ESPN: Way-Too-Early Top 25 rankings for 2016-2017 (#9. wisconsin)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

9. wisconsin badgers

Given the mid-December retirement of icon Bo Ryan, and the Greg Gard-led phoenix that sprung up a few weeks later, you'd hardly blame badgers fans for wishing the 2015-16 season was, say, three or four weeks longer. What if this team had found itself in November? How might the season have been different? Next season offers a rare opportunity to test that exact hypothesis. Nigel Hayes is the only potential departure, and even that seems unlikely; Bronson Koenig, Ethan Happ, and the rest of this team's top nine scorers are likely to return. This team went to the Sweet 16 after a 9-9 start; imagine what it might do with a full year to figure things out.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-wildcats-college-basketball-top-25-2016-2017

Go Gophers!!

Well Wisco does return everyone and their two best players will be seniors. I think Purdue and Maryland are terribly overrated with the guys they're about to lose. I know the draft rules are looser now for the players, but I think Trimble will declare, and stone and Swagimon are gone. It'll be interesting to see what Williams and Bryant do, I also think Sparty is underrated, top recruiting class next year and they might add the nation's top recruit.

Well Wisco does return everyone and their two best players will be seniors. I think Purdue and Maryland are terribly overrated with the guys they're about to lose. I know the draft rules are looser now for the players, but I think Trimble will declare, and stone and Swagimon are gone. It'll be interesting to see what Williams and Bryant do, I also think Sparty is underrated, top recruiting class next year and they might add the nation's top recruit.

I highly doubt Swanigan leaves.

Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and Indiana are the top 5 teams going into the year in my opinion and should all be ranked in the top25. If Swanigan comes back, they should be in that mix as well. Don't think Maryland is that good unless they make a haul in spring recruiting.

Everyone else

Irvine, Dawkins, Rahkman, Robinson and Donnal. Plus a top-50 recruit in PG Xavier Simpson

Ah interesting. Point still stands. They'll have their starting 5 back (assuming nobody else leaves), a top-50 recruit, plus plenty of talent. Maybe No. 2 in the conference is aggressive, but they'll be better and I think they'll be ranked for most of the year assuming health.

Top Bottom