PiPress: Milwaukee transfer Akeem Springs to visit Saturday

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee guard Akeem Springs shined in a win against the Gophers in December, but now he’s considering transferring to Minnesota, according to multiple reports.

Springs, a 6-foot-3 Illinois native, is expected to visit Minnesota’s campus on Saturday, per ESPN.com and CBSSports.com Wednesday. He is also scheduled to visit Mississippi this week.

The Gophers have a scholarship available for next season after freshman guard Kevin Dorsey was announced Monday to be transferring to another school.

Springs decided to leave Milwaukee after head coach Rob Jeter was fired last month after the Panthers won 20 games this season. Springs averaged 13.2 points, 5.3 rebounds and 1.7 assists as a junior this year.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/04/0...kee-transfer-akeem-springs-to-visit-saturday/

Go Gophers!!

Hmm, he has been very effective his first 2 year.

Not a grad transfer I believe.

I see he's a grad transfer. That would be a very nice addition.

Click on the article, people.

Florida State, Mississippi, Virginia Commonwealth, Creighton and Butler are among the other schools showing interest in Springs, who is graduating and eligible to play immediately in 2016-17.

Does he have one or two years of eligibility. I think he was at Northern Illinois before Milwaukee

He was class of 2012 according to his bio on Milwaukee so he will be a RS senior.

EDIT: Forgot what year is was

If you can beat 'em, join em?

Anyway, if he can provide some dependable shooting then I'm all for it.

He was class of 2012 according to his bio on Milwaukee...

12-13 FR - UNI
13-14 SO - Sat due to transfer
14-15 RS SO - Milwaukee

So he should be a RS JR, shouldn't he? And not a grad transfer?

EDIT: Or if he did graduate, can a player opt to forego a year of eligibility in order to play immediately as a grad transfer?

You forgot this past season (15-16). He played a year at UNI, sat a year and then has played the past two seasons at Milwaukee.

You forgot this past season (15-16). He played a year at UNI, sat a year and then has played the past two seasons at Milwaukee.

Realized that right after I posted. Milwaukee's bio still lists him as a Sophomore, so I wrongfully assumed he was a sophomore this past year... my bad.

A positive development if it happens. If Coach can convince a proven accomplished player to come into this situation, he has shown some recruiting chops.

He'll fit like a glove then

58885926.jpg

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If he is a point guard, which is what we would need with Dorsey gone, it seems his assist/game average is rather poor.

Top Bottom