the hell am I wearing??"

Next meeting will occur when our matching sweatshirts arrive. Nike says they are on backorder. Wearing them to meetings might lessen the secrecy aspect, tho.

I think we saw what Bugg's potential is going to bring us in the last few games of the season.

We did? Sorry I missed it. In fairness, I did spend much of those games trying to avert my eyes...

I didn't need the last three games of the season to see Buggs' potential. He peaked somewhere in the past three years! You just can't tell where or when.

Great kid and I am glad he will be back to hopefully finish his degree as a Golden Gopher student-athlete.

Top Bottom