New Blog from Coach Pitino

You can also throw a ball so it can bounce from the floor and into and off the wall. Or off the wall into the floor. (Thought I'd waste more of my time on this thread.)
Lol. ....BINGO!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tumblr_mvtkhidXle1rnm1ldo2_500.gif

it's the old Rorschach test again. Some people look at Rich Pitino, and they see a young up-and-coming coach with a lot of promise. Those people are inclined to take a more positive view of Pitino's comments.

Other people look at Rich Pitino and they see a young coach who was given a job he didn't deserve, and is taking the program in the wrong direction. Those people are inclined to take a negative view of anything Pitino says.

I say - the Gophers just had one of the worst season in school history, and the coach is drawing a comparison between the Gophers and the team that just won the NCAA title. Even if there's some truth in what Pitino said, it still comes off as a huge reach, or downright delusional.

If Pitino had said "I believe we're going to have a much better season next year," a few people may have scoffed, but the reason Reusse wrote that column is because Pitino chose to draw a parallel between his team and Villanova. This one's on Pitino - not Reusse.

Depends how you interpret it. I took it as an example of a program that was able to recover from a very bad year.

It's like when someone says Shannon Brooks reminds them of Adrian Peterson. Doesn't mean they think he will be as good as Peterson.

I'm glad someone understands. It's amazing how few people understand that comparing one aspect is not the same as saying the two people or situations are equal. Reusse is the biggest dumb@ass in this regard, just barely ahead of dpo

Always enjoy reading his blogs, especially when they have individual player analysis. Surprised and glad to hear Fitz is the biggest gym rat

We are like Villanova in that we are both universities. The similarities seem to stop there however.

Unfortunately, a friend of mine recently had his first small business go belly-up. It just didn't work out. Would it be okay if I said something to him like "Did you know Bill Gates' first business was a disaster?"

My point would be that even the most successful people in the world sometimes have things go badly.

Unfortunately, a friend of mine recently had his first small business go belly-up. It just didn't work out. Would it be okay if I said something to him like "Did you know Bill Gates' first business was a disaster?"

My point would be that even the most successful people in the world sometimes have things go badly.

No way! How dare you make observation. Your friend has not received nearly enough ridicule!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are like Villanova in that we are both universities. The similarities seem to stop there however.

Vill-A-No-Va..... Minn-E-So-Ta..... sort of sounds the same.

Top Bottom