Kevin Dorsey to Transfer from Minnesota

Coffey just got a lot more PT, which is a good thing.

Georgetown doesn't take people involved in sex scandals as undergrads. Graduates yes, undergrads no. As Bill Clinton confirms.

A totally out of the blue guess for Dorsey's landing spot?

Memphis.

Okay oh wise one. I think there are plenty teams that would want a consensus four star recruit that is now available

the problem is the baggage he carries with him. I think a school more like Rutgers or BC or St. Johns would be more likely someone who badly needs talent. Otherwise a Georgetown brings in too many 4 star players to risk the image hit. Not to mention he has to sit a year before he's eligible so the school will need a scholly they can burn for a year.

Some people on her actually think Pitino can convince a grad transfer to come here and play backup PG on a team that probably won't make the tourney?

This loss is going to effect the entire calibration of this team. McBrayer will have to handle the point, which I have complete faith in him doing, but having two ball handlers on the second unit is always a huge plus. Now that McBrayer plays point that means someone like Gilbert or Buggs will see significant time at the wings, and that's just no as ideal..

Gophers have one PG on the entire roster. I don't care what people say of Sharp. He's not a Big10 caliber player.

The 80 minutes in the backcourt will now be spread out between Coffey, mason and McBrayer, maybe Sharp gets 5-10 minutes who knows. I think the wink is still a cluster, Fitz, Coffey, Hurt, Gilbert, Buggs could all play there, they all won't. Buggs will probably play at the four, if at all and I think most of Coffey's minutes next year will be in the backcourt. Hopfully Curry is ready at the PF spot to back up Murphy.

A totally out of the blue guess for Dorsey's landing spot?

Memphis.

He wants to be closer to home. So he could go to George Mason, Towson, Delaware, Virginia, Virginia tech, VCU, Richmond, Maryland, or George Washington to name a few. His game kind of fits with VCU. I predict VCU.

Of course his predilection for "Doggie Style" may lead him to join the Retrievers of UMBC!

He wants to be closer to home. So he could go to George Mason, Towson, Delaware, Virginia, Virginia tech, VCU, Richmond, Maryland, or George Washington to name a few. His game kind of fits with VCU. I predict VCU.

Of course his predilection for "Doggie Style" may lead him to join the Retrievers of UMBC!

"Close to home" doesn't always translate to "close to home" if the right offer comes along!

I threw out Georgetown because they're not John Thompson III daddy's Hoyas anymore, they've been down since they lost to lob city a few years back and they're close to where Dorsey's from. I just think he will end up out east in a Power six program. If I am wrong I am wrong, maybe he goes to Maryland, I hope not I don't want Pitino to let our guys transfer within the conference, but Marlyand gonna need an influx in talent, they recruited him and they took on Wells and Suliomon who were of far worse character IMO

I threw out Georgetown because they're not John Thompson III daddy's Hoyas anymore, they've been down since they lost to lob city a few years back and they're close to where Dorsey's from. I just think he will end up out east in a Power six program. If I am wrong I am wrong, maybe he goes to Maryland, I hope not I don't want Pitino to let our guys transfer within the conference, but Marlyand gonna need an influx in talent, they recruited him and they took on Wells and Suliomon who were of far worse character IMO

Actually looking at just who georgetown has on their roster and who they have been able to recruit the last few years it's not a bad option from both sides. Maryland would annoy me greatly but yeah it could be an option for them too given the likely loss of talent after this year.

Is he leaving with or without the Wizinator 3000?
Perhaps Isaiah Rider can give him advice on picking a school.

If he had Wells and Sulimon's skills, of course. Dorsey played 10-12 minutes a game for a team that went 2-16 in the B1G and you think that Maryland or Georgetown will make a scholarship available for him? Let's hope he gets a D-1 offer and makes something of his collegiate career. So far it hasn't worked out so well.

GI has a poster with UM connections who claims that there will be another transfer within 24-48 hours. And not one of the often talked about likely transfers: Gaston or Buggs. McBrayer? Sure hope not. Murphy?? That would be devastating.

RP must keep this roster intact and put a stop to the one-and-done BS. Or resign.

Stay tuned as the things may still be unsettled.

If he had Wells and Sulimon's skills, of course. Dorsey played 10-12 minutes a game for a team that went 2-16 in the B1G and you think that Maryland or Georgetown will make a scholarship available for him? Let's hope he gets a D-1 offer and makes something of his collegiate career. So far it hasn't worked out so well.

It's all about need and potential. People said the same about Cobb, he played less, and wasn't as touted as Dorsey.

GI has a poster with UM connections who claims that there will be another transfer within 24-48 hours. And not one of the often talked about likely transfers: Gaston or Buggs. McBrayer? Sure hope not. Murphy?? That would be devastating.

RP must keep this roster intact and put a stop to the one-and-done BS. Or resign.

If this turns out to be true I would put my money on Gilbert. Fitz, Coffey, Hurt and him all could play the 3 and he might be the lowest down on that list. I hope not as I liked the way Gilbert played at the end of the season. I'm hoping this is just someone looking for attention.

Just when I had almost convinced myself that losing Dorsey won't hurt us too much. Man it's tiresome being a fan of this team.

Gotta' keep the M&M&M guys. As long as it's not Mason, McBrayer, or Murphy. ...

He was a little too wild for a Minnesota lifestyle. I know closer to home,used to apply for the transfer aspect,and waivers.But in this case it probably is culture shock thing

He was a little too wild for a Minnesota lifestyle. I know closer to home,used to apply for the transfer aspect,and waivers.But in this case it probably is culture shock thing

I would think with another year or two of enculturation, we could civilize him sufficiently.

It's all about need and potential. People said the same about Cobb, he played less, and wasn't as touted as Dorsey.

Cobb's post gopher career was definitely a surprise. The distinction was that we never saw enough of Cobb to make an assessment (shame on Tubby) and Cobb is about 6'4".

Cobbs played plenty in his only year here. He played in 34 games, and averaged more than 10 mpg as a freshman in the Big Ten. Certainly it was not a case of Tubby not liking his game. Obviously Cobbs felt he'd be better off playing somewhere else.

Cobbs played plenty in his only year here. He played in 34 games, and averaged more than 10 mpg as a freshman in the Big Ten. Certainly it was not a case of Tubby not liking his game. Obviously Cobbs felt he'd be better off playing somewhere else.

He was right.

I'm guessing McBrayer is the next, hoping Mason sticks around.

Based on what he did at Cal, absolutely. Worked out well for Cobbs.

He did turn into a stud there... Recall the fist time seeing him play, it was at the Sal and some Euro-pro vet was all over him trying to show up a kid that was just weeks out of HS, he didn't back down and damn near got in a fight. One tough SOB.

I was worried that there was an announcement of their return without any comment from any of the suspended players. Hopefully the drama stops, but maybe not. First step in putting together a winner is keeping a roster together.

Top Bottom