Picture of Gophers' Quick Lane Bowl ring

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Looks great to me...keep earning them guys!

too bad Little Caesars wasn't still the sponsor, could throw some pizza slices around that thing...

too bad Little Caesars wasn't still the sponsor, could throw some pizza slices around that thing...

That's a pretty small surface for inscribing the word "Participation". Rings are for championships. A ring for a B1G West title, or B1G title, or National Title would seem about right. Rings for bowl game is interesting, but that's today's watered down culture. If every bowl does it, then so be it I guess.

That's a pretty small surface for inscribing the word "Participation". Rings are for championships. A ring for a B1G West title, or B1G title, or National Title would seem about right. Rings for bowl game is interesting, but that's today's watered down culture. If every bowl does it, then so be it I guess.
Do they do rings in fargo for JVships

I like the straight M on the top, looks nice. Sometimes these rings get a bit theme heavy.

Do they do rings in fargo for JVships

The only time a DI FCS team would get a ring would be for an NCAA DI Football Championship. I suppose I could petition the NCAA to give rings to all the payoff participants or the runners UP too if you think that would make everyone feel better about their participation.

Do you think that Duluth has DII rings? I'd suppose so for an actual national championship.

I agree that the MN rings look great!

The only time a DI FCS team would get a ring would be for an NCAA DI Football Championship. I suppose I could petition the NCAA to give rings to all the payoff participants or the runners UP too if you think that would make everyone feel better about their participation.

Do you think that Duluth has DII rings? I'd suppose so for an actual national championship.

I agree that the MN rings look great!
The envy is strong in you.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Didn't get any rings as a kid, huh?

The envy is strong in you.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Are you advocating for bowl participation rings? . . . I am advocating that "rings" are for championships. Why would I be envious of participation handouts?

Are you advocating for bowl participation rings? . . . I am advocating that "rings" are for championships. Why would I be envious of participation handouts?

Why can't we just be happy for others. If the rings have meaning to the guys, that's all that matters. Stupid insults are just that...stupid.

Why can't we just be happy for others. If the rings have meaning to the guys, that's all that matters. Stupid insults are just that...stupid.

It could be a ring, paperweight, commemorative coin, mug, or whatever. It's just a keepsake souvenir for participating in a bowl that comes along with the overall bowl prize packages for the student athletes. It's about the same as getting a pair of Beats headphones except the ring is more personalized and the Beats actually get used.

I couldn't imagine someone actually wearing an athletic ring daily that wasn't for a national championship, so no one is ever going to see it beyond this one Tweet / forum post.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

You got all the respect you deserve!

Lindy's puts the wrong UND QB on its issue:

Link

Hahahahahahahahahaha

You got all the respect you deserve!

Lindy's puts the wrong UND QB on its issue:

Link

I'm not sure I understand the connection between bowl participation rings and the fact that ndsu has two former QBs playing professional football.

Lol. The whole idea of FCS football is a "participation" league. That's today's watered down culture. Give everyone a chance to win something!

Lol. The whole idea of FCS football is a "participation" league. That's today's watered down culture. Give everyone a chance to win something!

You'll have to take that up with the ncaa. Pretty sure ole Jer had enough of participation league teams in the region.

It could be a ring, paperweight, commemorative coin, mug, or whatever. It's just a keepsake souvenir for participating in a bowl that comes along with the overall bowl prize packages for the student athletes. It's about the same as getting a pair of Beats headphones except the ring is more personalized and the Beats actually get used.

I couldn't imagine someone actually wearing an athletic ring daily that wasn't for a national championship, so no one is ever going to see it beyond this one Tweet / forum post.
Bringing back those great memories of beating 2 MAC teams a MTW team Illinois and Purdue. Getting into a bowl game at 5-7 and beating another MAC school.
If it was a coin or some other keepsake it would be fine. When you hear athletes talk about rings it means championships.

da U

You'll have to take that up with the ncaa. Pretty sure ole Jer had enough of participation league teams in the region.

Take up what? I don't have a problem with participation awards/gifts. Bowl rings, 1AA "championships", etc... That seems to be your issue.

A parent of a player posted a picture of the ring (understandable as most parents are proud of their kids). No player or fan bragged about it. It is something that is extremely common for the bowl game winner to get a ring.

Kinda funny that nearly half the posts in this thread are from fans of different programs. They're making a bigger deal out of this than Gopher players and fans are.

A parent of a player posted a picture of the ring (understandable as most parents are proud of their kids). No player or fan bragged about it. It is something that is extremely common for the bowl game winner to get a ring.

Kinda funny that nearly half the posts in this thread are from fans of different programs. They're making a bigger deal out of this than Gopher players and fans are.

It's a whiney ndsu fan with strange complex.

Time for ndsu to join the big boys.

Clearly not. Maybe that is what you think. Check your facts next time.
If Iowa or Wisconsin did something like this this board would killing them.
You can think what you want. I am pretty sure the majority of the sports public would agree with me. Enjoy the participation ring.

da U

You can think what you want. I am pretty sure the <b>majority </b>of the sports public would agree with me. Enjoy the participation ring.

da U

softening

You can think what you want. I am pretty sure the majority of the sports public would agree with me. Enjoy the participation ring.

da U

If they did what? I'm pretty sure getting a ring for a bowl win is a pretty standard thing.

Or are you talking about the photo being posted to begin with? It was a parent of one of the players. How dare a parent do something like that!

Or are you talking about this thread? Because the only reason this even made it to the second page was because of you and a NDSU fan who seem to be extremely interested in Gopher football for some reason.

Take up what? I don't have a problem with participation awards/gifts. Bowl rings, 1AA "championships", etc... That seems to be your issue.

So, 40 teams should end the season in DI FBS football with rings? You actually believe that, or are you just going to argue with anything I have to say?

The only time a DI FCS team would get a ring would be for an NCAA DI Football Championship. I suppose I could petition the NCAA to give rings to all the payoff participants or the runners UP too if you think that would make everyone feel better about their participation. Do you think that Duluth has DII rings? I'd suppose so for an actual national championship. I agree that the MN rings look great!

The FCS went 3-60 vs. FBS last year and yet their champion is deserving of a ring? Got it.

So, 40 teams should end the season in DI FBS football with rings? You actually believe that, or are you just going to argue with anything I have to say?

You're the only one making a big deal out of this. The players and fans aren't bragging about it. When you go to bowl games and win you get stuff. It's as simple as that.

But go ahead and continue to be offended by something you shouldn't even be worried about.

Top Bottom