Tremble and Stone going pro

Otis

Reaction score
ESPN reports that both players are entering the draft. This should drop Maryland a few pegs in the standings.

Stone and Carter have hired agents and are gone for sure.

Tremble has not hired an agent and will test the waters under the new rule.

ESPN reports that both players are entering the draft. This should drop Maryland a few pegs in the standings.

Stone and Carter have hired agents and are gone for sure.

Tremble has not hired an agent and will test the waters under the new rule.

That would eliminate the entire starting 5.

My bet is Trimble comes back. If he ends up going Maryland is going to be crap next year. If he stays they'll be middle of the pack

I bet Trimble's gone, his stock was so much higher as a freshman, I don't think he wants to risk it falling even more, it seemed like he came back specifically to win the title they didn't get it done, just doesn't seem like there's anything that would motivate him to stay in college

This is a pretty weak draft class. Anyone who has NBA ambitions should take a long look at declaring this year.

I think it will depend on who drafts him as well. If San Antonio drafts him, I would think he would go.

I think it will depend on who drafts him as well. If San Antonio drafts him, I would think he would go.

The NBA Draft isn't until June. Those who declare and don't hire an agent have to withdraw their name by May 25 or they lose their eligibility.

I meant if San Antonio told him "We will take you a the end of the first round." he would have to stay in.

I love how 100 guys leave early every year. How many open roster spots do they think are available?

Trimble might get drafted, like in the 45-60 range. At this point, staying might actually help him because he can still get better at running a team, shot selection, work on his body.

Those who say he could get drafted in the late first - people say that about roughly 50 prospects.

After the lottery, the next 16 picks is more like 10 because playoff teams don't want to pay a rookie, so they draft Euro stash guys. That waters down that "late first" label quite a bit.

Trimble might get drafted, like in the 45-60 range. At this point, staying might actually help him because he can still get better at running a team, shot selection, work on his body.

Those who say he could get drafted in the late first - people say that about roughly 50 prospects.

After the lottery, the next 16 picks is more like 10 because playoff teams don't want to pay a rookie, so they draft Euro stash guys. That waters down that "late first" label quite a bit.

Agree with this. Trimble would be wise to come back, especially after a disappointing season individually. His stock can't be that high right now. Maybe he comes back and has a Denzel Valentine or Yogi Ferrell type senior season?

Agree with this. Trimble would be wise to come back, especially after a disappointing season individually. His stock can't be that high right now. Maybe he comes back and has a Denzel Valentine or Yogi Ferrell type senior season?

Won't he just be a junior this season? I like him as a player but he has a frail look about him. Seems hurt a lot and that could scare off a lot of suitors.

Won't he just be a junior this season? I like him as a player but he has a frail look about him. Seems hurt a lot and that could scare off a lot of suitors.

My bad, Holy Man. You're correct, he'd be a junior. Brain cramp. Still think he should return to school!

Maryland's biggest problem this year was Trimble (and perhaps Turge) thought Trimble should be the #1 option, and he shouldn't have been. Layman was a really good player who too often was an afterthought in their offense. Ditto for Carter and Stone. I'd buy stock in Layman for a long NBA career.

I love how 100 guys leave early every year. How many open roster spots do they think are available?

new rule buddy...its way more smart to declare then not to...you get a free great evaluation and you can come back and play college ball as long as you dont sign an agent...

btw... i did a little research tonight and most of your post are just pretty bad, not intelligent and sorry but bland and boring.....keep it up though gives me something to write about

Top Bottom