Jon Rothstein has Gophers as 1 of 5 teams on the rise in 2016-17

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Per Rothstein:

Minnesota: This past year for the Gophers was one to forget.

Next season may be one to remember.

Despite an 8-23 record with only a pair of Big Ten wins, there's reason for optimism within Minnesota's program.

The Golden Gophers will add a Top-40 prospect in wing Amir Coffey as well as two transfers in Reggie Lynch (Illinois State) and Davonte Fitzgerald (Texas A&M), who could both find their way into the starting lineup.

The 6-9, 260 pound Lynch is a below the rim low-post scorer who should give Minnesota a true option to throw the ball to in the paint.

Richard Pitino also returns a capable lead guard in Nate Mason as well as power forward Jordan Murphy, who averaged 11.6 points and 8.0 rebounds as a freshman.

This should be a postseason team in 2017.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-the-ncaa-tournament-but-will-make-it-in-2017

I love it! Good to see.

Go Gophers!!

We can't be worse, so a pretty easy projection.

First positive mention from the national media in I can't even remember how long. I'm sure Myron is typing furiously on his next anti-U of M article to make up for this Rothstein mention.

First positive mention from the national media in I can't even remember how long. I'm sure Myron is typing furiously on his next anti-U of M article to make up for this Rothstein mention.

"Smithers, you are the yin to my raging yang."

Jon Rothstein is a parody.

His twitter feed during the tournament made him sound like he was having a stroke.

Top Bottom