BTN: Projecting starting lineups for 2016-17 (MN: Mason, Coffey, Fitz, Murphy, Lynch)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

Minnesota

G: Nate Mason
G: Amir Coffey
F: Davonte Fitzgerald
F: Jordan Murphy
C: Reggie Lynch

Summary: This past year was one to forget for Richard Pitino and the Minnesota Gophers. It should be a different story in 2016 as the Gophers bring in a top-tier recruiting class to go along with two talented transfers in Davonte Fitzgerald and Reggie Lynch. Nate Mason and Jordan Murphy, Minnesota’s two best players this past season, both return and should help anchor the starting lineup with Fitzgerald, Lynch and star freshman Amir Coffey. This should be the most improved team in the Big Ten.

http://btn.com/2016/04/06/big-ten-basketball-projecting-starting-lineups-for-2016-17/

Go Gophers!!

per BTN:

Minnesota

G: Nate Mason
G: Amir Coffey
F: Davonte Fitzgerald
F: Jordan Murphy
C: Reggie Lynch

Summary: This past year was one to forget for Richard Pitino and the Minnesota Gophers. It should be a different story in 2016 as the Gophers bring in a top-tier recruiting class to go along with two talented transfers in Davonte Fitzgerald and Reggie Lynch. Nate Mason and Jordan Murphy, Minnesota’s two best players this past season, both return and should help anchor the starting lineup with Fitzgerald, Lynch and star freshman Amir Coffey. This should be the most improved team in the Big Ten.

http://btn.com/2016/04/06/big-ten-basketball-projecting-starting-lineups-for-2016-17/

Go Gophers!!
Not a bad prediction. Dupree will be in the mix as well.

I imagine if we land Springs he will be in the mix for the two guard spot as well

If we get Springs, I could see it flushing out like this:

Starters:
PG: Mason
SG: Coffey
SF: Fitzgerald
PF: Murphy
C: Lynch

2nd Squad:
PG: McBrayer
SG: Springs
SF: Hurt/Gilbert
PF: Curry/Buggs
C: Konate

I could see Springs and McBrayer playing at the same time sharing the ball handling and both playing as combo guards. The chances of a full 5 man substitution pattern, I would hope, will be minimal.

Don't count McBrayer out as a starter at SG. He is one of our best defensive players. Coffee could play SF.

Don't count McBrayer out as a starter at SG. He is one of our best defensive players. Coffee could play SF.

I think the one that can consistently make threes between Fitzgerald and McBrayer will start, the team badly needs a second outside threat, Coffey may make a few but I don't see that as his strength.

McBrayer starts somewhere without doubt.

Yes.

He will be Gophers 2nd best player by the end of next season (assuming no transfer in his future). Highly undervalued key piece to what Pitino wants to get accomplished.

Top Bottom