UNC Fans Start Petition to Overturn National Championship Game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon:

Remember the National Championship game between North Carolina and Villanova? Of course you do.

The UNC-Nova game will probably go down as one of the greatest in title game history. The insane shot by Marcus Paige and then the game-winner by Kris Jenkins is enough to keep fans talking for a long time. It was a horrible way to lose, and the Tar Heels fans aren't taking it lightly.

According to change.org, a group of UNC fans have started a petition to get the national title game overturned due to poor officiating. Obviously, this isn't going to happen but you can't blame dedicated fans for trying.

"This game was poorly officiated from the tip off to the end," the petition states. "It was a one-sided called game all the way through. The officials called fouls against UNC that should have not been called and never called Villanova for the fouls they committed. The officials never called Villanova for multiple travel violations either. Also I want a complete investigation into the officials as it was them that decided the game, not who played better."

So far it has 113 of 500 signatures. What's going to happen when it gets to 500, the world may never know.

http://athlonsports.com/college-bas...rcus-paige-north-carolina-tar-heels-villanova

Go Gophers!!

Why bother? They'd end up having to vacate the Nat'l Championship anyways.

Do they not remember the 05 title game where Sean May was allowed to commit light battery?

In this age where groups of people feel entitled to a variety of things, this isn't that shocking.

Sounds like all the UNC fans were stuck with the Villanova stream over at Mulligan's house.:rolleyes:

I sincerely hope this isn't serious.

But if it is, it's quite funny.

Sounds like all the UNC fans were stuck with the Villanova stream over at Mulligan's house.:rolleyes:

Um ... I was stuck with the UNC stream. Because nobody informed me there were other feeds, 19.
Although, come to think of it, I maybe could have surmised it.

Hell, I'm the guy who disappointed my grandson because he wanted to watch a movie and I had no idea which of the 3 remotes I was to use. Thank God, he got distracted by his Legos.

UNC got jobbed by the refs, especially in the first half, as well as the last call that put Nova at the line with under a minute left. However, this is silly and sour grapes to say the least.

UNC got jobbed by the refs, especially in the first half, as well as the last call that put Nova at the line with under a minute left. However, this is silly and sour grapes to say the least.
Ya but there UNC, no one feels sorry for them

The officials called fouls against UNC that should have not been called and never called Villanova for the fouls they committed.

I don't think the author of this petition understands the meaning of the word "never".

But I'm sure he/she got an "A" in all "classes" at UNC.

This is what passes for applied learning at UNC (Ur Not Champions)

Maybe they watched the channel with the UNC-oriented play by play of the game and assumed it was neutral...

Um ... I was stuck with the UNC stream. Because nobody informed me there were other feeds, 19.

Hell, I'm the guy who disappointed my grandson because he wanted to watch a movie and I had no idea which of the 3 remotes I was to use. Thank God, he got distracted by his Legos.

Once again I had the wrong team....damn!

It's apparent that TBS should have paid CBS whatever necessary to run a very large crawl at the bottom of the screen during the game.

I couldn't agree more but it is pointless to whine about now. The game has become so subjective; the outcome can be completely controlled by the refs and it was in this case.

its unc. They don't need a petition. Just a poorly written paragraph

UNC home of the Non Student Athlete.

Top Bottom