MSU's Deyonta Davis declares for NBA, will hire agent

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Even with Izzo's best recruiting class coming in, Sparty now perilously thin in the frontcourt. Would imagine Izzo will be in hot pursuit of a graduate transfer or two. Schilling, Goins, and incoming freshman Nick Ward pretty much the frontcourt.

With MSU not getting Josh Jackson (Kansas), now losing Davis, and previously losing Marvin Clark, I think the Badgers are now the clear 2016-17 B1G favorite assuming Nigel Hayes doesn't go pro.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I would agree, although unless I am missing something IU hasn't lost anyone early have they, don't think the Big Ten will have a legit national title threat next year

I would agree, although unless I am missing something IU hasn't lost anyone early have they, don't think the Big Ten will have a legit national title threat next year

IU's Troy Williams declared, but isn't hiring an agent. Bryant is coming back. If Williams comes back I'd still have the Hoosiers and Sparty just behind the Badgers. Losing Yogi is a huge loss, just like MSU losing Valentine. Replacing a stud player who is the unquestioned team leader is not easy to do.

Agree with your assessment about the B1G. I don't see a national title threat.

I would agree, although unless I am missing something IU hasn't lost anyone early have they, don't think the Big Ten will have a legit national title threat next year, with the possible exception of the Gophers....

FIFY

Not surprised. He'll have a learning curve in the NBA but be getting paid a bunch of money to do it, unlike the B1G. Surprised he didn't get more playing time for the Spartans this year.

Top Bottom